4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

to make blinkers stay on with headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2001, 07:35 PM
1maxTaDie4

does anyone have information on how to rewire blinkers so they come on with headlights, and blink when i signal...i know the writeup on how to make sidemarkers blink with turnsignal, but i want the blinkers to stay on and not just come with when i signal...get what i'm saying...and it would be better i you guys can give me info how to make sidemakers blink, as well as keep blinkers on.

Old 02-02-2001, 09:18 AM

My theory

I want to do the same thing. My idea is to switch the wires. Run the blinker wires to the sidemarker, and run the sidemarker wires to the front signal. Then simply rewire them them. Cut the ground going to the front and connect it to the power wire going into the side.

This rewire should simply make the front light(turn signal) stay on with the headlights. However the sidemarker will not stay on, but will only bink when you signal.

When headlight are off they both blink
and when the headlights are on they will alternate.

I HAVE NOT TRIED THIS YET... I JUST THOUGHT OF IT A FEW DAYS AGO. I don't know if it will work...but I will be trying it tomorrow. I'll let you know if it works.
Old 02-02-2001, 01:57 PM

Originally posted by 1maxTaDie4
does anyone have information on how to rewire blinkers so they come on with headlights, and blink when i signal...i know the writeup on how to make sidemarkers blink with turnsignal, but i want the blinkers to stay on and not just come with when i signal...get what i'm saying...and it would be better i you guys can give me info how to make sidemakers blink, as well as keep blinkers on.
We have covered this a few times here on Maxima.org

What you are asking for is to make the front turn signals act like an american car and be dim with park or head lites, and then blink brighter to signal turns, right? If so, you'll have to REPLACE your single element sockets and replace em with a DUAL element socket and add a wire for parking lights.

Its all here on this site:
http://<br /> <a href="http://maxim....htm</a><br />

Jack

[Edited by JacksMax on 02-02-2001 at 04:00 PM]