4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

would anyone want my car? how much would it go for?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 09:45 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Well, on my 95 maxima, 15 days after i bought it the tranny went dead on the highway. so i towed it back to the dealer, and he rebuilt it for free. (which was very nice of him to do) later on i sold it for many of reasons, but thats a WHOLE nother story.

now, on my 98 maxima... well i don't want to get into that because of legal issues.

and with my car now, (the red one) i had a very expensive aftermarket warrenty on it, so it covered the whole rebuild, and i only had to pay $100 for a dedutable. so i really didn't spend all that money on my car. BUT, my car is still acting up on me. it has been doing rather well for the last 3-4days.. i made a thread about it, but no body can help me. but i finally have my power back from my car, and it feels so nice. i really forgot how fast our cars were untill now. (i could never bring my rpms past 3500 or the engine would misfire badly.) i mean it misfires so bad that my CEL flashes at me unill i pull over and turn off the car. but it for some reason does not do it in the extrem cold... (the high fortoday is 16 degrees with a low of below 0) so yeah, due to the misfire's, i may have other problems... such as my knock sensor, cat converter. so between that, and the high miles, i am not sure what to do. i really want a G35 now...

-Chris

Originally Posted by sleepermaxima
That's funny, I think the opposite way... If I'm going to sell the car, I do it before I dump thousands of dollars into it... and if I get stuck with an unexpected huge repair, I keep the car.

Why keep selling the cars that you replace/rebuild the trannies in? You should be keeping the car if you just replaced/rebuilt the tranny. You obviously know that now you have the best chance of owning a Max with a good tranny.

I guess if it's a grudge thing, then I understand. But fiscally it makes no sense to dump thousands of dollars into a car and sell it. At least, not to me. I might be small minded.

I have replaced my tranny. 6 months after I bought the damn thing. But after dumping 1200 bucks into it, I felt I was committed to it for a long time.

Also, I beat the ever lovin' CRAP out of my poor old 131K mile Max every day. I have ran about 100 lbs of nitrous through it, hit 6000+ RPM at least 5 times a day, and keep it wrapped up to about 4K on the highway for hours at a time (on a privately owned highway of course ).

I have owned it for 2.5 years now, it's paid off and the SC is IN THE MAIL! hehe...

Good luck with whatever you choose. I have to admit, you have EXCELLENT taste in cars.

D
Old 01-09-2004, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Blkmax95c
Well... after owning 4 maxima's, i need to jump into something else. i have had too many problems with the maxima's, and i need to get out of this money pit. i drive nice and easy for the most part... but sometimes do burnouts or drive it hard to pass people. but it does not merit to blow trannys left and right.

i want to hop into a acura 3.2 TL Type s... or maybe a audi A4.. AWD!!! i am not really sure what i want... but it needs to be under $25,000. if anyone wants to give sugestions, feel free. IT NEEDS TO BE A 5spd

so now that i have the new tranny in the red max, everything is running great. but i feel the need to get a new car. but i will not be getting the new car untill end of Febuary.

-Chris
Dude, you want some real problems, go buy an Audi, than you will have some for real problems. I have owned 2 Maximas and I have never had to do any repairs other than maintenance or minor stuff. My 3rd gen had 185,000 miles and was in perfect running condition and my 4th has 110,000. I think you might be purchasing cars that are already beaten. Drive a standard, only way to go....
Old 01-09-2004, 01:39 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by ABK
Hey how about WRX (not an STI), nice car. I heard they got some weak trannies there though so I don't know if you will like it. But it's damn ****en quick. Launching in 4500 rpm with sqeeling tires like crazy!!!

i do not like the WRX.... i don't know... it is not very visualy pleasing. if i had to get one i would need the STI... but those are way too much, and i don't want to spend the money on a car i don't like.

Chris