4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

i almost lost my license

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2003, 07:00 AM

i almost lost my license

Well I was really stupid the other day. I was on my way to the mall and I saw a riced out Accord. So we both started playing with each other. not really racing, just speeding, going back and forth. then out my rearview mirror I see a cops reverse lights go on. he was waiting in a church parking lot. I was way ahead of the cop so I slowed down and turned off onto a small dirt road in hopes of him not pulling me over. Well he caught up with me and pulle dme over. He asked me where I was going. I said "to the mall." since I didnt even know what road I was on, I couldnt answer him when he asked me what road I was going to turn on next. So now he knew I was lying to him(stupid) then he asked me for my liscense, and I realized I left it at home. He was very ANGRY! almost yelling at me. then his radio went off. then he told me "Well it's your lucky day. there was an accident with injuries, dont let that be you. By the way, I was going to pull your liscence for reckless driving and fleeing a cop." then hedrives off with sirens blaring. i wasnt really fleeing the cop, since he didnt have his sirens on or anything. but I was still really stupid. I think ive learned my lesson. street racing is pointless and stupid. dont do it. i was so close to being f!#@ed for the "fun" of toying with an accord.
Old 03-27-2003, 07:02 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

try to be less stupid
Old 03-27-2003, 07:31 AM
Cheesing away...

If his lights were not on, I don't see how it was evading a police officer.
Old 03-27-2003, 07:39 AM
Jedi Knight

Originally posted by NickStam
try to be less stupid
don't be such a MORON!
Old 03-27-2003, 08:12 AM

I'd shiet my pants
Old 03-27-2003, 08:33 AM

Originally posted by vsidesupratt1
If his lights were not on, I don't see how it was evading a police officer.
There was a cop who stopped me while I was walking home after a party and accused me of evasion. He claimed I saw him and walked in the other direction. I was 21 at the time (I was holding a beer) when he stopped me. It really ****ed me off that he tried to accuse me of evasion when all I was doing was walking back to my apartment. He made me pour out the beer and let me go. If he wasn't actively following me, evasion should not even be an issue. Sometimes cops get a little overzealous in their accusations

However, when you know you've been spotted for doing something wrong, you are liable for evasion. The best thing to do when you know you're spotted by a cop for speeding or whatever is to just continue going where you were headed or pick a definite destination. That way, you have a desitination and when you're asked, the answer will be legit.
Old 03-27-2003, 08:39 AM
V^___^V

Originally posted by Maxman2000
I'd shiet my pants
Old 03-27-2003, 08:56 AM

Something like that happened to me when kinda blew a stop sign...The guy was takin forever, at the stop sign, and I kinda rolled it, and there was a darned cop behind em...I looked hella young back then, and I forgot my liscense at home, and had expired insurance cards....He told me that he likes his coffee with 2 sugars, and to look for him at the donut shop (no lie.)

damn lucky day for me
Old 03-27-2003, 09:35 AM

Originally posted by MacGyver265

There was a cop who stopped me while I was walking home after a party and accused me of evasion. He claimed I saw him and walked in the other direction. I was 21 at the time (I was holding a beer) when he stopped me. It really ****ed me off that he tried to accuse me of evasion when all I was doing was walking back to my apartment. He made me pour out the beer and let me go. If he wasn't actively following me, evasion should not even be an issue. Sometimes cops get a little overzealous in their accusations

However, when you know you've been spotted for doing something wrong, you are liable for evasion. The best thing to do when you know you're spotted by a cop for speeding or whatever is to just continue going where you were headed or pick a definite destination. That way, you have a desitination and when you're asked, the answer will be legit.
lol for some reason I didn't read "walked back to my appartment"
I caught "wall hacking my appartment"
Old 03-27-2003, 09:37 AM

Originally posted by multiplexor

lol for some reason I didn't read "walked back to my appartment"
I caught "wall hacking my appartment"
someone's been playin a little too many video games
Old 03-27-2003, 10:36 AM

Originally posted by Jamsan
Something like that happened to me when kinda blew a stop sign...The guy was takin forever, at the stop sign, and I kinda rolled it, and there was a darned cop behind em...I looked hella young back then, and I forgot my liscense at home, and had expired insurance cards....He told me that he likes his coffee with 2 sugars, and to look for him at the donut shop (no lie.)

damn lucky day for me