4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

In serious need of some help!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 10:58 PM
Maxima95Tuner

In serious need of some help!!

Ok, I have altezzas on my car. With the altezzas, the turn signal is the outside round light. I got tired of that, so I rewired it so that the spot where the strobe is supposed to go is the new turn signal. Well, we did that, and used smaller bulbs to make it a hyper blinker style.

Then, my battery died. I saw this coming, cuz it's the third time it's done it in a week. So then, I get a new battery. My friend went to hook it up for me, and as he is screwing the positive in, he touched my K&N cone filter on the metal part with a ratchet, and sparked it alot.

Now, all of a sudden, my parking lights and clearance lights wont come on, and neither will my tail lamps. When I turn on the headlights, the tail lights do nothing, but if I step on the brake, the brake lights come on. So then, as Im driving home tonight, Im sitting at a red light with my turn signal on, and all of a sudden, it starts blinking all slow, then popped, and stopped blinking. Now I have no turn signals or clearance or parking lights. Luckily my headlights still work, but Im really worried.

I checked every fuse under the dash, and all of the ones under the hood. None of them were blown. Im going to change my wiring back to the stock wiring tomorrow, and hope that fixes it.

Does anyone know what it could be? Could the sparking of the battery cause the electrical system to short out? Is this a hard thing to fix? PLEASE TELL ME SOMETHING GOOD, I HAVE NO MONEY AND NEED TIRES TOO!!!

Thanks.