4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

How Common? Engine Front Oil Leak?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 05:46 AM

How Common? Engine Front Oil Leak?

I read a scary article - an ad of some kind in a professional auto repair magazine talking about 95-01 or 02 maxima 3.0 engine oil leaks from the lower front of the engine - timing cover related.

they said the time to fix COULD BE TWENTY LABOR hours.

First i have heard - they said it was not a common leak, yet they had the big article on how to fix it.
Anyone else seen or heard of this problem?

they said Altimas had it too but were easy to fix. Said o ring was bad - maybe bad Nissan vendor the article said.
Old 10-23-2003, 05:59 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by edwardh1
I read a scary article - an ad of some kind in a professional auto repair magazine talking about 95-01 or 02 maxima 3.0 engine oil leaks from the lower front of the engine - timing cover related.

they said the time to fix COULD BE TWENTY LABOR hours.

First i have heard - they said it was not a common leak, yet they had the big article on how to fix it.
Anyone else seen or heard of this problem?

they said Altimas had it too but were easy to fix. Said o ring was bad - maybe bad Nissan vendor the article said.
Must not be a common problem. I haven't heard anything about it here in this forum until now.