4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Changing the side parking light next to the headlight

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2003, 07:15 PM

Changing the side parking light next to the headlight

How do i change the parking light that is directly next to the headlight it is ver confsn and my hand doesnt fit
Old 04-06-2003, 07:27 PM

Re: Changing the side parking light next to the headlight

Originally posted by SiCkBLaCKMaX99
How do i change the parking light that is directly next to the headlight it is ver confsn and my hand doesnt fit
It is kind of confusing at first... You have to get a flathead screwdriver and a rag. Put the rag around the end of the screwdriver and stick the screwdriver in between the headlight and the clearance light and you need to pry the clearance light out. You have to use alot of pressure so be careful not to crack the light itself or the headlight but it will come out just take your time and don't **** up. Once you get it out just unhook the electrical connection and you can change the bulb easily and then it just snaps back in. Good Luck
Old 04-06-2003, 07:28 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

it is very simple. all you have to do is pop the hood, look at the side marker light and you will se that it is connected into the front brace. take out that screew and use alittle force to wiggle the light out. it is held in place by a hole and there is a ball on the light that it snaps into. (it sounds alittle confussing, but you will understand when you see it.) after you have the fixture out then unclip the power wires leading to it. this will allow you to completly take out the fixture. then turn the grey round peice that is in the middle of the side maker. once it is turned pull that peice out and there is you light. replace the light and put back together. make sure you snap that "ball" into the hole like i was talking about. aslo be sure to notice that there is lip on the side of the fixture that has to go under a lip on the frame. if you don't put it under the lip then it will not go back in correctly.

it is very very easy and should take you no more then 5 mins tops even if you have no idea what you are doing. hope this helps. good luck

chris
Old 04-06-2003, 07:31 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

wordjb is talking about the sidemarkers at the bottom above your fog lights. i am not sure if that is what you wanted to do or not. i gave you directions to replace the lights right next to your main headlights. i am not sure what you want to replace. either way you have very good directions for replacing both lights.

Chris
Old 04-06-2003, 08:40 PM

Originally posted by Blkmax95c
wordjb is talking about the sidemarkers at the bottom above your fog lights. i am not sure if that is what you wanted to do or not. i gave you directions to replace the lights right next to your main headlights. i am not sure what you want to replace. either way you have very good directions for replacing both lights.

Chris

My clearence lights dont want to come out i took the screw out but i am afraid that if i pull harder than i am the light is goin to break help me out i ave a 99 max se