4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

led turn signal mirrors-choice

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 03:06 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

led turn signal mirrors-choice

From my searching I have found three vendors.

1) Custommaxima (149 +shipping, unpainted on sale)
2) 97Maxgurl (ange from redlinemax) 150 unpainted, 199 painted +7 shipped. Is the group deal still on?
3) sycefiro (not sure if he is still selling them.

questions for the electrical gurus/ people who have these.
1) worth it? Looks good but functionally good? Also, is it hard to switch out the ambers and put in blue or white leds?
2) problems? I have heard the wires are so taut that any movement of the mirrors on the hinges can snap the wires. T/F?
3) install? I've heard that it is a pain to wire through to the turn signal. Is it hard? (custom says it's easy but of course I tend to take that with a grain of salt)
4) is there anyone in the Albany, NY area that has an example I could see or could help me with the install if I buy?
5) WHO should I buy them from (if I do buy)
6) will the 3m tape stick on for the life of the car? It looks a little sparse to me.

thanks in advance. BTW I just got the modding bug and I love my '95 5spd GXE more and more with each day! Also, you guys on the org rock. I love that there is so much of a community for the Max.

take care,
-Rowan
Old 10-20-2003, 03:19 PM

even if someone answer's true for the wire's being too taunt.....just do a little wire lengtening....
Old 10-21-2003, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by LastBoyScout
even if someone answer's true for the wire's being too taunt.....just do a little wire lengtening....
Ok I know a bunch of people have this mod. Please reply? I'd like to know the answers of my questions so I can by this with confidence!

I imagine the wire lengthening is possible but will that compromise anything?

thanks
Old 10-22-2003, 05:08 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rowan

1) worth it? Looks good but functionally good? Also, is it hard to switch out the ambers and put in blue or white leds?
2) problems? I have heard the wires are so taut that any movement of the mirrors on the hinges can snap the wires. T/F?
3) install? I've heard that it is a pain to wire through to the turn signal. Is it hard? (custom says it's easy but of course I tend to take that with a grain of salt)
4) is there anyone in the Albany, NY area that has an example I could see or could help me with the install if I buy?
6) will the 3m tape stick on for the life of the car? It looks a little sparse to me.
1. I think it looks good. Impossible to change out amber for blue or white I believe. Don't know anyone who has tried.
2. I've had my mirrors on for over a year and have had no problems w/ the wires snapping.. I have to fold in mirrors all the time where I park.
3. I wired it up w/ no problems and I usually run into problems when I mod my car.
4. N/A
5. Up to you. Its all the same thing.
6. Once again, I've had mine on for over a year, with no extra tape and hasn't moved since I put them on.
Old 10-22-2003, 07:25 AM
Chick specializing in rounding up 100+ Maximas

From my searching I have found three vendors.

1) Custommaxima (149 +shipping, unpainted on sale)
2) 97Maxgurl (ange from redlinemax) 150 unpainted, 199 painted +7 shipped. Is the group deal still on?
3) sycefiro (not sure if he is still selling them.

thanks in advance. BTW I just got the modding bug and I love my '95 5spd GXE more and more with each day! Also, you guys on the org rock. I love that there is so much of a community for the Max.

take care,
-Rowan
Check the RedlineMax.com website again. We're running special discount on those LED sides this month. $200 painted in OE Super Black and shipped via UPS 2 Day.

AnGe
Old 10-22-2003, 04:08 PM

I've got just the light strips, no mirror covers for $55 US shipped.

www.phantomperformance.com

pm me if you're interested.
Old 10-22-2003, 04:26 PM

thanks!

Originally Posted by 97MaxGurl
Check the RedlineMax.com website again. We're running special discount on those LED sides this month. $200 painted in OE Super Black and shipped via UPS 2 Day.

AnGe
thanks ange! I am debating between those stick on ones from phantom vs yours but thus far I think yours look more classy. Does the 200 include shipping or is it +7 like before?
Old 10-23-2003, 06:18 AM
Chick specializing in rounding up 100+ Maximas

thanks ange! I am debating between those stick on ones from phantom vs yours but thus far I think yours look more classy. Does the 200 include shipping or is it +7 like before?
check your PM pls