4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

can someone link me to skylin tail light?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2003, 01:00 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

can someone link me to skylin tail light?

Can someone who can search link me to the directions for converting altezzas to skyline tail lights please?
Old 04-12-2003, 01:12 PM

Here ya go...

http://www.vqpower.com/v2/modules.ph...howpage&pid=14
Old 04-12-2003, 01:29 PM

Old 04-12-2003, 02:11 PM

Originally posted by gtr_rider

Wait a second, what happened to the new format of the website? I liked it!
Old 04-12-2003, 06:02 PM

Originally posted by Smithdogg1

Thanks guys, i painted them today, WOW they look great. Also finished CAI install.
Old 04-12-2003, 06:30 PM

can i get pictures of your car? soybeanz@yahoo.com .... where did you buy the paint and how much paint did you buy? I want to try this in a week or two. thanks man
Old 04-12-2003, 06:45 PM

Originally posted by soybeanz
can i get pictures of your car? soybeanz@yahoo.com .... where did you buy the paint and how much paint did you buy? I want to try this in a week or two. thanks man
I will take some pics tomorrow, i bought one can black wet sandable primer, one can of plasticote blue, and one can clear. taped, scuffed, primed 2 coats, 8 coats of paint, two coats clear, removed tape cleaned center, then two more clear coats on entire piece. LOOKS GREAT! ( better than those fugly altezzas.
Old 04-12-2003, 09:48 PM

ALTEEZA MODIFICATION DOESNT REALLY LOOK THAT GREAT JUST A CHEAP SKYLINE IMMATATION.....PEOPLE SHOULD FOCUS ON MODIFYING OTHER STUFF
TAILIGHTS TWO OPTIONS...RED CLEAR OR SMOKE EM OUT
THATS IT! NOTHING ELSE...ANYTHING ELSE IS JUST TASTELESS
Old 04-12-2003, 09:52 PM

Originally posted by SUPREME_GTR
ALTEEZA MODIFICATION DOESNT REALLY LOOK THAT GREAT JUST A CHEAP SKYLINE IMMATATION.....PEOPLE SHOULD FOCUS ON MODIFYING OTHER STUFF

Low buget 95-96 tail light options arent so easy to find. Especially when you dont have the original tail lights or over 200 for clears. Because of this i will have more money to get my y-pipe...
Old 04-12-2003, 10:50 PM

JUST A CHEAP SKYLINE IMMATATION.....
you mean like your GTR emblem?

back to the thread, id like to see the pics too. I can't afford those expensive-*** clears yet either, so I'm thinking the Skyline mod is the least ricey route (not a big fan of the red vinyl mod, especially on my green max).
Keep us up to date.
Old 04-13-2003, 01:39 AM
Most Perverted Member of the SE-L Club

People should focus more on turning off CAPS LOCK so that even though their post is filled with spelling and grammatical errors, it's easier on the eyes.

actually it's more of a cheap impala imitation, but no matter what, it looks cooler than plain old altezzas. here is a link to a more accurate skyline conversion (97-99 only....for now)
http://www.ionicdynamics.com/Skylinedecalkit.html

And as far as 95-96 red/clears being too damn expensive: you can either do a rear-end conversion(which i know is more expensive in the long run, but the 97-99 rear ends look better anyway) or get yourself a pair of OEM 95-96 tails, rip them apart, and do something unique.
Figure a way to either clear out everything, or make red/clears. Think about it, if someone here actually did it, and found a way to make it as cheap as making the 97-99 red/clears, you would be the hero to all those frustrated 95-96 owners.
Old 04-13-2003, 07:22 AM
MaximaFreak

Originally posted by fearthegecko

People should focus more on turning off CAPS LOCK so that even though their post is filled with spelling and grammatical errors, it's easier on the eyes.

Unfortunately, I think you know what we're dealing with here ... I've seen him post in two threads and both times he had nothing constructive to say *shrug*

actually it's more of a cheap impala imitation, but no matter what, it looks cooler than plain old altezzas. here is a link to a more accurate skyline conversion (97-99 only....for now)
http://www.ionicdynamics.com/Skylinedecalkit.html
I photoshopped this on my car one time and the problem I ran into is that you can't get the circular parts large enough to look good. The blinker/reverse portion of the 97-99 taillight is too thick. In order to properly mimic the Skyline tails, you would need the circular part to be twice as big as they are there and of course, that would look better with the amber cleared out. I wish I had some startup money because designing Skyline tails for our cars shouldn't be that difficult ... just a $30,000 set up cost is all
Old 04-13-2003, 09:55 AM

Originally posted by Big_Ham

Unfortunately, I think you know what we're dealing with here ... I've seen him post in two threads and both times he had nothing constructive to say *shrug*
were you referring to me, or spreme_GTR?
Old 04-13-2003, 10:23 AM
MaximaFreak

were you referring to me, or spreme_GTR?
I was referring to our friend SUPREME_GTR
Old 04-13-2003, 10:38 AM

And as far as 95-96 red/clears being too damn expensive: you can either do a rear-end conversion(which i know is more expensive in the long run, but the 97-99 rear ends look better anyway) or get yourself a pair of OEM 95-96 tails, rip them apart, and do something unique.
Figure a way to either clear out everything, or make red/clears. Think about it, if someone here actually did it, and found a way to make it as cheap as making the 97-99 red/clears, you would be the hero to all those frustrated 95-96 owners.
the problem with modifying stock 95/96 lights is that the orange piece is not removable as in 97-99. trust me, i've tried. and when i couldn't do that, i tried using lexan to make a cover that would go over it. and when lexan wouldn't work because its so thin, i tried finding thicker lexan which i couldn't. so i called my dad trying to see if he could get me some plexi, i couldn't even mold that with out the proper equipment. i would have figured it out if i still had a maxima. my last idea was to have my friend mold sheet metal cover for all 4 tail lamps and i was going to put in round tail lights and paint the sheet metal to match. it was probably the most feasible idea but again, i don't have a maxima so its pointless for me to continue with it.
Old 04-13-2003, 11:44 AM

that looks nasty...
Old 04-13-2003, 03:28 PM

what the f--- is wrong with a gtr emblem.....
Old 04-13-2003, 04:15 PM

what the f--- is wrong with a gtr emblem.....
well there's nothing wrong with it (besides the inherent blasphemy of putting a Skyline emblem on your Maxima), especially if you like that sort of thing...which you apparently don't:
A CHEAP SKYLINE IMMATATION
whatever dude, its your car, and I can respect that you mod it however you like. but there's no need to flame other people for modding their care as they see fit. make up your mind. is dressing up your Max like a Skyline something you want to do? if not, then i suggest you get rid of that GTR emblem.

Bah, ive already wasted too much time on this foo
Old 04-13-2003, 07:04 PM

there are alot of maximas on the org with GTR emblems
you dont make sense...just like hondas have their Si and SiR's
we have GTRs nothing wrong with them thats the first ive heard someone saying gtrs are a
Old 04-13-2003, 07:07 PM

there are alot of maximas on the org with GTR emblems
you dont make sense...just like hondas have their Si and SiR's
we have GTRs nothing wrong with them thats the first ive heard someone saying gtrs are a
Nobody is, they are saying that you shouldnt critcize others opinions and likes especially about skyline imitations when you yourself have a GTR emblem on your car
Old 04-13-2003, 07:12 PM

...hmmmm... i see , i guess it did come out that way my apologies to anyone who felt offended
Old 04-13-2003, 07:53 PM

...hmmmm... i see , i guess it did come out that way my apologies to anyone who felt offended
i posted originaly and i wasnt offended, you are entitled to your opinion as much as i am, all good man
Old 04-13-2003, 10:30 PM

Originally posted by Romeo

the problem with modifying stock 95/96 lights is that the orange piece is not removable as in 97-99.

I thought about that after posting. Not as much as i thought about getting some sleep at that point, but i still thought about some possible solutions.

everyone says that the yellow piece is not removable like the 97-99's, but how is it held in? Is it pressed flat against the outside of the taillight, so that the entire surface is against the taillight? Or is it like the 97-99, where there is a "lip" on the edge (where it touches the outside of the taillight), and the rest of the piece is molded inwards?

Because if the piece is like the 97-99, then (theoretically) there should only be a thin layer of glue holding it in. That layer of glue should be removable with some heat.

I dunno. I'm speaking from the point of view of a 99 owner, so i really don't have much experience with 95-96's.
Old 04-14-2003, 09:33 PM

maxima gtr 420 ....my comment wasnt even offensive but people in here are so **** about any opinion they dont favor...come on now
GTR EMBLEM OK but tail lights that you can clearly see are painted or taped to form shapes of skyline tails is overdoing it...
GTR symbolizes the Modifications done on the car...a clear premise for people to understand the car is aggressive and not your average max....so i take back my apology...and you guyz should listen to maxima gtr 420...be C0oL
Old 04-14-2003, 10:02 PM

caps lock rules
Old 04-14-2003, 11:12 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

if i were to paint my tails
i would buy the cheapest alteazzas i could find and paint those....
i think it looks better imo
Old 04-15-2003, 08:34 AM

Originally posted by danimsta
if i were to paint my tails
i would buy the cheapest alteazzas i could find and paint those....
i think it looks better imo
The only thing you have to worry about with cheap altezzas is fitment issues. Or, just do what i did, and buy them off of another org member. They're a whole lot cheaper, and you can see pics on the car so you can see how well they will fit before you buy.

Supreme_GTR: What you're basically saying is that one "mod" (if you can call peeling off a piece of paper and sticking an emblem on a mod) is okay, while another mod (that actually involves some time and effort) is gay. And you're justifying having a GT-R emblem by saying that it signifies that you're modding your car? That's the stupidest thing i've ever heard. If anything, if i saw a max with modded tails (red/clear, syline, altezza, etc) i'd think the guy with the tails was modifying his car. But if i just saw a max with a GTR emblem, i'd think the dude was a poser. The GTR label has become to nissan what Type-R/VTEC badges are to honda. You don't drive a skyline, so there's no reason to have it on.

And before you start plying the victim:
my comment wasnt even offensive but people in here are so **** about any opinion they dont favor
Dude, the guy who started the thread came here looking for info, and while everyone that responded was trying to help, your first response is
that's why people are giving you ****. You come into a thread and give other people ****. He didn't ask for opinions, he asked for help.
Old 04-15-2003, 02:25 PM

nicely put!
Old 04-15-2003, 03:48 PM

dude...wtf is wrong with you people ...ITS A DISCUSSION BOARD!
stop being a-holes man seriously
Old 04-15-2003, 03:48 PM

Old 04-15-2003, 04:46 PM

you're right, its a discussion board. you are able to post things up about how cool your GTR badge is and knock the skyline tail light idea and others are able to post up that they don't like your GTR badge and that they like the skyline tail light idea. you cant have it both ways. either flame on someone's idea and be able to take it or don't flame at all.

besides the point, you should also know this board is full of "a-holes." basically get use to it or don't come on here. people are free to express their thoughts about products or YOU if they felt like it.
Old 04-15-2003, 06:22 PM

everyone says that the yellow piece is not removable like the 97-99's, but how is it held in? Is it pressed flat against the outside of the taillight, so that the entire surface is against the taillight? Or is it like the 97-99, where there is a "lip" on the edge (where it touches the outside of the taillight), and the rest of the piece is molded inwards?
It is only held in on the edges with the glue, but the problem is that the red and amber outside is ONE single piece instead of two different pieces of plastic. I tried taking some apart, and all it will do inbetween is shatter the plastic if u try to get them apart. I looked into getting a company to manufacture them for us. To have a mold made it would cost 25,000 dollars . And that is only the mold, which is, in no way, cost reasonable. I tried, but I don't have any ideas. Maybe custommaxima will come out with their's soon .

-payne-
Old 04-15-2003, 06:54 PM

Originally posted by -MaxPayne-

Maybe custommaxima will come out with their's soon .
ur kidding right?
Old 04-15-2003, 11:07 PM

Originally posted by -MaxPayne-

It is only held in on the edges with the glue, but the problem is that the red and amber outside is ONE single piece instead of two different pieces of plastic. I tried taking some apart, and all it will do inbetween is shatter the plastic if u try to get them apart. I looked into getting a company to manufacture them for us. To have a mold made it would cost 25,000 dollars . And that is only the mold, which is, in no way, cost reasonable. I tried, but I don't have any ideas. Maybe custommaxima will come out with their's soon .

-payne-
You said cutting the plastic would shatter it...Well, when you cut the strylene/acryllic for the clear inserts, it shatters unless you use a dremel, or plastic cutting tool. Has anyone tried this? OR maybe heating up an exacto/razor blade, and then using that to cut it? So it sort of melts as it's being cut? Also, if the yellow and red are one piece, then replace the red, too......

besides the point, you should also know this board is full of "a-holes." basically get use to it or don't come on here.
Actually, we're sarcastic obnoxious A-holes. Get it right.

And Supreme_GTR, maybe you should consider leaving the board....first we're a bunch of A-holes, then you start unnecessary name calling:
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=206771
And whenever you post, it's just a bunch of nonsense. So why waste your time? Our mods are stupid, we're a-holes, and all the mods in the world combined can't add up to your mighty GTR badge. We're just not good enough for you.
Old 04-16-2003, 05:53 AM

Originally posted by Smithdogg1

I changed if because of some javascript errors, and some miscellaneous errors or places. SO I had to drop it, if I have some time in the next couple days to fix the scripts, I will put it back just for you
Old 04-16-2003, 06:24 AM

You said cutting the plastic would shatter it...Well, when you cut the strylene/acryllic for the clear inserts, it shatters unless you use a dremel, or plastic cutting tool. Has anyone tried this? OR maybe heating up an exacto/razor blade, and then using that to cut it? So it sort of melts as it's being cut? Also, if the yellow and red are one piece, then replace the red, too......
I tried cutting with an exacto, and believe me that wasn't such a great idea. It shattered often, and is impossible to get a straight, consistant line. Right now i'm using a soldering iron to melt the plastic, and it's leaving a thick edge i'm going to try to sand down. And I am replacing the red AND amber b/c when i broke the amber the red shattered to . I'll work on it again this weekend and post some pictures if they turn out well at all.

-payne-
Old 04-16-2003, 06:45 AM

you need to stop posting everything in caps. i'm sick of looking at it
Old 04-16-2003, 11:47 AM

Re: can someone link me to skylin tail light?

Originally posted by maximagtr420
Can someone who can search link me to the directions for converting altezzas to skyline tail lights please?
how much are you welling pay
there are r33 and r34 headlights and taillights
for about a 900.00 for a pair
plus you have to cut up the car to fit it
it is not a bolt on
sorry