4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Frankencar is IN!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2003, 04:31 PM

Frankencar is IN!!

Yes!... I took me about 2 hours but i finally got this baby installed. Ive been waiting since September for this...and it was WORTH THE WAIT! The new sound is definately the most noticable thing. I was driving on that stock airbox for so long, its good to hear my max finally breathe. At WOT the car has that awesome roar, its almost sounds like a V8. The sound also reminds me of that Project 300ZX that dynoed at 560rwhp at Stillen Day! It may not be THAT similiar, but you get the idea Seems to be no low end loss(im auto). Throttle response is actually more responsive now. Havent tested high end yet though.

Another note: a little fitment issue with the battery was a problem. After trying to slide the battery as far up as possible, the filter fits but it was pushing up against the battery. I finally decided to use a zip tie so it wouldnt touch the battery. In the end, the intake is a bit bended at the TB/Midpipe joint. Is this okay to do?...Im just afraid that under hard throttle, that certain joint might come loose or open up.
Old 02-07-2003, 04:37 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Frankencar is IN!!

Originally posted by DpG $h0rTeE
Yes!... I took me about 2 hours but i finally got this baby installed. Ive been waiting since September for this...and it was WORTH THE WAIT! The new sound is definately the most noticable thing. I was driving on that stock airbox for so long, its good to hear my max finally breathe. At WOT the car has that awesome roar, its almost sounds like a V8. The sound also reminds me of that Project 300ZX that dynoed at 560rwhp at Stillen Day! It may not be THAT similiar, but you get the idea Seems to be no low end loss(im auto). Throttle response is actually more responsive now. Havent tested high end yet though.

Another note: a little fitment issue with the battery was a problem. After trying to slide the battery as far up as possible, the filter fits but it was pushing up against the battery. I finally decided to use a zip tie so it wouldnt touch the battery. In the end, the intake is a bit bended at the TB/Midpipe joint. Is this okay to do?...Im just afraid that under hard throttle, that certain joint might come loose or open up.
Glad to hear that you like your new intake. I had the same problem with the filter hitting the battery. So I moved the batter foward as much as I could, and tightend the "J" bolts that hold the battery in place. Now the Filter can move around, w/o hitting the battery.
Old 02-08-2003, 05:49 AM

I did the same thing and the filter still hit the battery!