4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Blue Light after market.

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2003, 03:12 PM
Well I should wrap this up before I start to ramble.

Blue Light after market.

I changed my Original head light bulbs. and put this brand http://www.eurodezigns.com after market light. Does anyone know if they have problem with after market blue bulbs. Are they safe to use?
Thanks In advance.
Old 04-08-2003, 03:23 PM

several people have had problems with the harnesses burning out with xenon bulbs. some possible causes are the wattage is too high, a bad ground with an upgrade wire harnesses, or simply just dirty connectors inside the harnesses which results in more resistance.

i have plasmaglow headlights from www.aieonline.com and have had no problems since i replaced my harnesses with new ones from pepboys.
Old 04-08-2003, 05:06 PM

Originally posted by wheezy
several people have had problems with the harnesses burning out with xenon bulbs. some possible causes are the wattage is too high, a bad ground with an upgrade wire harnesses, or simply just dirty connectors inside the harnesses which results in more resistance.

i have plasmaglow headlights from www.aieonline.com and have had no problems since i replaced my harnesses with new ones from pepboys.

Thanks for the info, someone told me that these type of bulbs will burn the gasket inside the head lamp, and also they will burn the chrome plastic inside, did anyone had problem like that. The thing is i don't want to replace my head lamps for $10 bulb like that.
Old 04-08-2003, 05:45 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by CystumMax

Thanks for the info, someone told me that these type of bulbs will burn the gasket inside the head lamp, and also they will burn the chrome plastic inside, did anyone had problem like that. The thing is i don't want to replace my head lamps for $10 bulb like that.
I am pretty sure u won't melt your housing or any compenent inside it, but if the wattage is too high u will burn your sockets just like I did with my 80/85w bulbs.
Old 04-08-2003, 07:01 PM

Originally posted by optimus310

I am pretty sure u won't melt your housing or any compenent inside it, but if the wattage is too high u will burn your sockets just like I did with my 80/85w bulbs.
Thanks

You sure it wont melt anything inside? If it draws more wattage then it could be that it gets hotter then the normal bulb....
the one i have it is a 80/100w, I have checked the wires they look fine. I look inside the head lamp and it looks like the middle plastic in the center on top of it looks like it has been melted a little bit. the plastic i am talking about is where the bulb goes in and gets hidden behind this plastic it is in the center.
I don't know I might just take them out. and put back a reqular voltage bulbs but a little brighter.
Old 04-08-2003, 07:06 PM

ive got xenon bulbs and havent had any probs yet. im not sure wat the wattage is, but its jus like a $8.00 set from target
Old 04-08-2003, 07:18 PM

I'm gonna call Euro Dezigne tommarow and aks them if they had any problem like that.
Old 04-08-2003, 08:42 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by CystumMax

Thanks

You sure it wont melt anything inside? If it draws more wattage then it could be that it gets hotter then the normal bulb....
the one i have it is a 80/100w, I have checked the wires they look fine. I look inside the head lamp and it looks like the middle plastic in the center on top of it looks like it has been melted a little bit. the plastic i am talking about is where the bulb goes in and gets hidden behind this plastic it is in the center.
I don't know I might just take them out. and put back a reqular voltage bulbs but a little brighter.
Oh ya I am sure cus thats not plastic is some sort of metal. I don't know the name of it but it won't melt. But if you are gonna be using 80/100w bulbs u might want to upgrade your hardness or just ground it to the body of the car. The 80/85 I had melted both of my sockets. Then they started to melt the nect sockets. The only thing that melts is the ground thing.