4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Skyline Body Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 09:41 PM

Skyline Body Kit

WHO'S HAD PROBLEMS WITH THEIR SKYLINE BODYKIT INSTALL? ANY ONE HAD FITMENT ISSUES? MY BODY SHOP IS TELLING ME THAT ITS NOT GOING TO BE A GOOD FIT. SMALL GAPS ON THE SIDE SKIRTS, AND THEY STILL HAVE NOT TRY OUT THE BUMPERS. A BIGGER HEADACHE THEN EXPECTED. ANY HELP OR SUGGESTION.
Old 06-04-2003, 09:42 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Skyline Body Kit

Originally posted by BLINGBLING
ANY HELP OR SUGGESTION.

yeah, take off the damn caps...

Eric
Old 06-04-2003, 09:50 PM

^ heheh.. heh...

have the body shop mold it on maybe?
Old 06-05-2003, 12:05 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

i had the sameproblem.gaps on sideskirts and bumpers.i have a good autobody repair guy so he is gonna handle all that but i haven't put them on yet so i cant say how the end result is.
Old 06-05-2003, 12:29 AM

its not worth it man. If u get the urethane from wickedbodykits

its perfect i guess.. Plus its cheaper. What the h elll. Im stuck with a fiberglass kit that doesnt even fit!

I think greg should give is a urethane kit for all the headaches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

u have to get it molded otherwise it wont fit right or at all. The skyline kits were made with....from bums,, from dumb r etards who cant measure how the stock bumper looks like..

dgpfx
Old 06-05-2003, 05:17 AM
Jedi Knight

Originally posted by dgpfx
its not worth it man. If u get the urethane from wickedbodykits

I think greg should give is a urethane kit for all the headaches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dgpfx
good luck...thats why I decided to not go with bumper replacement kits...just a lip type kit for me...
Old 06-05-2003, 07:10 AM

God knows i did very desapointed I have a 95 max deffenatly the front one gaps every where I had to take out the aluminum bumper out on front the rear on the right side it seams it was longer side skirts I
think one is longer never mind the you have to extend the muffler about 6inches depending on the muffler you may have ;So yeah I did have fitment problems..I would include pictures but too imbarest to show ...

Old 06-05-2003, 07:49 AM

http://www.cardomain.com/id/swafford98

check out cardomain page to see my problems that i had. I dont understand why people still elect to purchase $hit like this. But i guess as long as people continue to buy it then nothing will be done to change the quality of the product.
Old 06-05-2003, 10:42 AM

Originally posted by Swafford98
http://www.cardomain.com/id/swafford98

check out cardomain page to see my problems that i had. I dont understand why people still elect to purchase $hit like this. But i guess as long as people continue to buy it then nothing will be done to change the quality of the product.
are you sure that you car cause dam my is just like that but ofcorse I had to get the phase II fender with it too so nothing matches eather.....let me guess if you haven't yet put your rear bumper you'll be even more frustreited like i was the right side does not fit well either but I guess in the end will laught about it and will say damn my car looks good!!!
Old 06-05-2003, 03:27 PM
Redlinemax Owner

ok, wow this is kind of funny. When i got my new bumper from greg, I went to put the bumper on my self with friends and we had some problems gitting the bumper to fit. The problems we had however was that the bumper was so "tight", almost a perfect fit, that there was no room for give when trying to get the bumper put on. We almost gave up and sent the kit to the body shop. After a little maneuvering, we got the kit on. The fit on my car is actually perfect. One of the issues probably is that each kit is hand-made.

And, No I'm not on custommaximas side because i'm the sponsored car, I''m just stating my facts.
Old 06-06-2003, 03:17 PM

HERE IS THE END RESULT,FOR ANYONE LOOKING TO PURCHASE THIS SKYLINE BODY KIT. BE AWARE THAT IT IS NOT 100%PERCENT FITMENT,ALSO IT WILL TAKE MAJOR MODIFICATION. THIS HAS TURN OUT TO BE THE BIGGEST NIGHTMARE. CUSTOMMAXIMA WAS NO HELP AT ALL, THEY TOLD ME $200.00 FOR RESTOCKING FEE AND NOT INCLUDING SHIPPING FOR $125.00. CAN IT GET ANY BETTER?? SEND BACK AND BE OUT ALMOST $400.00 PLUS BODY LABOR THAT I STILL HAVE TO PAY. ONE THINK FOR SURE I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM CUSTOMMAXIMA, AT ALL. AND WILL NEVER REFER A CUSTOMER. THERE GOES ALL MY PLANS TO MAY THIS A SHOW CAR. WILL LET EVERYONE KNOW WHAT THE END RESULT. VERY UPSET, NOT TO MENTION THAT I COULD HAVE BOUGHT THIS FOR $599.00, IF I WOULD HAVE LOOKED UNDER MAXIMA.ORG BUYERS BEWARE THATS ALL.