4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Intake/exhaust changes

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 03:27 PM

Intake/exhaust changes

Right now I'm running a Stillen intake and muffler. B4 you all jump in I bought them years ago when they were really the only people makin stuff for Max's.

Anyway, I like the way the car drives, but I want more power. I'm really at the peak of how much noise I can take though (it does sound good at WOT). I was thinking of getting a Frankencar mid-pipe. Can I use this with the Stillen filter? Also thinking of getting a Budget y-pipe and putting my stock muffler back on. Any thoughts?
Old 06-03-2003, 04:02 PM

intake w/ midpipe, ypipe, bpipe, stock muffler... thats what i have and i like it alot
Old 06-03-2003, 04:11 PM

Re: Intake/exhaust changes

Originally posted by Galager
Right now I'm running a Stillen intake and muffler. B4 you all jump in I bought them years ago when they were really the only people makin stuff for Max's.

Anyway, I like the way the car drives, but I want more power. I'm really at the peak of how much noise I can take though (it does sound good at WOT). I was thinking of getting a Frankencar mid-pipe. Can I use this with the Stillen filter? Also thinking of getting a Budget y-pipe and putting my stock muffler back on. Any thoughts?
The stillen is the loudest muffler in existance for the maxima, I can imagine you couldn't take any more noise. And yes, all those ideas are good, for even more ideas:
http://drewm.dyndns.org/~drew/maxfaq...imaPerformance
Old 06-03-2003, 05:13 PM

Well here is my opinion. I have a stillen intake w/ mid pipe (top part of a CAI, but the same thing as frankencar anyways)budget y pipe and b pipe w/ magnaflow resonator and a stillen muffler. It's loud to say the least, but not too much for me. The stock muffler will keep everything quiet for the most part, but it's a waste of money if you spent all that for the stillen. It's all a personal preference, my car isnt too loud for me but you probably think it's ridiculous. So yes the franken car will fit fine, it will make a slight amount of added noise thought, but nothing much. If you have any ?'s just pm me.

Justin
Old 06-03-2003, 08:29 PM

Its really not too loud for me, it's the girl. But you gotta pick your battles, right? I like the way it sounds except when I'm cruising between 2 - 3K, which is unfortunately where I spend a lot of time, when the pedal is not on the floor.
Old 06-03-2003, 08:31 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

its not the girls car :P do what u want, im sure its not as loud as some of the damn hondas around here!