4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

What kind of deal did I get?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 09:07 PM

What kind of deal did I get?

I just bought a 97 Se 5 speed with leather.It has climate control AC, dual power seats and all the Se features.It is in imaculate original condition. It was a one owner, adult lady nonsmoker no kids.The interior is perfect.I don't think the passenger side and back seat floorboards ever had a foot put on them.If you look real hard you might find a very small scratch or 2 on the body but thats it.The only miles on the new tires were put on them from the tire store to her garage the day before I bought it.It drives flawlessly like a new car.The oil was changed every 3000 miles and she had the records to prove it.The windshield had minor pits in it so she had a new one installed 2 hours before I picked the car up.Everything works perfectly on the car.The only draw back is the mileage is a little higher than I liked, it's 105000.I gave $8000 for it. How did i do?I would have liked to have gotten it in the mid 7's but I think I did Ok.What do you think?
Old 08-19-2003, 09:46 PM

i just bought a 97 SE Automatic White with black leather interior, Bose, Climate Control, Moonroof, Dual Power Seats. Condition was good. Crack in windshield and pretty worn tires but otherwise the car looks just like a 6 year old car should. I paid 7200 for it on EBAY. I didn't want to go more than 7K but it was the exact car that i wanted. oh and i paid too much to get the car trucked over to michigan from north carolina.

basically i think you got a good deal. you definitely were not ripped off although there are other people on this board who may be able to brag about even better deals they got. enjoy your new car, homie.
Old 08-19-2003, 09:49 PM
Boosted?....

Re: What kind of deal did I get?

Originally posted by onegoode
I just bought a 97 Se 5 speed with leather.It has climate control AC, dual power seats and all the Se features.It is in imaculate original condition. It was a one owner, adult lady nonsmoker no kids.The interior is perfect.I don't think the passenger side and back seat floorboards ever had a foot put on them.If you look real hard you might find a very small scratch or 2 on the body but thats it.The only miles on the new tires were put on them from the tire store to her garage the day before I bought it.It drives flawlessly like a new car.The oil was changed every 3000 miles and she had the records to prove it.The windshield had minor pits in it so she had a new one installed 2 hours before I picked the car up.Everything works perfectly on the car.The only draw back is the mileage is a little higher than I liked, it's 105000.I gave $8000 for it. How did i do?I would have liked to have gotten it in the mid 7's but I think I did Ok.What do you think?
I would say that you payed a little too much, but h3ll with all the new stuff she put on the car, it's worth it. New windshield and tires are always good when you buy a used car.
Old 08-19-2003, 09:59 PM

Thanks, I think I paid maybe a little too much but after searching for 5 weeks for a nice 5-speed with leather I wasn't about to let this one get away.When I found this one I was about to break down and buy a nice 99 Se automatic with leather.It is in great shape but I wanted a 5 speed and I didn't like the gray color.The 99 has 107000 miles.I think you can buy it for about $8200.They are asking 8900 but wanted mke to make an offer.If anyone is interested in it e-mail me and I'll tell you where it is.It is well worth the money.
Old 08-19-2003, 10:14 PM

sounds like a pretty good deal to me. especially if it was in the mint condition you say it is in. At least you know it was serviced and well taken care of.
Old 08-19-2003, 11:35 PM

Its an average deal, but I definately would pay extra to deal with the frustration of looking for a car for another 6 months. I've been looking for a good manual maxima in my area for about a year now if you can believe that.
Old 08-20-2003, 06:11 PM

Originally posted by Sqard
Its an average deal, but I definately would pay extra to deal with the frustration of looking for a car for another 6 months. I've been looking for a good manual maxima in my area for about a year now if you can believe that.
I can believe that because when I say I looked for 5 weeks I mean I searched hard for 5 weeks. I searched literaly everyday within 250 miles of my home. I didn't even find that many 5 speeds and even fewer 5 speeds with leather.Believe me i also looked at a lot of junk and went on several wild goose chases.I found this Max 200 miles away. I was the first person to call about it. I had to make the trip twice once to look at it and another to pay for and pick it up.Ive put about 400 mile on it now and it's flawless in appearence and performance.Good luck on your search, mine was worth it but I don't know if I could have kept it up for a year.
Old 08-20-2003, 07:15 PM

Originally posted by maxima_se007
sounds like a pretty good deal to me. especially if it was in the mint condition you say it is in. At least you know it was serviced and well taken care of.
Old 08-20-2003, 07:38 PM

Re: Re: What kind of deal did I get?

Originally posted by EteRnity059

I would say that you payed a little too much, but h3ll with all the new stuff she put on the car, it's worth it. New windshield and tires are always good when you buy a used car.
I picked up my 98 SE Black on Black from a BMW dealer that didn't have any used BMW's less than 35K. At $10,200 for a Max with 40K
I guess I did OK. If the car you purchased feels good, don't let the mileage scare you. I test drove 10- 97 & 98 4th gen. Max's before finding what I wanted and some of the lower mileage cars had been abused.

Enjoy it!!

Jon
Old 08-20-2003, 10:28 PM

Thanks, I think I paid maybe a little too much but after searching for 5 weeks for a nice 5-speed with leather I wasn't about to let this one get away.When I found this one I was about to break down and buy a nice 99 Se automatic with leather.It is in great shape but I wanted a 5 speed and I didn't like the gray color.The 99 has 107000 miles.I think you can buy it for about $8200.They are asking 8900 but wanted mke to make an offer.If anyone is interested in it e-mail me and I'll tell you where it is.It is well worth the money.
Wish i didn't break down. I kick myself everyday. wish i was in 5 speed heaven instead i'm stuck in auto hell! ahhhhh

ps you got a great deal dude i would by that car from u for 8,100hehe
Old 08-21-2003, 01:48 PM

Re: Re: Re: What kind of deal did I get?

Originally posted by Just the Max

I picked up my 98 SE Black on Black from a BMW dealer that didn't have any used BMW's less than 35K. At $10,200 for a Max with 40K
I guess I did OK. If the car you purchased feels good, don't let the mileage scare you. I test drove 10- 97 & 98 4th gen. Max's before finding what I wanted and some of the lower mileage cars had been abused.

Enjoy it!!

Jon
i think ya got a sweet deal.....especially considering u purchased your max through a stealership!
Old 08-21-2003, 02:33 PM

I think it was a little too much

I got a 96 SE, clean record, FULLY loaded, new tires & brakes, steel timing belt, exterior body is clean- very minor stuff, runs great, 58K miles, rear spoiler

I got it for 7,000
Old 08-21-2003, 03:10 PM

Do you yearn for buyers remorse. You made your decision, you like the car, it seemed like a good deal, you didn't pick the first car, you looked around. Someone will always have some "GREAT DEAL I GOT" story. It was a good deal, you didn't get screwed, be happy.
Old 08-21-2003, 05:52 PM

Originally posted by solidsnake1
I think it was a little too much

I got a 96 SE, clean record, FULLY loaded, new tires & brakes, steel timing belt, exterior body is clean- very minor stuff, runs great, 58K miles, rear spoiler

I got it for 7,000
its not that he paid too much.....its just that u got a steal!
Old 08-21-2003, 07:43 PM

Re: Re: Re: What kind of deal did I get?

Originally posted by Just the Max

Enjoy it!!

Jon
now that i've had the car for a couple of days and had time to really go over it I think i did better than I first thought.The car is ,perfect in every way.If you had to guess the mileage you probably guess about 20,000.The steering wheel,armrest,carpet,floor mats etc. are like new.Even the fender wells don't even look like the car was even driven in the rain.If you didn't know the body style you'd say this car is no older than a 2001 or 2002.I called the owner to ask about what mainenance needed to be done.She said the oil,air filter and plugs were changed 3 days before I bought it.Of course i mentioned the tires and windshield earlier.I'm kinda puzzled about about the mileage because no way this car looks like a 105000mile car.I'm extremely happy about my ride, I guess you can tell.
Old 08-21-2003, 07:57 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Awesome deal dood. 5weeks is nothing. And if it meant that much to you, 8000 is nothing. Good find! Rare car. Take care of it

I've been looking 5 years for my car. 97 GXE 5sp, base model, no options (well, floormats). 98k on it, nice lady driver, dealer serviced through 100k extended warranty. Looks/drives brand new. $6000 cash.

And I know it's been taken care of well cuz the lady said it was her dream car when she bought it. Service records and everything.

Jae
Old 08-21-2003, 07:58 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: What kind of deal did I get?

I bought a car exactly like you: 97 SE spd with leather. Immaculate condition, the guy i bought it from made sure that it passed every test that there was for a car. He took care of his max like everyday was the last day of his life. The only problem was that he drove the car from florida to san antonio,tx and lived on the other side of town to go to work. I bought the car with high mileage about 110,000k. I gave about $7895 for the car.

You did about the same as for any Maxima owner. You got a deal, with many stingy people out there about their cars this woman did you a service about giving you a sweet car at a sweet price. The only thing that you need to do now is sup the fu&k out of the max now.