4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

CV boot split

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2003 | 04:00 PM

CV boot split

Just got home from picking up my max and it is so much better. The boots split about a month ago when I was involved in a stupid-bytch-driver-incident and the passenger side wheel was pushed back an inch due to minor stressing of the front portion of the h...anyway ice storm blew into Texas the day before I get a chance to drop it off at the body shop and I guess the impact cracked the boot open because as soon as we got it up on a lift and hosed off the sand or whatever nucleur-engineered **** they put on roads when it ices, the boot was split and diR-Tey.
After 3 weeks of battling her insurance company for full coverage on my vehicle, I had a chance to visit at the body shop and saw the car still up on the lift. FuGGin great lakes on the shop floor where the grease from both boots had leaked out. I guess the drastic temperature change coupled with the accident caused this (+wear 90k). Same place that rebuilt my tranny took a look at this and completely dismantled the transaxle, degreased each part, inspected and tested the parts, then regreased them, assembled them, and packed it in (luckily without any damage) and mounted new solid boots on. All while I was there watching! Anyway labor plus parts for $248..sound right? It pulls harder now and no squeel I assumed were the brakes upon initial driving-sweet ( just having reoccurring nightmares of stupid-bytch-driver-incidents (SBDI) after this, the 8th accident- how much more can the car take?) and insurance left me with $300 in unpaid repairs-
Old 04-10-2003 | 04:02 PM
vicodin ... gift of life

8 accidents?! never offer to sell me your car in the future
Old 04-10-2003 | 04:32 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: CV boot split

Originally posted by k-man
Just got home from picking up my max and it is so much better. The boots split about a month ago when I was involved in a stupid-bytch-driver-incident and the passenger side wheel was pushed back an inch due to minor stressing of the front portion of the h...anyway ice storm blew into Texas the day before I get a chance to drop it off at the body shop and I guess the impact cracked the boot open because as soon as we got it up on a lift and hosed off the sand or whatever nucleur-engineered **** they put on roads when it ices, the boot was split and diR-Tey.
After 3 weeks of battling her insurance company for full coverage on my vehicle, I had a chance to visit at the body shop and saw the car still up on the lift. FuGGin great lakes on the shop floor where the grease from both boots had leaked out. I guess the drastic temperature change coupled with the accident caused this (+wear 90k). Same place that rebuilt my tranny took a look at this and completely dismantled the transaxle, degreased each part, inspected and tested the parts, then regreased them, assembled them, and packed it in (luckily without any damage) and mounted new solid boots on. All while I was there watching! Anyway labor plus parts for $248..sound right? It pulls harder now and no squeel I assumed were the brakes upon initial driving-sweet ( just having reoccurring nightmares of stupid-bytch-driver-incidents (SBDI) after this, the 8th accident- how much more can the car take?) and insurance left me with $300 in unpaid repairs-

Good thing you got it fixed - but you could have gotten completely brand new axles with AMSoil grease in them (better grease) and a lifetime guarantte for the same price.

But then again, that wouldn't have included labor, but it's pretty easy to change an axle yourself...

www.raxles.com