4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Okay, i did something really stupid.

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2003, 08:41 PM

Okay, i did something really stupid.

When I picked up my 99 SE on friday, there was this little black plastic nut that was on the floor of the drivers seat. I had no idea what it was and I threw it in the door sleeve/pocket. It started to drive me nuts b/c it would vibrate with the stereo and would roll back and forth in between stop lights, so stupidly, I threw it out the window. While I was searching for the weird A/C vent sound, I came across the same piece that I had thrown out the window, except this piece was holding the floor (not the hook for the mats) carpeting secure to the car. Sure enough, it was the piece that I had thrown out the window as I cehcked and found the missing nut on the drivers side. Does anybody know where I might find this piece? I can just imagine the dealer wanting 10 bucks for it, does anybody know if I can improvise it with something else? It really does not make the carpet shift,now that its not there, but it just bothers me that it's not their anymore.
Thanks all
Old 02-10-2003, 08:52 PM
vicodin ... gift of life

Re: Okay, i did something really stupid.

Originally posted by FormorAccordMan
When I picked up my 99 SE on friday, there was this little black plastic nut that was on the floor of the drivers seat. I had no idea what it was and I threw it in the door sleeve/pocket. It started to drive me nuts b/c it would vibrate with the stereo and would roll back and forth in between stop lights, so stupidly, I threw it out the window. While I was searching for the weird A/C vent sound, I came across the same piece that I had thrown out the window, except this piece was holding the floor (not the hook for the mats) carpeting secure to the car. Sure enough, it was the piece that I had thrown out the window as I cehcked and found the missing nut on the drivers side. Does anybody know where I might find this piece? I can just imagine the dealer wanting 10 bucks for it, does anybody know if I can improvise it with something else? It really does not make the carpet shift,now that its not there, but it just bothers me that it's not their anymore.
Thanks all

if it bugs you THAT much, check it out at the dealership... no way they will charge you 10 dollars. $2 maximum. OOOOOOOOORRRRR if you wanna look for a junkyard, you can go out and pick out whatever u need too. Anywho good luck fixing that.
Old 02-10-2003, 09:25 PM

Thanks

Damn, sometimes I wish I wasnt so damn ****!
Old 02-11-2003, 09:58 AM

Trim fix parts are usually cheap (and also universal).

If you feel like it, you can yank one out, go to your local auto parts store and see if anything matches closely. Your call.