4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

E-Bay CAI intall problem......please help.

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 07:57 AM

E-Bay CAI intall problem......please help.

Hey guys i got the procarparts e-bay cold air intake kit. I did not feel like drilling the max at the moment so i opted to just install the midpipe since i have another cone already in the max. Well i need to know if one of the hubs has to clamp on to the tb, because my battery is in the way and there is no bends in the midpipe.....so how can i get a sealed straight pipe to the cone? I previously talked to someone about the procarparts intake and they said they had no problem installing the midpipe alone....
I Just found the site....but i have a much larger air filter...
will i need to relocate the battery to make it fit or what?
THANX
Old 08-09-2003, 11:51 AM

Why don't you just use the filter they give you in the meantime while you use it as a hybrid...it doesn't look like you have much of a choice until you install the downpipe.
Old 08-09-2003, 01:04 PM

Originally posted by Ludacris
Why don't you just use the filter they give you in the meantime while you use it as a hybrid...it doesn't look like you have much of a choice until you install the downpipe.
I already tried that, but even from the start ive had a leak
i dont understand how......Should i use the cone shaped rubber part to attach to the TB or should i use one of the hubs? I need to angle it so it fits beside the battery....
Anyone have a write up on relocating the battery? And no i dont want to put it in my trunk.
Old 08-09-2003, 03:39 PM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

try using the accordian piece from the stock intake on the initial connection from the tb to the pipe, should work
Old 08-09-2003, 04:37 PM

Originally posted by MAXSRB

I already tried that, but even from the start ive had a leak
i dont understand how......Should i use the cone shaped rubber part to attach to the TB or should i use one of the hubs? I need to angle it so it fits beside the battery....
Anyone have a write up on relocating the battery? And no i dont want to put it in my trunk.
The leak is at the connection between where the filter they gave you is connected to the midpipe? I have the same intake as you and haven't had any leak problems try what nismo said.
Old 08-10-2003, 02:11 PM

i got it on with the bigger air filter i have...there is still a small leak tho, i cant seem to find it....the midpipe is at a bit of an angle so the filter could fit beside the battery....the whistle is a bit annoying, ill keep trying to pinpoint the air leak....thanks for the help guys
Old 08-10-2003, 02:27 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Is the proparts MAF adapter plate metal? How good does it fit? Is the hole size very close the the hole size on the MAF?
Old 08-10-2003, 03:41 PM

Originally posted by MAXSRB
i got it on with the bigger air filter i have...there is still a small leak tho, i cant seem to find it....the midpipe is at a bit of an angle so the filter could fit beside the battery....the whistle is a bit annoying, ill keep trying to pinpoint the air leak....thanks for the help guys
the whistle is normal...
Old 08-10-2003, 04:15 PM

whistle is normal, get a extended pipe and make it fit. Did you test fit it prior to drillng the hole? if you did not then that answers your question.
Old 08-10-2003, 09:52 PM

Originally posted by autozonemaxima
whistle is normal, get a extended pipe and make it fit. Did you test fit it prior to drillng the hole? if you did not then that answers your question.
So the turbo spooling sound at part throttle is normal? Ok....i never drilled the hole....i think ill wait till next summer for my stage 3 intake addition...Thanks guys