4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Big O no?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2003, 05:56 PM

Big O no?

Well I took my car today to Big O tires since my left rear tire seems to constantly deflate and my front right tire has two gashes on the sidewall. I didn't have enought money to purchase a new tire (I hope I don't have a blow out w/ my 5 month old in the car)! Anyhows the they tell me that they would fix the leak in the rear tire for free. So I pull out and my car seems normal until I hit the high way and at about 60 mph my steering wheel is shaking out of control! It never did this before. I'm going to go on the roads I normally go in and check it out. I think it might just have been the road. Then again what could have cause this if it is indeed a problem? You can't throw off the cars alignment by removing a tire and putting it back on, no? It was the rear tire anyways. Any ideas? Thx.
Old 09-06-2003, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Chino
Well I took my car today to Big O tires since my left rear tire seems to constantly deflate and my front right tire has two gashes on the sidewall. I didn't have enought money to purchase a new tire (I hope I don't have a blow out w/ my 5 month old in the car)! Anyhows the they tell me that they would fix the leak in the rear tire for free. So I pull out and my car seems normal until I hit the high way and at about 60 mph my steering wheel is shaking out of control! It never did this before. I'm going to go on the roads I normally go in and check it out. I think it might just have been the road. Then again what could have cause this if it is indeed a problem? You can't throw off the cars alignment by removing a tire and putting it back on, no? It was the rear tire anyways. Any ideas? Thx.
whatever they used to plug the hole probably caused the wheel to be unbalanced... so i guess you have to balance it again.