4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

100k tune-up??

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2003, 10:35 PM

100k tune-up??

I was wondering what would be recommended for my 100k tune-up. There is no need to replace my air filter, per intake; but what else should I do???? I was thinking....clean throttle body, replace fuel filter(brand recommended for performance?), denso iridium spark plugs, usual synthetic oil change and clean the fuel system. Basically what I want to know is: what other things would be recommended and if any items are included, what brand item? I am not worried about the suspension because I have just recently replace all components including brakes. I want to clean throttle body but I don't know how to do it (I'm guessing you read the instrucions on the container) and also what is the best throttle body cleaner out there? If anyone has anything to add, please help a fellow max friend out, and in return I can help you out.....ehhhhh??? One message to leave you guys that I was thinking about earlier today....if you are going to try to keep your car clean....please clean it in its entirety...don't forget about the wheel wells...two cans of black spray paint can do the whole car, but in case you get some on the body, use some paint thinner to remove it. There is my help, do this and when you look at your Max, she will thank you for giving her a sharper and much cleaner look. If anyone needs any detailing tricks or help with materials just ask me
Old 04-06-2003, 11:02 PM

Just a few things to help you out.

-cleaning the throttle body is really easy. prepare to ger your hands and some rags and a toothbrush dirtier than you think. DOnt panic the first time you crank it up afterwards either. I think maximadriver.com and motorvate.ca have the full write-up on how to do it. it is really simple. sprat brush and spray some more.

-my personal opinion is that the car came with the best plugs for it. I would use the NGK Double Platinums that it was built with. I forget the part number-can someone help me out with it?

-that fuel fiter is its own big deal. depending on how you go about doing it, it can be very frustrating getting those hoses off. make sure that you remove the fuse for the fuel pump and turn the car over first. this will remove any fuel pressuer that there is left on the system.

-Make sure that you check all your fluids and that kinda thing too. Check your cv shaft boots for any cracking/leaks.

Any more questions, just let me know.

these again are the sites to check out- just a few, there are more, i am sure.

www.maximadriver.com

www.vbxmaxima.8m.com

www.motorvate.ca