4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Was this a good deal on a 1995 GLE?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2003, 08:43 PM

Was this a good deal on a 1995 GLE?

Im getting this next week:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6400

I figured it was a GLE because of the wheels.. Im not too sure if it has ABS or not, im hoping it does but if it doesnt, oh well... Yeah it needs a little work but im a poor college kid on an even poorer college kids budget so this pretty much fits right in my budget

It shipped today so I should have it sometime early next week I think. Im gonna get those seats fixed right away depending on how much it costs, if it costs too much ill just get some covers until I can fix the seats. Im also gonna change those wheels. My cousin has a 2000 SE and he changed his SE wheels the other day so im gonna buy those off him. Theyre 18" I think?

I'm originally from the Bahamas but I just moved up here (Georgia) in January for university. I have a 1990 GXE back home that my mom is trying to sell right now so she can get her money back she loaned me to buy this. I woulda sold it myself when I was back home but I was too busy partying my last days off. I loved that car though so I just had to have another one, only newer this time. Is there anything I should know about the 95 GLE's or anything I should try or do once I get it? Im hella excited about it now
Old 02-14-2003, 09:10 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Your right rear door is damaged, and its apparent judging from the color of your rear bumper and body that the vehicle was involved in a accident. It's a GLE by the way not bad for the price though. Good Luck.
Old 02-14-2003, 09:35 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

even with the dent..

that's a very nice deal congrats.

Beige/tan is usually one of the less desirable colors, but for the money, this was a great deal.

I don't agree with Harris on the accident issue. The only obvious accident is the dented door, which can probably be fixed for a relatively good price. I can't spot any color problems, if the bumper and the body mismatch slightly, it doesn't mean it was in an accident, because most 4th gens have this problem from factory.. It could also have had the bumper repainted.. no big deal.

Again
for the $.. sweet pick up. yes, it's a GLE.. loaded
Old 02-14-2003, 09:48 PM

yeah I saw the dent.. Thats no biggie.. I'll get that fixed before I get the seats fixed.. In fact, I *think* they may have fixed it before they shipped it because they did do some work on it before they shipped it like detailing it and some tuneup work too.

Yeah I really wanted black, blue, green, burgandy or white.. I really didnt want this color but hey, for the money I cant complain and at least it isnt that gold color.. I cant stand that one or is that the same as this?
Old 02-15-2003, 04:38 AM

Originally posted by j0e-
yeah I saw the dent.. Thats no biggie.. I'll get that fixed before I get the seats fixed.. In fact, I *think* they may have fixed it before they shipped it because they did do some work on it before they shipped it like detailing it and some tuneup work too.

Yeah I really wanted black, blue, green, burgandy or white.. I really didnt want this color but hey, for the money I cant complain and at least it isnt that gold color.. I cant stand that one or is that the same as this?
but the car that you bought is gold.....
Old 02-15-2003, 05:15 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Needs some TLC...but sweeeeet deal nontheless. Body work is cosmetic nut it is the mechanical part that you need to worry about. With the way the car looks there is no telling how the former owners performed maintenace on it. Do most of the work yourself if you can and you should still make out.
Old 02-15-2003, 05:43 AM

Bumper color always changed on these cars from the rest of the car so you can't say that the bumper paint is different can you?

Originally posted by HarrisH
Your right rear door is damaged, and its apparent judging from the color of your rear bumper and body that the vehicle was involved in a accident. It's a GLE by the way not bad for the price though. Good Luck.
Old 02-15-2003, 07:14 AM
AssyrianRacer

And One More thing

Caution, Car Exceeds Speeds Of Hondas

Old 02-15-2003, 08:02 AM

Welcome to the org joe. Feel free to join us in the SE forum since you are here in GA.

BTW, Don't sweat the seats too bad. I'll have my whole interior out of an identical GLE up for sale soon. I'm converting to all race, and so removing the whole interior. All my seats are in great shape with the drivers seat being the only one showing slight wear from getting in/out for 8 years.

All the SE guys are great at lending a hand when it comes to the max. Let us know if we can help.
Old 02-15-2003, 12:51 PM

but the car that you bought is gold.....
It is? I must be confused then because I swear ive seen max's that looked more gold than mine.. ehh.. I must be going crazy again

Caution, Car Exceeds Speeds Of Hondas
My cousins wife just got a 2003 Accord.. what about that one?

Welcome to the org joe. Feel free to join us in the SE forum since you are here in GA.
I had no idea there were regional forums here.. Ive been lurking around here since 2000 but I never got to post that much. I'll check it out right now.
Old 02-21-2003, 07:19 PM

ok update

I got the max today.. We checked it out pretty good.. It came with the dent in the picture, and another small one on the left side.. Ill work on those some other time. The engine is running really smooth so there doesnt seem to be any problems there, it feels great. All in all its a pretty nice ride.

The only things im worried about are:

1) The check engine light is on and stays on.. We're carrying it to nissan in the morning to have that checked out or probably some other mechanic.

2) The front right suspension is making a knocking type sound whenever we brake or hit a bump in the road.. Any kinda bump causes it to make that sound. I dont like the sounds of this so we're having that checked out tomorrow as well. The steering wheel is also pulling to the right slightly, im guessing because of that problem.

Also the cd player isnt playing cd's but im hoping it just needs a cleaning. It just says CD Err whenever I try any cds. The cassette player seems to be working although sometimes it wants to hold onto the tapes but after a few tries it'll spit it back out. Now I dont listen to tapes so I really couldnt care less if that worked or not but the cd player i'd like to be working. If I try the cd cleaner tomorrow and it still doesnt work then I know what I have to do. My 1990 GXE came with a bose system that I had to trash. So if I have to ill change the head unit, 4 speakers and i *may* add a sub.. Im on a tight assed budget though so im praying the cd cleaner works.

The arm rest came loose, there werent any screws in it for some reason but we fixed that and the rear view mirror on the windshield was loose as well so we fixed that.

Also the antenna is broken off so I need to get a replacement for that. The motor may still be good though because you can hear it when you cycle the power to the head unit?

Im still very happy with it. I knew it was gonna be a fixer upper so im up for the challenge. I have to pick up some mats, seat covers(the drivers seat looks like someone tried to digest it or something ), and some wiper blades. Tomorrows a big day for me and the max