4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Interior lights busted...............please help

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 01:19 PM

Interior lights busted...............please help

My interior lights (both overhead dome lights and, both door lights) stopped workin for some reason? The lights in my sun visors work, my gauges work, and all ac/radio lights work. I checked the underdash fuse box, and the engine bay fuse box but they all still look ok????? The Nissan dealership wants $140 for a diagnostic plus more to fix it.......... Thanks in advance for any help!
Old 04-24-2003, 01:25 PM

Re: Interior lights busted...............please help

Originally posted by ohannon7
My interior lights (both overhead dome lights and, both door lights) stopped workin for some reason? The lights in my sun visors work, my gauges work, and all ac/radio lights work. I checked the underdash fuse box, and the engine bay fuse box but they all still look ok????? The Nissan dealership wants $140 for a diagnostic plus more to fix it.......... Thanks in advance for any help!
I blew out my driver's door light by removing the bulb with a screwdriver. I think I fried the line or something by touching the contacts...

This may be similar to your problem. For now I just live with it until I get around to it...
Old 04-24-2003, 01:29 PM
Most Perverted Member of the SE-L Club

Re: Interior lights busted...............please help

Okay, if you're reffering to the courtesy lights in the door, and the main overhead light, i have an idea on why they won't work: Do you just notice them not working when you open the door? If so, check your door switch. It's little rubber piece on the lower right hand side of the door jamb. My driver's door switch is busted, so when you open the door, the car remains dark. Then again, that would reallyonly explain the courtesy lights......i dunno, just a thought.

Plus, your dealership is screwing you over. It costs $50-$65/hour for labor. How they can give you a predetermined price on how long it's going to take to find the problem is BS. If they don't know what theproblem is, then they don't know how long it's going to take to find, and they don't know how much it will cost. Tell them to **** off. Now.
Old 04-24-2003, 01:31 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Yeah i shorted out my door light too. It really is a pain.
Old 04-24-2003, 01:32 PM

Originally posted by 96BLUMAX
Yeah i shorted out my door light too. It really is a pain.
Yes, quite annoying!

Did you fix it?
Old 04-24-2003, 01:38 PM

I dont think i shorted anything? The lights remain off if the passanger, or back doors are opened, and if i have all dors closed i cant even turn on the dome lights......and it gets dark at night
Old 04-24-2003, 01:39 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

u tried just buyin new bulbs to see if thatll fix it?
Old 04-24-2003, 01:47 PM

Originally posted by danimsta
u tried just buyin new bulbs to see if thatll fix it?

Yea i put 1 of the factory bulbs back in the door, i dont know maybe its like those x-mas lights and none of them will work if one goes out?
Old 04-24-2003, 01:55 PM

Yea i put 1 of the factory bulbs back in the door, i dont know maybe its like those x-mas lights and none of them will work if one goes out?
Nah, one would work if it was the bulbs that blew. Something shorted