4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Programming keyfob / Another Key

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2003, 10:26 PM
I like Maximas

Programming keyfob / Another Key

Here's Two More questions to all you enthusiasts out there:

I got 2 keys but only one keyforb with my car, and a friend who crashed his 98 max (RIP SE) gave me his keyfob as a gift and told me he knows a guy who could reprogram it for my max and i shouldn't go to the dealer. I checked and the keyfobs seem to be identical, is there any way i program it myself?
I aso want to order another key for my max from the dealer, since i have a 99, i read earlier on the .org it has a chip inside and a copy of the key from a locksmith would not start the car. how much would another key cost me from the dealer without a keyfob? or does it have to come with a keyfob? I know the dealers here in NYC are a pain to deal with since they try to sell you more than you need, and i want to come prepared to defend my wallet from their mysterious charges. thanks in advance!

-Vadim
Old 03-16-2003, 10:29 PM
Well I should wrap this up before I start to ramble.

Re: Programming keyfob / Another Key

Originally posted by vipervadim
Here's Two More questions to all you enthusiasts out there:

I got 2 keys but only one keyforb with my car, and a friend who crashed his 98 max (RIP SE) gave me his keyfob as a gift and told me he knows a guy who could reprogram it for my max and i shouldn't go to the dealer. I checked and the keyfobs seem to be identical, is there any way i program it myself?
I aso want to order another key for my max from the dealer, since i have a 99, i read earlier on the .org it has a chip inside and a copy of the key from a locksmith would not start the car. how much would another key cost me from the dealer without a keyfob? or does it have to come with a keyfob? I know the dealers here in NYC are a pain to deal with since they try to sell you more than you need, and i want to come prepared to defend my wallet from their mysterious charges. thanks in advance!

-Vadim

NO only the dealer could do that. it is a special programmer unit they use. i paid 27 dollar for it. its not that bad.