4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Securing Sub Box, and Amp?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2001, 08:02 AM

Posting here due to more traffic. I have 2 old *** Rockford Fosgate (series I) 10"s in an MTX ported enclosure, and I want to secure the box to the trunk. However my spare tire cover is warped. I was wondering if anyone out there has installed a replacement spare tire cover to replace that weak crap that comes factory. What did you use and what were the dimensions? I was thinking of using 1/4" plexi glass for a custom appearance. You know with neons and stuff. Placing gray carpeted plywood over the tire to hide it. Then having my amp under the plexi glass. Of course I'm going to drill ventilation holes so my amp can suck in some air to stay cool. Or maybe just doing a square cutout and have my amp sit with the plexi glass flush with the top. Does this sound like a feasible idea or should I try something else? Oh yeah, one more thing. I'm planning on replacing my worn out subs. I have a Kenwood Excelon KAC-PS201t Amp. Right now I'm running it 2 channel 75x2. I get plenty of bump for that amount of wattage. What subs would you recommend getting?
Old 01-27-2001, 06:05 PM

Well for that spare tire cover.. IT SUCKS!!
I went to Home Dripo and bought a sheet of pile wood a quarter inch thick or you can get the half inch which ever you prefer . Then I took the old tire cover and just drew a outline on the wood and cut away .. It came out good for me.
Also on your subs you want to try a ceiled box, Fosgates hit harded in them then a ported box or a virtual technology box. The VT boxes are heavy but they give out the best sound possible.. I have 2 Fosgate DVC Power series in a ceiled box w/ a 800 watt amp and I dynoed the trunk out also to keep from that ghetto vibrating sound..They sound hella good im doing 169 desibles (how ever you spell it) ... The only thing I hate about the my Maxima trunk is the little hump in the rear.. my box is in a angle do to that.
That flexi glass idea your talking about sounds like a good one. Should turn out to be cool.. Post up some pics when you finish it