4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

not good info about nissan from locksmith

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 10:24 AM

not good info about nissan from locksmith

I recently stopped by subway to get me some grub in the process of cleaning some trash out of my car first..I set the keys on the seat...clean the trash out close the door..and viola locked keys in. First time ever and it ****ed me off. I called a nice locksmith in atlanta that is actually a quite large operation. Within 15 mins they were there...now thats what I call service. But some troubling news comes from the locksmith. and I quote
"Nissan is by far the easiet car to get into...so he takes his tool sticks in the window and within two seconds while looking at me..the car is unlocked" He said as far as getting in a nissan, he said the mechanism they use isnt guarded at all...most newer cars locks have to be picked..but nissan uses the age ole standard locking mechanism. Not that this matter but on Hondas for certain years if you hit the front door at a specific location the door unlocks.

Not info I wanted to hear about my car...time to get an alarm.
Old 10-28-2003, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by infinitiblast

Not info I wanted to hear about my car...time to get an alarm.
alarms dont help, if someone that has an idea of what they are doing wants to get into your car, they will get in regardless of an alarm or not... the only thing a PROPERLY installed alarm will do is HELP prevent the entire car from being stolen
Old 10-28-2003, 10:32 AM

True. I already have nvis..which is reasurring. Just kinda troubling to know I guess. My main reason for wanting an alarm is keyless entry lol
Old 10-28-2003, 10:42 AM
will fly for food

True. I already have nvis..which is reasurring. Just kinda troubling to know I guess. My main reason for wanting an alarm is keyless entry lol
your se-l doesnt have keyless?? weird...
Old 10-28-2003, 11:14 AM
DoGGy

there is no need to worry about the lock at all. i mean, its easier and faster to just brake the window than to mess with the lock. none of these stuff stops a thieft. good lock or bad lock barely makes any difference.

Old 10-28-2003, 11:19 AM

nope well we dont think it does. The dealer couldnt find the key fobs.. go figure.

Originally Posted by Maxima99SEbose
Old 10-28-2003, 11:23 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I don't even bother locking my doors anymore...

if someone wants something in my car that badly, I'd rather them open the door to steal it than break the window...

and if they want the entire car, well... I'm ****ed anyway.
Old 10-28-2003, 11:30 AM

yeh, i used to work with repos and things i learned from the locksmith were pretty informative. if you want a way to get into your car if you lock keys in without messing with anything, tap into your power locks and put a microswitch in the fenderwell or something.
Old 10-28-2003, 12:11 PM
will fly for food

nope well we dont think it does. The dealer couldnt find the key fobs.. go figure.
order a keyfob off ebay and program it mine came with one keyfob (that the dealer purchased) because those clowns somehow lost the original keyfob... all I had to was put some batteries in it and program it to my car
Old 10-28-2003, 12:13 PM

How were u sure you had it?
Old 10-28-2003, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Vigo327
yeh, i used to work with repos and things i learned from the locksmith were pretty informative. if you want a way to get into your car if you lock keys in without messing with anything, tap into your power locks and put a microswitch in the fenderwell or something.
Exactly...... Then just take apart your doors and you can take a piece of sheet metal and create a shield that protects the locking mechanism. Then thiefs/locksmiths are screwed unless they
A) pick the lock
B) break the window
C) find the hidden switch

You would be amazed how easily you can mount that remote switch right above the liscense plate

▲ Picture of my buzzer so my remote lock will beep back at me

You can stick your finger right up there with the plate on, and toggle your hidden switch. Very simple. This is what i plan to do whenever i get around to shaving the door handles and adding door poppers.........one day.........
Old 10-28-2003, 12:21 PM
will fly for food

How were u sure you had it?
do you have a security light on the dashboard?
Old 10-28-2003, 12:25 PM

Sure do but I was told that was for the nvis only..*gotme*
Old 10-28-2003, 12:31 PM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Any car is easy to get into with the right tools.
Old 10-28-2003, 12:32 PM
BOSS

SE-L has nothing to do with keyless. It is a regular SE Maxima. Mine has keyless, but not all SE-L's do.

One last time people - SE-L can come with: leather, no leather, keyless, no keyless, automatic, manual, sunroof, no sunroof, bose cd, non bose cd, auto climate, no auto climate, etc. etc. you get the point!!!!!!!

Old 10-28-2003, 12:38 PM
Banned

i just bought my maxima 6 days into it with the top of the line paging alarm system i was left with a ruined tint missing with and 1000+ cd's gone...I have sense removed the mirror tint which was getto and ways and the 500$ alarm by the way alarm for sale taking offers...lol...alarms dont do shyt garage it or be willing to pay...sucks believe me I know...my cd's are worth more then the car...
Old 10-28-2003, 12:46 PM
will fly for food

Originally Posted by BOSS
SE-L has nothing to do with keyless. It is a regular SE Maxima. Mine has keyless, but not all SE-L's do.

One last time people - SE-L can come with: leather, no leather, keyless, no keyless, automatic, manual, sunroof, no sunroof, bose cd, non bose cd, auto climate, no auto climate, etc. etc. you get the point!!!!!!!
I know this man, no need to get stupid with me. He's from my town, I personally thought he had it. Ease up, fool.
Old 10-28-2003, 12:48 PM
will fly for food

Sure do but I was told that was for the nvis only..*gotme*
got me too... guess the only way to find out would be tryin to program a remote, and if it works, then great.
Old 10-28-2003, 01:01 PM
BOSS

I know this man, no need to get stupid with me. He's from my town, I personally thought he had it. Ease up, fool.
Me ease up? You're the 10 year-old scumbag here who obviously has some research to do about 99 SE-L's.

Old 10-28-2003, 01:05 PM

i guess you take your screenname about "boss" a tad to seriously...only imature to get worked up over that simple statment. I know I dont have keyless I have dont the key in the ingintion test....but I figured someone might be shedding some new light. BOSS your still a newbie grow up yourself.
Old 10-28-2003, 01:35 PM
will fly for food

Me ease up? You're the 10 year-old scumbag here who obviously has some research to do about 99 SE-L's.
OK you dumba$$, I dont have any research to do. Like i said, you stupid babbling moron, he's from my town, Most of the people that I know that drive maximas HAVE keyless, i KNOW that not all come with keyless.. did you not see that? Now why dont you just go babble on some other forums, if you keep it up, no one will like you (if even anyone likes you now).. I've seen some of your posts on here and all you're doing is ****ing people off.. You take pride in that or something?
Old 10-28-2003, 02:10 PM
BOSS

OK you dumba$$, I dont have any research to do. Like i said, you stupid babbling moron, he's from my town, Most of the people that I know that drive maximas HAVE keyless, i KNOW that not all come with keyless.. did you not see that? Now why dont you just go babble on some other forums, if you keep it up, no one will like you (if even anyone likes you now).. I've seen some of your posts on here and all you're doing is ****ing people off.. You take pride in that or something?
= proof, you are 10 years old. Show me ONE post, just ONE, where I (like you claim) pi$$ed someone off.

Old 10-28-2003, 02:49 PM
Kevlo for President

i've seen a locksmith open an diamonte in less then 2 min and a carmy too. so nissan is not the only car. like njmax said, any car is easy to get into with the right tools
Old 10-28-2003, 02:57 PM

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....64#post2445164

I found one..stupid!

= proof, you are 10 years old. Show me ONE post, just ONE, where I (like you claim) pi$$ed someone off.
Old 10-28-2003, 02:58 PM
Cheesing away...

Don't think 10 year olds can be scumbags. And how can you get mad about him thinking that all SE-L's had keyless? Chill out.
Old 10-28-2003, 03:00 PM
Cheesing away...

Haha
Old 10-28-2003, 03:06 PM
BOSS

Originally Posted by vsidesupratt1
Don't think 10 year olds can be scumbags. And how can you get mad about him thinking that all SE-L's had keyless? Chill out.
Get mad? Who said I got mad? How do u conclude that I got mad? Do you have down syndrome or something? I never once insulted him. Just because I posted something with many "!!!!!!" marks at the end does in no way imply that 1) I'm mad 2) I'm bashing him 3) I think bad of him. Both of you need to grow up and start taking things a little less seriously.

All in one, he insulted me first by calling me a "fool" and "dumba$$" etc. etc. see above. How does what I wrote in my first response imply that I am a fool? How can you think that I need to chill out? - am I the one calling him a zillion immature names in one sentence? Think about it.

Old 10-28-2003, 03:07 PM

wow e-***** competition.

WHO'S IS BIGGER?!

get over it, no one cares.
Old 10-28-2003, 03:13 PM

my e-***** is........um...................1ghz

Originally Posted by mchne
wow e-***** competition.

WHO'S IS BIGGER?!

get over it, no one cares.
Old 10-28-2003, 03:21 PM
Cheesing away...

Get mad? Who said I got mad? How do u conclude that I got mad? Do you have down syndrome or something? I never once insulted him. Just because I posted something with many "!!!!!!" marks at the end does in no way imply that 1) I'm mad 2) I'm bashing him 3) I think bad of him. Both of you need to grow up and start taking things a little less seriously.

All in one, he insulted me first by calling me a "fool" and "dumba$$" etc. etc. see above. How does what I wrote in my first response imply that I am a fool? How can you think that I need to chill out? - am I the one calling him a zillion immature names in one sentence? Think about it.
My bad, I was confused when you called him a 10 year-old scumbag. Didn't know people said things that harsh.
Old 10-28-2003, 03:22 PM

Foreign cars are a piece of cake to get into. Ive been picking locks for 3 years. On one book i read on lock picking i quote, " It's a known fact that foreign cars are behind on locks about 5 years vs an American Car". Excluding chipped keys and laser cut. However, with a slim-jim and a pickset it is easy to get in just about any cars. You see you must realize that just about any cars can be broken into, so it's not a shock on how easy Nissan's locks are to open. It's equivalent to driving to work everyday, you COULD get into a wreck. Also, you COULD have your car broken into. But, it's certainly something you shouldn't worry about on a day to day basis. Just lock your doors, cross your fingers, do the sign of the cross, and hope for the best.
Old 10-28-2003, 06:11 PM
will fly for food

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....97#post2344297

there's your one, buddy

But I apologize for gettin so ****ed at you, just dont like it when people act like I'm an idiot. After the first time you acted almighty about your knowledge of maximas, I told you I know some maximas dont have it, I then proceded to tell you he was from my town..just thought his had it, then you still said something trying to act almighty? Yeah, ya just don't do that... which is why I got ****ed.
Old 10-28-2003, 06:33 PM
SXN

what would a 10 year old need to do to qualify to be a scumbag? hmmm... anyway, sounds like you need a time out Boss, you dont play well with others just chill, everyones cool here
Old 10-28-2003, 06:57 PM
BOSS

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....97#post2344297

there's your one, buddy

But I apologize for gettin so ****ed at you, just dont like it when people act like I'm an idiot. After the first time you acted almighty about your knowledge of maximas, I told you I know some maximas dont have it, I then proceded to tell you he was from my town..just thought his had it, then you still said something trying to act almighty? Yeah, ya just don't do that... which is why I got ****ed.
Again, ....and just HOW and WHO did I pi$$ off in the above post of mine that you have provided a link to???? I think it would be a wise for you to actually read things more carefully...like the thread with the link, before you start acusing me of nothing.

On the other hand, just because someone shows a little emotion in their post, it does not mean that he/she automatically FLAMES someone straight up, calls them names and bashes them for no particular reason like u did with me.

Old 10-28-2003, 06:58 PM
SXN

a little emotion, its all good
Old 10-28-2003, 07:02 PM
will fly for food

Again, ....and just HOW and WHO did I pi$$ off in the above post of mine that you have provided a link to???? I think it would be a wise for you to actually read things more carefully...like the thread with the link, before you start acusing me of nothing.

On the other hand, just because someone shows a little emotion in their post, it does not mean that he/she automatically FLAMES someone straight up, calls them names and bashes them for no particular reason like u did with me.
check this out..yea this would **** people off...I do read things...

"{What the hell is wrong with you people! What, you want me to post this in the 5th gen forum (to the guy above) because....? What? You think I made this **** up and they will laugh at me? I have nothing to prove to you or anybody else. I proved it to myself and am happy with it so to those who don't believe that a spanked an 02 Max SE you can just go and P!SS oFF! "
Old 10-28-2003, 07:05 PM
SXN

yes great, boss p!sses people off, we knew that, the topic being... nissans are easy to break into. But as many people are realizing now a days, no one takes car alarms seriously. I would say the best alarm is a factory GM one, where the horn just honks for 2 minutes, and progressively gets louder. My friend wired his gt mustang with an air horn on his stock alarm, if someone was stealing his car, everyone knew, even if they didnt care
Old 10-28-2003, 07:06 PM

Perhaps he is arguing his way to 100 posts..lol.
Old 10-28-2003, 07:08 PM
SXN

Perhaps he is arguing his way to 100 posts..lol.
well...he's close
Old 10-28-2003, 07:10 PM
will fly for food

Originally Posted by SXN
yes great, boss p!sses people off, we knew that, the topic being... nissans are easy to break into. But as many people are realizing now a days, no one takes car alarms seriously. I would say the best alarm is a factory GM one, where the horn just honks for 2 minutes, and progressively gets louder. My friend wired his gt mustang with an air horn on his stock alarm, if someone was stealing his car, everyone knew, even if they didnt care

Airhorn! hahaha awesome.. like a semi-truck airhorn?

Quick Reply: not good info about nissan from locksmith