4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Looks like the SC Project will take a while longer....

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2003, 05:55 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Looks like the SC Project will take a while longer....

WHY can't people just look left when making a right turn onto a street?!

And why do they have to drft over to the far lane and not look to see if anyone already occupies that lane?!

Old 12-07-2003, 06:00 PM

ouch that looks like it sounded nasty!!!!

Did the other person have to pay for it?
Old 12-07-2003, 06:00 PM

their insurance will cover that right?
Old 12-07-2003, 06:01 PM
Jedi Knight

or did they do you dirty and not stoP? FREAKIN' MORONS!!!
Old 12-07-2003, 06:07 PM

It was a guy that barely spoke English so I called the cops immediately and didn't even talk to him.

He lied to the cops and said I changed lanes into the right lane as he was turning into it from a sidestreet....

When asked "Well, if he was heading towardthe right lane, how'd he smack into the wall on the left?" (driver's side - will post pics of that soon <but it's not too bad>).
Suddenly the guy started changing his story - then they pulled his wife aside and spoke to her alone and she had yet another story and said they weren't even turning.

The cops barely talked to me at all. They wrote him a citation for drifting lanes and failing to yield, and we went on our way.

He did have insurance and so do I. So this will get worked out between the two Insurance companies.

I was ****ed, but I'm not now. This is WHY I pay insurance, afterall. Sort of makes all thosem onths of payments worth something now. The car is valued at 8 or 9k I think, and I don't believe this is that kind of damage, as it looks to only be sheet metal and no frame damage or anything.
Old 12-07-2003, 06:14 PM

that stinks man.. did the rim get damaged too?
Old 12-07-2003, 08:02 PM

Yep - the both rims on the front are screwed and the alignment is so far off that I have to turn my steering wheel 45 degrees to go straight.

They don't make those rims anymore either - so I don't know what I'm going to do about that.
Old 12-07-2003, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by iansw
Yep - the both rims on the front are screwed and the alignment is so far off that I have to turn my steering wheel 45 degrees to go straight.

They don't make those rims anymore either - so I don't know what I'm going to do about that.
You could do the ricer look and put some blacked out steelies in the front to make it look RWD (is that why they do it?)
Old 12-07-2003, 08:11 PM
ABK

no most of them do it if they want to do burnouts without ****ing up their good tires on their good rims but some of them a dushbags
Old 12-07-2003, 08:13 PM
Boosted Panda

That sux about those wheels. Those are sweet. Are they TSW trophies.
If he was cited his insurance will pay.
Old 12-07-2003, 08:15 PM

Wow that looks like a good amount of damage, not even seeing the other side. Good luck
Old 12-07-2003, 10:54 PM
vsamoylov

believe me that there is no frmae damage. get new parts and install them yourself because it is easy. Paint job will be expensive though. Post pics of other side. I hate people like that becuase that is how I scraped the curb one time. A guy was changing lanes into my lane and did not see me and i had to swerve nad scratched my rim a little.

Old 12-07-2003, 11:06 PM

Nope - I'm letting his insurance and my favorite body shop handle this completely. It's not costing me a penny, so I'm doing it right and having a shop that guarantees the work forever do it.

Here is some more pics:

The intersection it happened at (impact point can be seen on the lower portion of the wall about 10ft in front of the pink rag sitting on the ground)

Here is the other car:

Old 12-07-2003, 11:06 PM

Ouch! That hurts to see the car in that shape.... hope everything turns out ok for you..
Old 12-07-2003, 11:07 PM

Here is the damage on the other side - fender bent, bumper scratched, and foglight shattered. As well a portion of the rim was shaved off.

The only thing I'm worried about really is that the TSW Trophy Rims are no longer made.

Since only 2 are damaged, but they don't exist anymore, what will the insurance company do!?
Old 12-07-2003, 11:36 PM

I say go get the estimate , then get the insurance money, then go pick up some fenders with flares from maxmojo for like $225. Be a lot cheaper than getting OEM fenders and the fender flares look nice on white cars. When I had my accident this summer the insurance company estimated $3300 for damages and I found a guy that gave me a complete 97 front end for $2600.
Old 12-07-2003, 11:38 PM
A couple of Blaxxx's? Lawls.

it looks like you should invest in those z3's from maxmojo.

they're made of sheet metal and are cheaper than stock.

they'll also get more air to the cai in the passenger wheel well.

i know ange and sarona makes some fenders too, but they're fibeglass.
Old 12-07-2003, 11:48 PM

Ouch, that why some people have no business driving. I almost had that happen a few times. There was nothing you could have done. Maybe you can get an aftermarket front bumper/ lip out of this. Nick
Old 12-08-2003, 06:18 AM

Fcking dumba.ss, that happened to me yesterday when I was coming from work. Except I was on the left lane and we were both making rights onto the intersection. Drifts into my lane and I just went around him/her and rudely cut them back off.
Old 12-08-2003, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by JAY25
Fcking dumba.ss, that happened to me yesterday when I was coming from work. Except I was on the left lane and we were both making rights onto the intersection. Drifts into my lane and I just went around him/her and rudely cut them back off.
i hate it when people don't stay in their lane whenever turning or merging into traffic.. it happens a lot more often than not. specially with older folks and women in minivans.. that's when my roadrage kicks in.
Old 12-08-2003, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by slimer
it looks like you should invest in those z3's from maxmojo.

they're made of sheet metal and are cheaper than stock.

they'll also get more air to the cai in the passenger wheel well.

i know ange and sarona makes some fenders too, but they're fibeglass.

I've never liked aftermarket body panel work of any kind. (fenders, body kits, front lips, etc...) I sort of like the Stillen Kit because it still looks semi-stock - but that's about it.

Not interested. I like the semi-sleeper look.

IanS
Old 12-08-2003, 09:03 AM
A couple of Blaxxx's? Lawls.

some people are into it though, and i thought it might be a good opportunity
Old 12-08-2003, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by slimer
some people are into it though, and i thought it might be a good opportunity

That's cool - just never been my groove.
Old 12-08-2003, 09:36 AM

Sorry about your accident. I am glad that the police officers saw right through their lies. As if screwing up was not bad enough, then they have to compound to the problem by lying.

As for me I had an encounter with another moron that almost ran me off the road yesterday. I went for a long drive with my little boy yesterday, we drove up in the mountains. On the way back home there was this guy in some big 4 door truck tailgating me, I was already in this lane, he came into it. I was on the lane next to the slow lane on the 4 lane-freeway going around 65mph(the speed limitl), I do not like to speed with my kids in the car. The guy proceeds to pass me up and abruptly turn into my lane, totally cutting me off. I had to swerve all the way over to the slow lane and part of the shoulder(during these times is when I am very happy to have the suspension mods on the car), luckily I was coming up to my exit and I had already looked and saw there was no one to my right. I felt like throwing something at him, but thought of my son in the back seat, and I also did not want to cause the moron to crash into some other innocent person (the roads were kind of wet), so I just exited the freeway and went home. Your experience I think was with a dumb driver, mine was with a malicious person. The good thing is that no one was hurt in both of our experiences.
Old 12-08-2003, 12:14 PM
Blazin......

ahh i could be worse. body work looks easy though so u got lucky there. u obviously tried to steer away a little it looks so just be glad you got that far.

the rims look ok. no noticable damage from here so id keep the trophys.
Old 12-08-2003, 12:37 PM

Too bad about the accident, gotta hate those idiot drivers...and insurance that penalizes you as well instead of just them!
Old 12-08-2003, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by bobjohnson
ahh i could be worse. body work looks easy though so u got lucky there. u obviously tried to steer away a little it looks so just be glad you got that far.

the rims look ok. no noticable damage from here so id keep the trophys.
nah - structual metal (not just surface scrapes) is shaved off the driver's side one, and the pass side is curbed to hell.

The driver's side one is definatley not repairable. I'm good friends with a guy who does that (fixes aftermerket rims) for a living. He looked at some close up pictures and said it was screwed.....The pass side one he said he could probably save, but it will never look like new again.
Old 12-09-2003, 12:32 AM

Got my estimate this morning.

$3700......

I didn't get other estimates because I've used this shop before and they do incredible work. Last year they replaced my bumper and didn't even have to blend - the paint matched perfectly.

And since they are accredited by my insurance company, the work is guaranteed forever. Any flaking of discoloration and my insurance company will pay to get it redone.

Still trying to figure out what to do with 2 bad rims however. They will only cover the price of 2.
Old 12-09-2003, 08:40 AM

That sucks man, I almost got t-boned by a guy running a red a few weeks ago. My sister her boyfriend and I were on our way home from the international auto show here in phoenix, and this guy ran a red light and missed my front end by less than a foot. I had the left turn light a was turning and he came flying through the intersection locks up the brakes on his truck and flips me off like I did something wrong.
Old 12-09-2003, 11:47 AM
vsamoylov

foolow him and beat his ***.

Old 12-09-2003, 12:23 PM
An atavistic endeavor...

Crap. I liked them and was going to check your homepage to see what they were so I could bite your rim idea. Bummer.

Sux. Damage doesn't look too horrible though...new door panel and fender and you should be all set.
Old 12-09-2003, 01:06 PM
Kevlo for President

damnit i hate this kind of stuff. my max has been hit 4 freakin times and artic white is not hte easiest colro to match

hope your car looks like new after its fixed
Old 12-09-2003, 06:29 PM

Ian,
Now I see what you mean. Looks painful but glad you and your's are fine. Take your time and shop for some rims, don't be hasty and get something heavy. I myself like he semi sleeper look and going for the Stillen body kit soon, after I'm done with the engine mods and yes my surprise spoiler in my closet!! Nothing radical. At least the guy had insurance and your burden will be minamized.
Good luck!
Old 12-09-2003, 08:47 PM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

Originally Posted by ABK
no most of them do it if they want to do burnouts without ****ing up their good tires on their good rims but some of them a dushbags

actually its usually bc their front rims are rubbing, since the stupid a$$'es dont know about offsets n what not lol sorry to hear about ur accident iansw
Old 12-10-2003, 06:06 PM

Well, they refuse to do anything but replace the rims with 2 stock rims.
I said "well, just give me the cash for those 2 rims then."

They said "no"

I said "How the hell am I supposed to drive a car with 2 15" and 2 18" Rims?!?"
They said "Not our problem."

WTF!?!?!?

Old 12-10-2003, 06:25 PM
Boosted Panda

They should be able to just cut you a check for the total estimated damaged amount. Then its up to you to decide where your going to take it.This is how some people make money from accidents. Some people, depending on the extent of the damage dont even fix their cars and just pocket the money.
Old 12-10-2003, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by FLAVOR247
They should be able to just cut you a check for the total estimated damaged amount. Then its up to you to decide where your going to take it.This is how some people make money from accidents. Some people, depending on the extent of the damage dont even fix their cars and just pocket the money.
I took it to a shop that is accredited by my insurance company - they cut them the check and I don't see a penny of it.

And I'm not into pocketing any money - I myself find it unethical. Like smoking pot - I don't care if others do it - and it's not like I've never done it - but I don't do it now for purely personal reasons....

Unless they can't replace the rims obviously, then I want the cash for them.

IanS
Old 12-10-2003, 06:35 PM
Boosted Panda

I took it to a shop that is accredited by my insurance company - they cut them the check and I don't see a penny of it.

And I'm not into pocketing any money - I myself find it unethical. Like smoking pot - I don't care if others do it - and it's not like I've never done it - but I don't do it now for purely personal reasons....

Unless they can't replace the rims obviously, then I want the cash for them.

IanS
Understandable. I wasnt saying pocket the money, I was just stating that its your car, the cash should go to you and should be able to turn it over to whomever you choose.
Sucks about those wheels though.
Old 12-10-2003, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by FLAVOR247
Understandable. I wasnt saying pocket the money, I was just stating that its your car, the cash should go to you and should be able to turn it over to whomever you choose.
Sucks about those wheels though.

Yeah - I get ya.

It totally sucks - they'd better at least give me cash instead of just slapping 2 honeycomb rims on there.

IanS
Old 12-11-2003, 06:14 AM

just recently i was involved in a minor accident, the other party was found at fault so i was rewarded first a check minus the $300.00 deductible and when the claim was settled, then i was sent my deductible for a total of $970.00. now, i am planning on cashing the checks b4 for some odd reason they don't go through later on and doing the work after the winter.. if i can make a couple of bucks in my pocket then mo' better.

maybe you can talk to your shop and work it so they give you the $$ for the rims instead?

Quick Reply: Looks like the SC Project will take a while longer....