4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

how do I rewire my turn signals?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2001, 11:41 AM

I want to know how to rewire my turn signals up front so that they alternate blinking, or even both blink at the same time because the ones on the side don't blink with the turn signal. For example: when I turn on the right turn signal I want the front right to blink, then the right side to blink, then repeat. I thought I saw directions how to do this once but couldn't find it when I searched. If anyone has done this please help me out. Thanks
Old 01-22-2001, 11:45 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

ok, I know everyone will just tell you to search for it, But I'll explain it real quick. Cut the negative (black) wire to your side marker. Splice the end still attached to the side marker to the positive (not black) wire on the blinker. That's it. This will make them both blink at the same time when the headlights are off and they will alternate when the headlights are on. I could explain how this works, but just accept it.
Old 01-22-2001, 12:25 PM

Originally posted by jaxima
I want to know how to rewire my turn signals up front so that they alternate blinking, or even both blink at the same time because the ones on the side don't blink with the turn signal. For example: when I turn on the right turn signal I want the front right to blink, then the right side to blink, then repeat. I thought I saw directions how to do this once but couldn't find it when I searched. If anyone has done this please help me out. Thanks
Let me tell him! find the SEARCH option and look for it! This has been covered on maxima.org like 100 times! (See my link below, its there too!)

Jack
Old 01-22-2001, 04:53 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Here's a post:

https://maxima.org/forums/showthread...?threadid=6940
Old 02-02-2001, 01:32 PM

Originally posted by mzmtg
ok, I know everyone will just tell you to search for it, But I'll explain it real quick. Cut the negative (black) wire to your side marker. Splice the end still attached to the side marker to the positive (not black) wire on the blinker. That's it. This will make them both blink at the same time when the headlights are off and they will alternate when the headlights are on. I could explain how this works, but just accept it.
I'm bringing this post back because i plan to do this soon.

So is the above quote all there is to it? The negitive wire that was going to the side marker is just hanging there not attached to anything (because the side marker is now attached to the positive of the turn signal)?
Old 02-02-2001, 01:38 PM

I'm bringing this post back because i plan to do this soon.

So is the above quote all there is to it? The negitive wire that was going to the side marker is just hanging there not attached to anything (because the side marker is now attached to the positive of the turn signal)?
Yup! thats it! It works great! Just make sure to use the right wire. The link in my .sig explains it all clearly.

Jack