4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Tranny on warranty and I feel it dying...shop says warranty will not cover it. (long)

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 12:01 PM
Pizda Boy

Tranny on warranty and I feel it dying...shop says warranty will not cover it. (long)

I don't know what to tell these bastards.
(this is a automatic)
My Max was stolen in November and found all beat up. Tranny was also killed in it. (no reverse and it went forward on all gears including neutral) anyway, insurance co. covered half of the cost and i covered half due to my high mileage. The shop that rebuilt the tranny (insurance co. would not let me get a new one or do a conversion) gave me a warranty for a year (expires in January, yes they kept the car for 3 months before doing anything to it). My tranny is dying on me now. It shifts hard and when the engine is cold it won't shift into second unless I take my foot of the gas. plus my rpm's keep on dropping to roughly 800 no matter what gear and what speed (basically there's no engine braking, rpms just drop to neutral mode). Anyway, the shop told me that they'll take it apart but if they see that it's my fault I will have to cover all the costs. WTF!!! I know that they'll take it apart and tell me it's my fault even if it's theirs. What the heck should I do with them, the tranny is gonna die on me soon I can feel it. Should I contact my Insurace Co. or a lawyer?? I don't know. Any suggestions?? Thanks, I had to get this out of me before I kill someone.
Old 09-04-2003, 12:32 PM

What do they constitute as "your fault"?

do they mean average use?

the new tranny they gave you has a 1 year wanertee.. that means they should cover it for 1 year... be it the parts or instalation something in the tranny they gave it is BAD... thats THEIR FAULT!!

I dont care how hard you drive your car a NEW tranny should last WAY WAY longer then a year...

you tell them to F*ck off and fix you tranny

now if you did something to your tranny mechnically on your own then thats the dif story.

but if you did nothing but drive it (soft or hard) and it died in less then a year... bring it to them and dont pay sh*t.
Old 09-04-2003, 12:41 PM
Pizda Boy

i drive my car hard, and the tranny is not new it's the same one but rebuilt.... what i'm saying though is i don't think that they'll admit it's their fault if something was done wrong on their end....

I went back to them back in march cause they put a bad seal on and the oil was leaking like crazy, even though i know they put a new seal on they still didn't admit it. bastards!!! i'm so mad
Old 09-04-2003, 01:26 PM
An atavistic endeavor...

**** taking any of this. They should fix it no matter what. "Your fault" what a crock. I would say oka, if that's the agreement, then I want full compensation for the mileage and work I'm going to have to miss when we find out that it's your fault for the bad gasket/oil leak. They're def trying to screw you.

I might contact my insurance and tell them the deal. I don't understand why they couldn't give you 1/2 the estimate on the rebuilt trans and let you do whatever you wanted to...
Old 09-04-2003, 01:52 PM
Pizda Boy

they're all a bunch of idiots
Old 09-04-2003, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by MaxedOutOfCash
they're all a bunch of idiots
its under warranty, go back and have them fix it, if they dont, get it documented that you were there, then tell them you are contacting the insurance co. and a your lawyer.