4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Whats the best ride?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2003, 09:25 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Whats the best ride?

In your opinion, what do you guys think the best combo of springs and shocks and struts is for the best ride?..... one recent post was saying H&R springs with Tokico shocks up front and KYB Gr-2's in the rear?.....I want the best ride for my car but dont kno that much about all the details....just know the basics...Learning my way...thanx to all you guys....What do u guys thnk about coilovers?
Old 04-16-2003, 10:00 PM
rmb

Re: Whats the best ride?

Originally posted by MADjr02
In your opinion, what do you guys think the best combo of springs and shocks and struts is for the best ride?..... one recent post was saying H&R springs with Tokico shocks up front and KYB Gr-2's in the rear?.....I want the best ride for my car but dont kno that much about all the details....just know the basics...Learning my way...thanx to all you guys....What do u guys thnk about coilovers?
How about stock....? If you just want a cushy ride stock is the way to go.....

-RMB
Old 04-17-2003, 12:01 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Re: Whats the best ride?

Originally posted by MADjr02
I want to drop my car once i get my kit and rims......the stock suspension will not be able to hold the drop for long. Im not doing this this minute but prob within the next two or three months.....im ordering my kit within the next week.
Old 04-17-2003, 05:19 PM

rmd does have a good point. Technically a "soft ride" would allow for your car to absorb bumps and jolts, but with your car that low to the ground, all it would do is absorb it and let your car bottom out on the cement.

Lowering comes with a price, and that price is a rougher ride. H&Rs are soft.... compared to other lowering springs, but it sure ain't no cadilac. Coilovers are generally way harsher.

Everyone likes the look, but not everyone wants the rougher ride, it's your decision. Personally I lowered mine for improved handling. I ended up with the "all go and no show" Eibach spring and the "harshest" koni shocks. But that's just my flavor.

Another good thread:
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=205178
Old 04-17-2003, 06:32 PM

I have to say my Progress/Agx combo set at 2/3 is damn near stock. Its not at all bouncy that everything has broken in, and the ride is smooth as silk down the road. I do notice a little more harshness over sharper bumps and such, but it is nothing to complain about. The handling is MUCH improved over stock, the car LOOKS better as it is lower (about 3 finger gap all around), couple that with the near stock like ride......and I am one happy camper! BTW, its a nice even drop too for a 5spd with system in the back. Pics on my homepage.