4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

For those w/ HID in foglights ....

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2003, 09:50 AM

For those w/ HID in foglights ....

I'm considering getting HID's for my stock fogs. My question is will I have any probs to fit the HID bulb inside of my stock foglight? And also, If I'll just leave my corner lights on along w/ fogs, would that be enough of light from my fogs or not? I think not, cuz fogs just ren't aimed high enough to see like w/ headlights, but still wanted some feedback. I know I'll probably get a ticket too driving without my headlights on at night...
Old 02-08-2003, 09:56 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: For those w/ HID in foglights ....

Originally posted by EuroMaxima99SE
I'm considering getting HID's for my stock fogs. My question is will I have any probs to fit the HID bulb inside of my stock foglight? And also, If I'll just leave my corner lights on along w/ fogs, would that be enough of light from my fogs or not? I think not, cuz fogs just ren't aimed high enough to see like w/ headlights, but still wanted some feedback. I know I'll probably get a ticket too driving without my headlights on at night...
are you talking the whole HID setup with ballasts and all? Did you ever think about someone walkin by and ripping them out, since they (the ballasts) will be exposed? I could have put them in my fogs at the same time I got my headlights done, but decided not to put them in the fog's also because of the security...
Old 02-09-2003, 12:10 PM

Re: Re: For those w/ HID in foglights ....

Originally posted by tzmanles
are you talking the whole HID setup with ballasts and all? Did you ever think about someone walkin by and ripping them out, since they (the ballasts) will be exposed? I could have put them in my fogs at the same time I got my headlights done, but decided not to put them in the fog's also because of the security...
Can't you extend the wiring to hide ballasts somewhere else? I'm sure its possible. I'm just wondering whether I won't have any issues getting HID bulb inside of the foglight itself, and whether or not, the glass will handle that much of heat, cuz I put 100w using H3 reg hologen bulb in, and 2 of my foglights cracked...
Old 02-09-2003, 01:20 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: For those w/ HID in foglights ....

Originally posted by EuroMaxima99SE

Can't you extend the wiring to hide ballasts somewhere else? I'm sure its possible. I'm just wondering whether I won't have any issues getting HID bulb inside of the foglight itself, and whether or not, the glass will handle that much of heat, cuz I put 100w using H3 reg hologen bulb in, and 2 of my foglights cracked...
that im not sure of...i know that the plastic/glass(whatever the headlights are in 97's) dont get hot with the HID's. I believe that the ballests are there to regulate the power so the bulbs dont get really hot. They are different than just a regular 100 watt bulb.
Old 02-09-2003, 01:52 PM

the ballasts will not be exposed. you can still hide them. no one will steal the ballasts off unless they know you have the hid's in the fogs. it's not like having a cl, audi where everyone knows you have them and you're an easy target.

the wires can be extended without a problem. remember, hid's run cooler then regular halogen bulbs so you're good to go.