4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Installed Cross/dimple Rotors And Ebc Pads Brakes Sqeek Alot!! Going Crazy Ahhhhhh

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 07:20 PM

Installed Cross/dimple Rotors And Ebc Pads Brakes Sqeek Alot!! Going Crazy Ahhhhhh

HELLO ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO I PUT ON ALL 4 SIDES BREMBO SLOTTED/DIMPLED ROTORS AND EBC GREENS UP FRONT, AND RAYSBESTOS PAD IN THE BACK AND I definetly noticed some extra bite power but the brakes sqeek is a bit excessive I have installed everthing right as far as I know (I've done a ton of break jobs) pads did not have shims, and I did not use anti-sqeel compound only some grease on the guides -please help in you have any suggestions
Old 06-03-2003, 07:31 PM
rmb

Re: Installed Cross/dimple Rotors And Ebc Pads Brakes Sqeek Alot!! Going Crazy Ahhhhhh

Originally posted by maximalnemisis
HELLO ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO I PUT ON ALL 4 SIDES BREMBO SLOTTED/DIMPLED ROTORS AND EBC GREENS UP FRONT, AND RAYSBESTOS PAD IN THE BACK AND I definetly noticed some extra bite power but the brakes sqeek is a bit excessive I have installed everthing right as far as I know (I've done a ton of break jobs) pads did not have shims, and I did not use anti-sqeel compound only some grease on the guides -please help in you have any suggestions
Light squeeking/squeeling or grinding? If just annoying noise then try shims with something like Permatex disc-quiet spray (that icky blue stuff). I didn't have that brake combo but I have tried numerous aftermarket super-pads before I went back to OEM. I found the aftermarket stuff to generally grab a little better but often to be very noisy, or generating too much dust, or really scouring the rotors, sometimes all three.....

Also it's very important to bed the pads in correctly.... Ride the brakes or a couple really hard panic stops when they're new and they're as good as garbage....

-RMB
Old 06-03-2003, 07:43 PM

yeah the bedding in period is usually around 200 mi I made sure too take it easy for at least the first 400... they are bedded correctly I can tell ....they grab better than stock I can notice the difference. where do you apply the disc spray too???? the back of the pads ???? also the instructions on all the pads said too specifically not too use shims???? also I only turned the caliper piston back as far as it took too seat the pads without any pressure so that the wheel would spin freely should I have turned the piston back all the way????thanx for your reply