4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

A corrupt maxima owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2003, 10:47 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

these wings serve no function

just the gap thats present between the body of the car and the wing will just let the air pass through just as if there was no wing there. if you wanted downward force, you would hav eto have no gap between the wing and the body and the area and speed would hav eto be large enough to create and downward force. the spoiler or wing on any average car serves no purpose but for aesthic purposes. im an engineer so these kinds of concepts have been beaten into my head.
Old 11-13-2003, 11:10 PM

Frank, I don't mean this to offend you, but I think you're arguing just for the sake of arguing at this point.
I agree with your points about originality and open-mindedness, and I could understand your arguing if this was about something that's *debatably* ugly or good looking... but the wing on that car is just silly and does not belong there.

It amazes me how judgemental people are, how original it is to follow the pack mentality.
I think one thing you're failing to realize is that the average maxima enthusiast on this forum does NOT represent the majority of people modding cars out there. so your "follow the pack" argument is off base.
many of the people on the org have extremely similar mods done to their cars, and some identical, but in the grand scheme of things, we represent a miniscule fraction of car modifiers.

my point is, there's certainly more jack asses out there with six foot aluminum wings on their cars than there are with the relatively clean and classy looking mods most of us have added.

so, who's "following the pack"? not us.
Old 11-14-2003, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by Frank Fontaine
Guess you like guns in CT. It amazes me how judgemental people are, how original it is to follow the pack mentality. I guess everybody should take their $8000 Maxima and put a cold intake, clears, tails, side markers, body kit, HID kit that looks like s*** and doesn't even aim properly, and be cool. Whatever. This thread imho shows the worst of the forum. Threads that have info on how to keep the Max running show the best.
I agree with Frank You shouldn't talk bad or make fun of someones car. Sure the guy may not want to have the same spoiler as almost everyone on the maxima.org. I know I sure don't. If you don't like it keep your mouth shut unless the guy that owns the car asks for our opinion. It gets old when all you read on the forums is Rice this Rice that. Everyone is not the same person. People like different things. I know posting this there will be people running their mouth about my car but I don't care cause it is what I like and someone talking trash is not going to make me change it.
Old 11-14-2003, 06:07 AM

That wing is ridiculous......
Old 11-14-2003, 10:59 AM
ChristheNite

I dont understand the point of wings, there is a kid here that has an integra with a black erector set wing on it, he has actually ruined his trunklid because of all the drag created from this wing, the trunk is almost inverted and doesnt lock anymore. Not to mention this guys wing on the maxima is screwing his chance of being able to see out his rearview mirror...All I can figure is Fast and the Furious created this generation of flying ricers. Kamakaze's.

Old 11-14-2003, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by ChristheNite
All I can figure is Fast and the Furious created this generation of flying ricers. Kamakaze's.
hahaha kamamaze. hilarious. i would have to agree with the fast and furious comment though. well done chris.
Old 11-14-2003, 03:43 PM
SXN

its not fast and the furious...it doesnt have vinyl all over it
Old 11-14-2003, 04:40 PM

Big non-functional ugly wing= rice
Old 11-14-2003, 07:24 PM

It's not flat enough to set a beer can on, so what good is it??
Old 11-14-2003, 11:55 PM
SXN

ironing board...duh