4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

What comes with the JWT pop charger kit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 06:16 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

What comes with the JWT pop charger kit?

I just bought this used, and I just want to make sure that I am not missing any parts. I got the filter, the little silver "leash" the shiny mounting plate (looks like a big ninja star with the 4 bolt holes), the little arm to secure the cone to the fender, etc. Are there any other parts that come with it or is that all?

Install questions:

1) There was a little tiny resistor look-alike sensor that screwed into the bottom of the airbox with 2 little phillips head screws. There seems to be no home for it anymore. Can it just dangle there?

2) The arm that comes along with the kit to secure the cone, does not seem to be able to bolt onto any existing hole in the area. Did you guys end up drilling a new hole for it? If not, where does each end of that arm go?

3) The 4 bolts that hold the cone to the existing plastic hose where the MAF is, seems to be too long. What length bolts should I replace them with?

Thanks for any help! I have done the install but it is sort of half-assed... hope someone can assist me here.
Old 04-30-2003, 06:21 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: What comes with the JWT pop charger kit?

It sounds like you have all the parts. The ninja star should actually look like a aluminum donut. Is that what you have? Should be, filter, donut, mounting bracket. I didn't have to drill anything to mount the mounting bracket. It fit in a hole that was there. As for the screws, I don't remember if the kit came with screws. Someone else will have to answer that one.

ZuM

Originally posted by speedemn
I just bought this used, and I just want to make sure that I am not missing any parts. I got the filter, the little silver "leash" the shiny mounting plate (looks like a big ninja star with the 4 bolt holes), the little arm to secure the cone to the fender, etc. Are there any other parts that come with it or is that all?

Install questions:

1) There was a little tiny resistor look-alike sensor that screwed into the bottom of the airbox with 2 little phillips head screws. There seems to be no home for it anymore. Can it just dangle there?

2) The arm that comes along with the kit to secure the cone, does not seem to be able to bolt onto any existing hole in the area. Did you guys end up drilling a new hole for it? If not, where does each end of that arm go?

3) The 4 bolts that hold the cone to the existing plastic hose where the MAF is, seems to be too long. What length bolts should I replace them with?

Thanks for any help! I have done the install but it is sort of half-assed... hope someone can assist me here.
Old 05-01-2003, 11:58 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Okay looks like I do have all the right major parts. But I have two problems.

1) The 4 existing bolts for the MAF sensor seems too long and the filter adapeter is not tightly bolted to the MAF sensor. Did you guys get additional screws. What size do I need?

2) The supporting arm that comes with the filter, looks like it should go from the bottom left bolt to the base of where the stock airbox bolted into the body of the car... however it seems about 2" too short to reach those 2 endpoints. Did anyone else experience the same problem or am I using the wrong holes?

Hope someone can help me out here.