4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Maxspeed Springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 02:25 AM
babydave

Maxspeed Springs

Has anyone ever heard of a company called Maxspeed? Does anyone have their springs? How is the ride? Thanks.

Old 04-09-2003, 02:30 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Maxspeed Springs

Many of us run Maxspeed springs. There is a debate on how they ride. Some people claim they are harsh. Some people compare them to H&Rs. I have them and I think they great. I don't think they are harsh. They offer a decent drop also. If you're looking to go low, these aren't the springs for you. My car rides really harsh right now. But it's not because of the Maxspeeds. It's because of the AGXs. The AGX are apparently very temperature sensitive. Cold weather makes them really harsh! Take that in to consideration if you're also thinking about getting shocks.

ZuM

Originally posted by babydave
Has anyone ever heard of a company called Maxspeed? Does anyone have their springs? How is the ride? Thanks.
Old 04-09-2003, 08:53 AM

dammit, i live in buffalo and just ordered a set of agx's. at least i can adjust the ride softness with these, right?
Old 04-09-2003, 09:16 AM
Old Maxima Legend

Maxspeed

I have heard of maxspeed but dont think im going to buy them. Im still set on eibach prokit springs .. i love inexpensive items thagt out perform things that cost more ...but no one is conveinced me that the maxsprings are better than eibachs ... so until i actually get mine on my max ..i wont know diddly squat ... good luck and let me know if your maxspeeds are awesome ..then i can feel like crap for paying 240 dollars for the eibachs, unless these Eibachs Rule the World .. i went with the eibach drop because of my inexperience of the whole finished product .. i have a sarona kit to install and with this drop im thinking it will be low enough for me. any lower and it may spell trouble around here .. if i was going to leave the car with a stock exterior look i think i would have went with the sprints ...but keep in mind i dont know stink about it ..sooner or later some vets will post something ... i was also curious about the progress springs cattman sells ...heck .. im still wondering if im paying for the eibach name ...?
Old 04-09-2003, 09:46 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Just so you know, the drop with the MaxSpeed springs is less than the Eibachs but more even than H&R. I had both H&R and now run MaxSpeeds on my 99 with full bodykit.

the biggest difference was the lack of sag in the trunk area that I noticed with the H&R...the MaxSpeeds do not have that trademark.

as far as Eibachs go, I have ridden in them with stock shocks/struts and it feels comfortable as many Maxima's do but I ran both my sets originally with stockers and only a few months ago switched to AGX adjustables.
Old 04-09-2003, 09:46 AM

Your car is going to do this

Hehe. Even at a soft settings its harsh when it's cold. During the winter here in NY I had it set at 2/2 and it was kinda harsh. Now I have it at 2/3 because I was fooled in to thinking the weather was warming up. It's even harsher now. =( But when it's 60-70 degrees, it feels nice.

Originally posted by Stillen_I30
dammit, i live in buffalo and just ordered a set of agx's. at least i can adjust the ride softness with these, right?
Old 04-09-2003, 10:01 AM

Yes my answer! I have H&R's now and was looking into something else due to the sag in the rear with my speaker box and 5speed. Can you give me you opinion on both springs as far as drop, ride, ect. Also, can you send me some pics of both set-up's if you have them.
gte626z@prism.gatech.edu

I love the quality of the H&R's but I'm looking for a sligtly agressive look with the front lower then the rear...will the Maxpeeds give me this or is it just more even then H&R's?

Thanks in advance
Old 04-09-2003, 12:00 PM
babydave

Originally posted by WizzaMax
Just so you know, the drop with the MaxSpeed springs is less than the Eibachs but more even than H&R. I had both H&R and now run MaxSpeeds on my 99 with full bodykit.

the biggest difference was the lack of sag in the trunk area that I noticed with the H&R...the MaxSpeeds do not have that trademark.

as far as Eibachs go, I have ridden in them with stock shocks/struts and it feels comfortable as many Maxima's do but I ran both my sets originally with stockers and only a few months ago switched to AGX adjustables.
How much of a drop do the H&R's give you? Do you think that $100 is a good price for the Maxspeed's? Thanks again.

Old 04-09-2003, 12:07 PM

Maxspeed's are great. They are just not as well known as Eibach's etc. I am running them with AGX's and am 100% satisfied. If I ever upgrade it will be for coilovers.
D
Old 04-09-2003, 12:40 PM

I've used MaxSpeeds on mine for over a year. Not harsh at all. I have rode in others with Eibach/aftermarket strut combo and that's kinda harsh to me (don't remember the strut brand though). I have Eibachs on my new Lexus GS400...the ride is identical to stock except for over really bumpy roads where you can definetly feel more of the road. So personally, I'm partial to both. For the max, the maxspeeds are just fine IMHO, why pay more? Unless you find a suitable combo that gives you either the drop you want or the ride quality you want...cause you're probably not going to get both.
Old 04-09-2003, 01:22 PM

Originally posted by Stillen_I30
"ride softness" and "agx" in the same sentance...didn't think I would ever see it
Old 04-09-2003, 01:37 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

Re: Maxspeed

Originally posted by Ceasars Chariot
then i can feel like crap for paying 240 dollars for the eibachs, unless these Eibachs Rule the World ..
Eibachs should not be that much. I have seen them for $189 new, though I do not remember where...
Old 04-09-2003, 03:40 PM

i just got my maxspeed/kyb gr2 install and i like the handling...ride isn't harsh either...it'll be more stiff going over bumps and all...it give u a decent drop the way it should have been from factory..
Old 04-09-2003, 07:11 PM

Re: Maxspeed Springs

Originally posted by babydave
This should help, its on my favorites list.
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....5&pagenumber=4
Old 04-09-2003, 08:53 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

maxspeeds

from what i have heard, maxspeeds are good springs, they are cheap casue they are a fairly new company. drop is 1.5" ish. ride quality is better than most springs(i think only h&r's are better)if your going to go auto cross or track, these arnt for you. they are softer compared to true performance springs. this is from what i heard, i get my set in roughtly 3 or 4 days, install next week after kyb boots come in.. i can give MY opinion at that time.
Old 04-09-2003, 09:12 PM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

n e one have any experience with maxspeeds and tokico blues?
Old 04-10-2003, 12:01 AM
babydave

Re: maxspeeds

Originally posted by Max Noob
from what i have heard, maxspeeds are good springs, they are cheap casue they are a fairly new company. drop is 1.5" ish. ride quality is better than most springs(i think only h&r's are better)if your going to go auto cross or track, these arnt for you. they are softer compared to true performance springs. this is from what i heard, i get my set in roughtly 3 or 4 days, install next week after kyb boots come in.. i can give MY opinion at that time.
So, in terms of ride, the H&R's are better? I don't need super high performance, thats why I originaly looked at H&R Sport springs. But the prices I saw for the Maxspeeds made me give them a closer look. Also, can anyone recommand a set of shocks that would work well with either the Maxspeeds or the H&Rs. I'm leaning towards a non-adjustable set(budget). Again, thanks to everyone who has replied.