4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

I hit a deer last night.

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 02:09 AM

I hit a deer last night.

The hood's sort of bent in, the plastic thing around the grille, the top part, is bent off center, and my head lamp is loose. It still works, the glass isn't even damaged but it's loose. I'm wondering if it's cheaper to buy new parts than having these fixed? Where can I get them? It's a 95, and the color code is ALO, ruby pearl. This sucks. I don't live in the country. I live in Everett WA. The deer came out of a QFC parking lot and ran across the street at my car. It was the first time I'd ever seen a deer out here. And then I ran it over. What the hell is a deer doing in a QFC parking lot? And why did it run across the street? I just paid college tuition, and quit my job. I hope it's not going to be too expensive.
Old 11-21-2003, 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by Eric425
The hood's sort of bent in, the plastic thing around the grille, the top part, is bent off center, and my head lamp is loose. It still works, the glass isn't even damaged but it's loose. I'm wondering if it's cheaper to buy new parts than having these fixed? Where can I get them? It's a 95, and the color code is ALO, ruby pearl. This sucks. I don't live in the country. I live in Everett WA. The deer came out of a QFC parking lot and ran across the street at my car. It was the first time I'd ever seen a deer out here. And then I ran it over. What the hell is a deer doing in a QFC parking lot? And why did it run across the street? I just paid college tuition, and quit my job. I hope it's not going to be too expensive.
What is QFC, fast-food? Deers are everywhere there are woods. When I was visiting an office in Philly one came out and the bldg mgmt shot it with the township's permission. It was wandering around a 2000-car parking lot.

Except for the light maybe just fix it so it can pass inspection, you don't want to go too crazy with a 95, esp with no job. I still don't understand what you are saying, if you were in a parking lot how fast could you have been going so as to not avoid an animal? Are you joking when you ask why did it run across the street?
Old 11-21-2003, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Eric425
HAd you hit a moose, you would have totalled the car....
Old 11-21-2003, 10:36 AM

are multiple moose called meese?

LOL.

You hit a deer. Hate to see you ever drive thru a busy city construction zone. Try missing cars. Its alot harder.
Old 11-21-2003, 10:41 AM

just kidding by the way.

Old 11-21-2003, 10:42 AM

Atleast the deer didn't hit you. A week ago a deer ran into my driver side door lol I don't understand that. Only if i had the window open, i would've been chillin with a deer in the cockpit.
Old 11-21-2003, 01:30 PM
Kevlo for President

Originally Posted by slammed95
Damn, that sucks man. Here in SoCal we have signs warnings us of illegal immigrants crossing the road. It would suck to hit one of those.

WTF

---

that must suck man ihope u can get it fixed and like new
Old 11-21-2003, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mahstylez
Atleast the deer didn't hit you. A week ago a deer ran into my driver side door lol I don't understand that. Only if i had the window open, i would've been chillin with a deer in the cockpit.
the same thing happened to me when I was in college. my college is located in the woods and I was goning back to the dorms, it was raining and foggy. Good thing I was driving pretty slow when all a sudden a deer tries to run across the road, I slammed on the brakes and he headbutts my wheels. he was dazed and confused but luckily nothing really bad happened. its kind of funny cuz he just keeps on runnin into my wheels as if he had a death wish. I think if I didn't slam on the breaks he would of hit my driver side door.
Old 11-21-2003, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Frank Fontaine
What is QFC, fast-food? Deers are everywhere there are woods. When I was visiting an office in Philly one came out and the bldg mgmt shot it with the township's permission. It was wandering around a 2000-car parking lot.

Except for the light maybe just fix it so it can pass inspection, you don't want to go too crazy with a 95, esp with no job. I still don't understand what you are saying, if you were in a parking lot how fast could you have been going so as to not avoid an animal? Are you joking when you ask why did it run across the street?

I wasn't in the parking lot, I was on the road next to the parking lot. It came out of the Quality Food Center parking lot, and tried to run across the speedway.
Old 11-21-2003, 02:42 PM

Nobody knows where to get parts? Its a 95, but I just bought it a couple of months ago, with only 60K miles. I like it. I'd like to fix it. I saw on ebay, the part of the grille I want for $45. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33645
But it's a different color. Does it cost a lot to get parts repainted? I probably need a new hood, unless I can bend it back to shape somehow. I hit the thing at only 45 mph, and because I hit the brakes before, I was probably only going like 30 something when I hit it. The car looks fine except for the grille and hood and headlight on the passenger side. There aren't even any scratches on the paint. Think I can get it fixed for around $300? The mounting bracket is broken on the headlight. If I could just get the headlight to stay it place, it'd be fine.
Old 11-21-2003, 02:45 PM
Kevlo for President

www.ebay.com http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....ap+rear+bumper

http://www.certifit.com/

www.car-part.com

www.newnissanparts.com (OEM)
Old 11-21-2003, 03:15 PM

I hit a deer a while back.....I was almost sleeping at the wheel and suddenly there it was...I dont know how....but I was able to swirve and only broke my driver side mirror...relief,relief.
Old 11-21-2003, 07:56 PM

so did anyone cared to call a vet?
Old 11-21-2003, 09:20 PM

Rudolf and Prancer......whose next??

A few weeks ago, I was on my way home from Columbus, Ohio (on Route 76 in PA) and just as I was 5 miles until I reach my exit (exit 21 Reading, Pa), I too hit a deer (Rudolf). The damages was estimated at aprox. a little over 5g's (hit the deer at aprox. 40mph). That was the bad news!

Here is the good news. With that money, I was able to buy:
( RUDOLF REALLY CAME THROUGH THIS YEAR! : )
- CARBON FIBOR HOOD (FROM REDLINEMAX.COM)
- SKYLINE FRONT BUMPER (FROM REDLINEMAX.COM)
- TRENS GRILL
- HOOD PINS
- NEW PIAA 9004 HEAD LIGHT BULBS
- NEW CLEAR TURN SIGNALS

I used that money to not only buy those parts, but I was able to get my car fixed too. More good news! I had about ($600 but had to pay $100 deductable) $500 dollars left over from that money. Heres what I'm planning to buy with that :
- THE WHOLE SKYLINE KIT FROM REDLINEMAX.COM (side skirts, rear bumper)
- B&M SHORT SHIFTER
Old 11-21-2003, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by slammed95
Damn, that sucks man. Here in SoCal we have signs warnings us of illegal immigrants crossing the road. It would suck to hit one of those.

LMAO!!! That is too funny! I am in Texas and there are no illegal immigrant crossing signs out here. Dude you gotta send me a picture!
Old 11-21-2003, 09:40 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by MaXZilla
A few weeks ago, I was on my way home from Columbus, Ohio (on Route 76 in PA) and just as I was 5 miles until I reach my exit (exit 21 Reading, Pa), I too hit a deer (Rudolf). The damages was estimated at aprox. a little over 5g's (hit the deer at aprox. 40mph). That was the bad news!

Here is the good news. With that money, I was able to buy:
( RUDOLF REALLY CAME THROUGH THIS YEAR! : )
- CARBON FIBOR HOOD (FROM REDLINEMAX.COM)
- SKYLINE FRONT BUMPER (FROM REDLINEMAX.COM)
- TRENS GRILL
- HOOD PINS
- NEW PIAA 9004 HEAD LIGHT BULBS
- NEW CLEAR TURN SIGNALS

I used that money to not only buy those parts, but I was able to get my car fixed too. More good news! I had about ($600 but had to pay $100 deductable) $500 dollars left over from that money. Heres what I'm planning to buy with that :
- THE WHOLE SKYLINE KIT FROM REDLINEMAX.COM (side skirts, rear bumper)
- B&M SHORT SHIFTER
good choices
Old 11-22-2003, 12:41 AM

That sucks man. I frequently go up there often. Is it the QFC on bothel everett highway by 405? that sucks man. KInda weird having a dear around those parts.
Old 11-22-2003, 07:46 AM

I remember seeing those when I went to CA. At first I didn't know what it meant, why did they show people on a sign? Then I realized it and laughed for a good 10 minutes.

Originally Posted by sharkulator
LMAO!!! That is too funny! I am in Texas and there are no illegal immigrant crossing signs out here. Dude you gotta send me a picture!
Old 11-22-2003, 09:58 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

im glad we dont have any in the city
Old 11-22-2003, 07:30 PM

Certifit is pretty close to where I am! Finally, a piece of luck..
Keep heading north on 405, and it merges into Mukilteo Speedway. Know where they were doing all that road construction? I hit the deer about a mile up that road. I'd never seen a deer there before. This was pretty late at night. I was the only car on the road. It was the only deer on the road. If I hadn't run that yellow light, or had arrived in that exact spot a half second sooner or later, I wouldn't have hit it. Odds were 1 in a thousand, and it happens to me...