4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Trunk mat worth buying

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2003, 02:30 AM

Trunk mat worth buying

Is the OEM trunk mat accessory worth spending $40.00 on?
Old 03-28-2003, 08:03 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Ok...the trunk mat is pretty much made out of the same carpet as your floormats with a heavy rubber backing. It's a nice piece of work and looks a lot better than the cheapo mat that the car came with. It also seems to cut down on noise coming from the rear a smidge...nothing dramatically noticable but just a bit. I just got mine today...I'd buy it again with a different car.
Old 03-28-2003, 08:23 PM
lefty

I went out and got the weathertech rubber trunk liner.

Has like a 1.5 inch lip around the trunk so I can throw in my muddy boots, fishing gear, snoboarding gear etc... and can hose down the liner to keep it clean.

Check out weathertech website.

Old 03-28-2003, 09:19 PM

Originally posted by lefty

Has like a 1.5 inch lip around the trunk so I can throw in my muddy boots, fishing gear, snoboarding gear etc... and can hose down the liner to keep it clean.

i bought the weathertech trunk liner for my GFs liberty, thing is awesome.. it saved the carpet from a nasty turkey gravy spill on thanksgiving eve. however, i didn't know they made it for our cars..i am planning on getting their ventvisors that look great on plus they don't have the bubble-look like the cheap ones.
definitely a great web sight.
Old 03-28-2003, 09:23 PM
Keepdiscoevil

How much do thos eweather tech mats usually cost. For $40 i woulkd not complain. That is not bad at all.

Old 03-28-2003, 10:56 PM

Originally posted by delerium75
Ok...the trunk mat is pretty much made out of the same carpet as your floormats with a heavy rubber backing. It's a nice piece of work and looks a lot better than the cheapo mat that the car came with. It also seems to cut down on noise coming from the rear a smidge...nothing dramatically noticable but just a bit. I just got mine today...I'd buy it again with a different car.

Ok, so who makes this trunk mat?
Old 03-28-2003, 11:02 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Nissan makes it.
I was planning on getting one until I got my changer installed and it took up some of the space.
Old 03-29-2003, 02:07 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by delerium75
You're right....it should reduce noise from the rear. Have you ever driven the car w/o rear seats and without any liner in the back? It is extremly noisy!! A cost-effective move by Nissan (and probably many other car companies) is to use the rear seating foam as a sound deadener from the rear wheel wells. It makes a ton of a difference, and I wouldn't be surprised if a thicker trunk mat would help a bit too.
Old 03-29-2003, 08:32 AM
pjalst

Originally posted by lefty

I have the weathertechs up front. It work great in the winter, you can get in the car with snow on you books and the deep grooves in the rubber catches all the snow. After the snow melts you just take the mat out and pour off the water. It keeps the water from getting in the carpet and giving you that moldy smell you get in you car when the carpet gets wet.

Old 03-29-2003, 06:07 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

buy the OEM... $40 is a decent price spending on the trunk carpet... There's not many options...