4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

So how much would u spend to change the color of you clock? $10? $30? How about a $1

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2003, 10:54 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by danimsta
but there is a problem...the local hobby shop only had long rolls of celaphane so i had to buy this honker.. now i have nothing to do with it?

anyone wanna buy strips of it for a dollar?????
ill provide pretty big strips?

hmm groupd deal? lol...

im in the same boat, i have a pink and blue roll sitting on my floor. Buy ONE, get ONE free!!!
Old 04-17-2003, 02:35 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

but there is a problem...the local hobby shop only had long rolls of celaphane so i had to buy this honker.. now i have nothing to do with it?

hmm groupd deal? lol...
Use the cellophane on your Easter basket.
Old 04-17-2003, 09:56 AM

hmm groupd deal? lol...

how much is it for a roll? and how did the pink and blue turn out? i guess i'll take a good size piece for a $1. you take paypal?
Old 04-17-2003, 10:40 AM

Originally posted by aznsap

how much is it for a roll?
they are like $1 to $1.50 in the stores
Old 04-17-2003, 12:49 PM

i had to pay like 4 bucks for this roll

but i cant take paypal sorry, i can only acept MO

and trust me, i will give u more then you need...

also, i use two strips to cover the clock and then it turnerd white... then i colored a piece of tape orange and thats what u see
Old 04-17-2003, 01:28 PM
Sports Button FTW

geo, is it possible for u to take a before and after picture? same with u too Mad Dhan.

So what exactly do we need to buy to make this blue? i may have missed this...
Old 04-17-2003, 01:32 PM
vicodin ... gift of life

Originally posted by meccanoble
geo, is it possible for u to take a before and after picture? same with u too Mad Dhan.

it isn't necessary for a before / after pic. They've explained it all already... just go do it
Old 04-17-2003, 01:53 PM

hey sprint max I noticed that you couldnt close your top panel flush with your climate control panel. Mine doesnt that a little bit too and I think its cause a little nub that is suppose to hook in a hole broke off but I'm not to sure. Do you know what it does that or does anyone else.?

Max99
Old 04-17-2003, 01:56 PM

Originally posted by meccanoble

Before

After

im going to play with it alittle more when it gets nice again to try and get a more of a navy blue as to the aqua blue i got. I think ill just double up on the paper and see what hapens
Old 04-18-2003, 10:18 AM

???
Ok i went out and got red cellophane from walmart and when i took the peice and put it over the lcd and but it all back together it came out red did i buy to dark of a red cellophane????
Old 04-18-2003, 11:33 AM

Originally posted by max99
hey sprint max I noticed that you couldnt close your top panel flush with your climate control panel. Mine doesnt that a little bit too and I think its cause a little nub that is suppose to hook in a hole broke off but I'm not to sure. Do you know what it does that or does anyone else.?
I have the same problem. I can't get those little hooks to clip back into the climate unit. Does anyone have any good tips on getting those to line up easily? I tried everything I could think of, but I never got them to go on. They look like a little C hanging down from the Clock unit, and there's little plastic anchors that these clips go through to keep it flush.

Thanks for any help, I'm getting pretty tired of my dash looking funky (and my wife's been complaining also).
Old 04-18-2003, 12:10 PM
I aim to misbehave.

Originally posted by jamier2

I have the same problem. I can't get those little hooks to clip back into the climate unit. Does anyone have any good tips on getting those to line up easily? I tried everything I could think of, but I never got them to go on. They look like a little C hanging down from the Clock unit, and there's little plastic anchors that these clips go through to keep it flush.

Thanks for any help, I'm getting pretty tired of my dash looking funky (and my wife's been complaining also).

I have taken this dash piece off many times and never had a problem. I think the trick is to make sure you push the vent/clock assembly straight toward the front of the car, and not try to hook it into anything first. It's kind of hard to describe, but I just made sure my little black plastic tabs lined up with the holes on the bottom, then pushed in. Works every time. I'll try to take some pics if I can get a hold of a digicam this weekend.

Doug
Old 04-18-2003, 01:37 PM

Originally posted by Speebs

I have taken this dash piece off many times and never had a problem. I think the trick is to make sure you push the vent/clock assembly straight toward the front of the car, and not try to hook it into anything first. It's kind of hard to describe, but I just made sure my little black plastic tabs lined up with the holes on the bottom, then pushed in. Works every time. I'll try to take some pics if I can get a hold of a digicam this weekend.

Doug
I'd like to see the pics, and see if you're doing something I'm not. I tried pushing it in straight, tilted up, tilted down, just about everything. My only idea since I tried last is to take out the two screws in the bottom of the radio unit so I can tilt it up so maybe these clips will line up.
Old 04-18-2003, 01:46 PM

Cellophane Sale

cellophane only cost me 49 cents at party city. I think i will try purple to make it blue.
Old 04-18-2003, 04:36 PM

i went in today to see if i can make it alittle more of a navy blue to match the LED's i have in there. for the clock i used 2 pink and 3 blue and it came out great. for referance the ACC right now has 1 pink and 1 blue and i will be adding the extra leyers to match the clock.

Old 04-18-2003, 05:00 PM

Originally posted by geo1317
i went in today to see if i can make it alittle more of a navy blue to match the LED's i have in there. for the clock i used 2 pink and 3 blue and it came out great. for referance the ACC right now has 1 pink and 1 blue and i will be adding the extra leyers to match the clock.

looks great
Old 04-18-2003, 05:22 PM

i couldnt open up my AC...

anyone got any tips?
i belive mine is manual?

(the non electronic one )

but my clock looks awesome!
Old 04-18-2003, 05:59 PM

So I would need just 1 strip of red to make my clock red? Whoever said they had theres red, how did you do yours?

Also, anyone know how to 'take apart' the manual HVAC unit, my **** light and air selection lights are out, but I couldent figure out how to disassemble the unit.

Thanks, Maxtank
Old 04-18-2003, 06:19 PM
silver99

Originally posted by SprintMax
contacts
Holy smokes dude id be embarrased to post that pic.

Old 04-22-2003, 01:32 PM

Re: So how much would u spend to change the color of you clock? $10? $30? How about a $1

so if i want blue or light blue all i have to do is go through that same process and use red/magenta paper? awesome idea bytheway
Old 04-22-2003, 04:49 PM

Re: Re: So how much would u spend to change the color of you clock? $10? $30? How about a $1

Originally posted by dantemaxx
so if i want blue or light blue all i have to do is go through that same process and use red/magenta paper? awesome idea bytheway
just get blue cellophane and follow my steps, it really isnt that hard, just do it
Old 04-22-2003, 04:51 PM

i used two sheets of red cellaphane... that made it the white that i wanted to see... then i wanted my clock orange, so i just painted a piece of tape orange and stuck it on there and bingo.. ORANGE CLOCK! wee ! lol

again thanks mad dhan...

u dont happen to know how to change the lights in the ac and climate control and stuff?
mine is the non digital(i belive its manual?)
Old 04-22-2003, 04:57 PM

i used two sheets of red cellaphane... that made it the white that i wanted to see... then i wanted my clock orange, so i just painted a piece of tape orange and stuck it on there and bingo.. ORANGE CLOCK! wee ! lol

again thanks mad dhan...

u dont happen to know how to change the lights in the ac and climate control and stuff?
mine is the non digital(i belive its manual?)
its pretty easy, just take it apart screw by screw and plastic clips. there are two bulbs in there with blue condoms on there. just take them off and make them orage the same way u did the clock.
Old 04-22-2003, 05:05 PM

two 194 bulbs?
ok cool ill have to buy two more

i tried takin it off but it just didnt wanna come off?
it seemed the front button were restricting me from takin it off, but ill try again thanks
Old 04-22-2003, 05:14 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

GREAT IDEA and write up
Old 04-22-2003, 05:48 PM

Re: So how much would u spend to change the color of you clock? $10? $30? How about a $1

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mad Dhan
[B]I am sort of a perfectionist when it comes to my car, and little things like the clock not matching the rest of my interior illumination really annoy me. Anyway, I decided to do something about it.

Here is just the background of my thought process. If you don’t care how this came to be u can skip to the write-up part of this post:

At first I thought the best way to go about this was to get a clock that illuminated white and just wire it up. I wanted to get a white clock because I knew from there I could change it to any color I wanted. I found that newer Lexus models had a white clock but to obtain one was no party. The ones I found were either too expensive or the wrong color. So I put this idea on the back-burner knowing that if I wanted this to happen I couldn’t rely on finding used parts.

Couple weeks went by; no new ideas came to me until two weekends ago when I was studying for midterms. Usually when I study I listen to music on my hi-fi unit. I noticed my cd player had a nice white illumination to it, so I said what the hey, lets take it apart and see if I can find anything. I did. It turns out the cd player had a different color illumination to it when I took off the cover, similar to that of the oem maxima clock. It was the cover that made it appear white on the outside. It was now obvious what I need to do; replicate the cover, and so I did. I can go on about i figured out how to produce a cover, but now i feel like playing some moto gp, so i wont.. Anyway, end result:

Maxima drivers/lovers across the U.S. - Let's all take a minute or two to show some respect and admiration to Mad Dhan... Just another maxima enthusiasts contributing to the ongoing modifications we all love doing. Sure we get ****ed during our mods, sure we sometimes break stuff in the process, but in the end things turn out o.k. Mad Dhan, youre the man dude - my whole max (95 Black SE) is blue - from my gauges, door lights, window switches to my ground effects and head unit. One problem had plagued me for years - my ****ty green clock light, which offsets all the color in my car. The same effect would occur time after time when girls and buddies got in..."too bad your clocks green"...or "awesome lights man, its a shame the clock doesnt blend. That'd be tight."
But, now, April 22nd of the year 2003, I am the man. My clock has become blue, and matches his interior/exterior brothers and sisters. This may seem corny to some, but go ahead laugh - I'm just obsessed with my car and all maximas. I'm proud to represent.
Anyways brothers - props to Mad Dhan, you are the man. Let's all take some time out to think about the fact that we drive maximas. And theres no car on the road like them. We run the streets.
Peace,
Dante
Old 04-22-2003, 05:56 PM

Re: Re: So how much would u spend to change the color of you clock? $10? $30? How abo

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dantemaxx

Maxima drivers/lovers across the U.S. - Let's all take a minute or two to show some respect and admiration to Mad Dhan... Just another maxima enthusiasts contributing to the ongoing modifications we all love doing. Sure we get ****ed during our mods, sure we sometimes break stuff in the process, but in the end things turn out o.k. Mad Dhan, youre the man dude - my whole max (95 Black SE) is blue - from my gauges, door lights, window switches to my ground effects and head unit. One problem had plagued me for years - my ****ty green clock light, which offsets all the color in my car. The same effect would occur time after time when girls and buddies got in..."too bad your clocks green"...or "awesome lights man, its a shame the clock doesnt blend. That'd be tight."
But, now, April 22nd of the year 2003, I am the man. My clock has become blue, and matches his interior/exterior brothers and sisters. This may seem corny to some, but go ahead laugh - I'm just obsessed with my car and all maximas. I'm proud to represent.
Anyways brothers - props to Mad Dhan, you are the man. Let's all take some time out to think about the fact that we drive maximas. And theres no car on the road like them. We run the streets.
Peace,
Dante

just change every time he siad BLUE in that paragrpah with ORANGE.. and thats my exact same story
Old 04-22-2003, 08:12 PM
be the change u want2C

Originally posted by Mad Dhan
I am sort of a perfectionist when it comes to my car, and little

Have fun.
My clock is really bright, its the same color as everything else, The only thing i dont like about is that when I turn my Lights on the clock goes blind in day time!
Old 04-22-2003, 08:14 PM

cut teh red wire with blue tracer and bingo!
no more problem!
Old 04-22-2003, 09:44 PM
Custom User Title...

hmmph....it didn't really work for me. maybe the cellophane i used was too light cuz i found this darker pink(no flames!) in my house and used two pieces. i think it maybe lightened it ever so little but nothing like i had expected. really easy to take apart though so maybe i'll give it another shot this weekend.
Old 04-22-2003, 09:46 PM
I aim to misbehave.

two 194 bulbs?
ok cool ill have to buy two more

i tried takin it off but it just didnt wanna come off?
it seemed the front button were restricting me from takin it off, but ill try again thanks
They are not 194 bulbs. The bulbs that illuminate the buttons are tiny 12V incandescent bulbs that you can replace with bulbs from Radio Shack for <$2. The lights under the buttons are rectangular LEDs, which you'd have to order online.

Doug
Old 04-22-2003, 10:32 PM

Re: Re: So how much would u spend to change the color of you clock? $10? $30? How about a $1

Originally posted by dantemaxx

Peace,
Dante
Thanks alot
Old 04-22-2003, 10:33 PM

well damn.. so they are leds?
ehh i dont wanna mess with it..
o well, ill live though lol

thanks man
Old 04-22-2003, 10:59 PM
I H8 COPS

$1 is way too much man! I'd rather buy a pack of Bubblicious!

Old 04-22-2003, 11:00 PM

lol trust me... u would get a HUGE peice...
i mean u could do like 45 other maximas(exageration) lol
Old 04-24-2003, 10:17 PM
I aim to misbehave.

not to beat a dead horse, but...

THANK YOU, DUDE.

Old 04-25-2003, 08:00 AM

Re: not to beat a dead horse, but...

Originally posted by Speebs
THANK YOU, DUDE.

damn that looks good. what colors/layers did you use? did you do the bright clock mod?
Old 04-25-2003, 08:56 AM

Originally posted by Mad Dhan

yes it would, just follow the same steps when u take apart ur acc
so in order to change the color you put red paper, then whatever color? would leaving just red make it red?
Old 04-25-2003, 05:10 PM

awsome! i am gonna do this as soon as i get my new 01 max! your freaking briliant! mad props! moderators should make this a sticky. thanks for the info!

Chris
Old 04-25-2003, 05:55 PM

Just got mine done, 3 red strips, looks awsome...got a whole roll at micheals (craft store) for 3,60...looked at wal-mart, dollar store, then there

Thanks for the sweet idea

Quick Reply: So how much would u spend to change the color of you clock? $10? $30? How about a $1