4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Making clears stay in

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2001, 01:25 PM

I just put my clear front bumber lights on,but the side parking lights don't stay in to tightly. I read how to do it on maximadriver.com, but I can't really seem to get under the fender like how he explains it. Is it possible to tighten them from the fog lights? Or any other ways?
Old 03-02-2001, 01:55 PM

the only way

I think that is the only way to do it.
My friend did it, he didn't have a problem on his. I am waiting for my clears to be shipped to me, then I'll let you know for sure
Good luck
Old 03-02-2001, 02:20 PM

What I did was wrap some of that plastic that they come wraped in on the ***** and made them tighter and I have had them in for 4 months and have had no problems yet....

Originally posted by 98BlaximaSE
I just put my clear front bumber lights on,but the side parking lights don't stay in to tightly. I read how to do it on maximadriver.com, but I can't really seem to get under the fender like how he explains it. Is it possible to tighten them from the fog lights? Or any other ways?
Old 03-02-2001, 02:24 PM

What I did was wrap some of that plastic that they come wraped in on the ***** and made them tighter and I have had them in for 4 months and have had no problems yet....guess its kind of a lazy way but hey it works...

Old 03-02-2001, 02:27 PM

here's the solution.

if you compare the clears with the factory, you'll see that the piece that plugs into the little hole for the sides are a little bit shorter. that's why the factory sides snap in while the clears don't. i had my sides come off while driving on the highway, so i had to solve the problem! just loosen that plug piece and unscrew it until its just as longer or longer than the factory piece. also i found that the factory plastic holder fit the plug better than the aftermarket. when you put the clear sides on, make sure it snaps in place.

good luck
Old 03-02-2001, 02:28 PM

maxfaqs at max.org...it shows how to secure it from the inside...thats how i did it..and i havent had any problems..
Old 03-02-2001, 02:47 PM

Re: here's the solution.

Originally posted by seven
if you compare the clears with the factory, you'll see that the piece that plugs into the little hole for the sides are a little bit shorter. that's why the factory sides snap in while the clears don't. i had my sides come off while driving on the highway, so i had to solve the problem! just loosen that plug piece and unscrew it until its just as longer or longer than the factory piece. also i found that the factory plastic holder fit the plug better than the aftermarket. when you put the clear sides on, make sure it snaps in place.

good luck
Yeah I noticed that, I did this before, but didn't hear it click in to place. I haven't driven with them in yet, but I want them to be secure before I do. I'll try the plastic around the plug, that sounds like a good idea.
Old 03-03-2001, 08:51 AM
Ramius83

Basically, you might want to try securing them from the inside. Then, no matter how hard of a hit you take, they will NOT pop out. Also, this makes them less prone to people taking them if you live in a bad area. I do not know the exact web site that I got the info from, but they are out there. Try doing a search or something on the Org. Take it easy

Old 03-03-2001, 09:32 AM

yea securing them from behind the bumper is really the only way to keep them in ...

when i did it, i had one hell of a time getting my arm up underneath the fender, but its doable. you need to unscrew 1 screw on each side and then you will be able to jam your arm up under the fender

your best bet is once u got your old lights out and your arm up under the fender is to have someone else guide ur hand to the right spot to secure the lights

Old 03-03-2001, 03:47 PM

GLUE 'EM

they use to pop out every time i drive (new YOrk ****ty) the best and easy solution i found was i had some glue sittin around for computers so i glued it with that. and now no PROBLEM!
Old 03-03-2001, 03:59 PM

I agree with using the OEM plugs and screwing them into the clear lenses. I also used some weatherstripping around the perimeter of the lens assembly just far enough back so that when I installed them it would fit snug and you can't see the weatherstripping.
Old 03-03-2001, 04:20 PM

This might help you a lot <A HREF=http://integra.vtec.net/geeser/megamax/clear_corners.html>Clear Corners Installation></A>
Old 03-03-2001, 04:30 PM

Originally posted by dmbrazilian
What I did was wrap some of that plastic that they come wraped in on the ***** and made them tighter and I have had them in for 4 months and have had no problems yet....

Ditto here, too.
I wrapped the bubblewrap around the part that goes toward the back of the car, and it's on pretty snug.