4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Stock BOSE system help

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 10:32 AM

Stock BOSE system help

Hey all,
I was reading through some posts and noticed that some of us are replacing the tweeters in the a pillars on our 5th gen maximas because the tweeter in the 5th gen max's are not amplified at the twwet, but rather piggy backed off the midbass. so a simple 4 ohm tweet swap is simple and a great upgrade. Now I have a 4th gen with the tweets in the door with the BOSE. I am pretty unfappy with the highs of the system, my freaking Accord has better tweats up front for crying out loud. Can you pry the tweet out of the door and just splice in a better tweeter in there? or do i have to start prying the whole dor panel off If so, Im picking up a set of new tweets ASAP.
Old 02-24-2003, 12:11 PM

Re: Stock BOSE system help

Originally posted by FormorAccordMan
Hey all,
I was reading through some posts and noticed that some of us are replacing the tweeters in the a pillars on our 5th gen maximas because the tweeter in the 5th gen max's are not amplified at the twwet, but rather piggy backed off the midbass. so a simple 4 ohm tweet swap is simple and a great upgrade. Now I have a 4th gen with the tweets in the door with the BOSE. I am pretty unfappy with the highs of the system, my freaking Accord has better tweats up front for crying out loud. Can you pry the tweet out of the door and just splice in a better tweeter in there? or do i have to start prying the whole dor panel off If so, Im picking up a set of new tweets ASAP.
You're not happy with the highs in the stock Bose?! Do you have super k-9 hearing or something?
Old 02-24-2003, 01:17 PM

Stock BOSE system help

Socrates, I have a 2001 Accord in addition to the 99 Max with the Bose. The 2001 Accord sounds a lot better on slow songs. I am not the type that cranks the Bass all the way up. The Bose is good if you want substance to the sound but if you hear a song that doesn't have a whole lot of Drum action, the stock Honda stereo will smoke the Bose any day of the week. So, please do not make fun of this guy. There are times when I absolutely love the Bose in the Max and then there are some times when I hate it. I have learnt to live with the differences of the sound quality of both the cars. Bose is known for undistorted Bass but not for undistorted Treble. It infact does distort the treble if you have it all the way up and the song has too many highs.

Originally posted by Socrates

You're not happy with the highs in the stock Bose?! Do you have super k-9 hearing or something?
Old 02-25-2003, 06:37 AM

Re: Stock BOSE system help

Originally posted by dvpatel99se
Socrates, I have a 2001 Accord in addition to the 99 Max with the Bose. The 2001 Accord sounds a lot better on slow songs. I am not the type that cranks the Bass all the way up. The Bose is good if you want substance to the sound but if you hear a song that doesn't have a whole lot of Drum action, the stock Honda stereo will smoke the Bose any day of the week. So, please do not make fun of this guy. There are times when I absolutely love the Bose in the Max and then there are some times when I hate it. I have learnt to live with the differences of the sound quality of both the cars. Bose is known for undistorted Bass but not for undistorted Treble. It infact does distort the treble if you have it all the way up and the song has too many highs.

You hit the nail on the head! So...Any thoughts on my intitial post?
Old 02-25-2003, 07:23 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

YOu might try posting this in the audio forum.

Also, I believe that the tweeter is NOT a standard 4-ohm tweet. I saked the same question a month or so ago and noone seemed to know.