4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Technosquare ECU Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 09:42 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Technosquare ECU Upgrade

Hey guys I was wondering where I could get the Technosquare ECU Upgrade from.. And how does it work... Do they just send out the chip or do I send in the whole ECU... Also when you put the ecu back in the MAX should it be ready to run.. I dont want to screw my car up with the Technosquare ECU Upgrade. I want it to still run good. I just dont want to have to do a lot of tunnning in and stuff i guess. Thanks Rich
Old 02-03-2004, 09:46 AM
Boosted like Snipes tax refund

Originally Posted by stang233
Hey guys I was wondering where I could get the Technosquare ECU Upgrade from.. And how does it work... Do they just send out the chip or do I send in the whole ECU... Also when you put the ecu back in the MAX should it be ready to run.. I dont want to screw my car up with the Technosquare ECU Upgrade. I want it to still run good. I just dont want to have to do a lot of tunnning in and stuff i guess. Thanks Rich
1. www.technosquareinc.com

2. You send in your entire ECU (Warning-- If you have a 99 Max, you will be without your car 3-5 days unless you buy a brand new ECU to replace your NVIS equipped ECU for that time period AND get keys programmed...)

3. The Max wont just run when you replace the ECU... it roars. Performance and featureset should be on par with the JWT ECU 9only they don't make one for the 99 Max...)

4. No tuning required. A caveat, however. Should you become boosted (i.e., Supercharged, turbocharged, or nitrous, you will need the ECU re-programmed, (timing and fuel map adjustments must be made...)
Old 02-03-2004, 09:52 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Thanks man

Thanks for your input... Dang 600 bones.. More than I was expecting, you all think its really worth it.... So i have a 97 I know about the whole check engine light thing I just still purchase what is called the 95-96. Thanks guys Later
Old 02-03-2004, 09:53 AM
ABK

1. yeah
2. yeah, and no they don't have ECUs yet made for 98-99 maxes, and you will be without your car for 5 days anyways.
3. JWT and Technosquare are not the same, JWT is better for mevi applications because of the extended redline. People without MEVI prefer Techno.
4. Unlike JWT, Technosquare doesn't tune the computer for you specifications, I think.
Old 02-03-2004, 09:59 AM
Boosted like Snipes tax refund

Originally Posted by ABK
1. yeah
2. yeah, and no they don't have ECUs yet made for 98-99 maxes, and you will be without your car for 5 days anyways.
3. JWT and Technosquare are not the same, JWT is better for mevi applications because of the extended redline. People without MEVI prefer Techno.
4. Unlike JWT, Technosquare doesn't tune the computer for you specifications, I think.
By 1. i meant that a lot of pre-99 Max owners just buy a ECU temporarily for use while theirs has been shipped out for an upgrade. 99 Max owners with NVIS can only do that if they pay the cost to replace the ECU and get keys programmed (twice!)

I've spoken with Danny Lee of Technosquare, who states that the fuel ratio and timing map are optimized (according to whatever mods you specify unless you can bring the car in), any speed limiters are removed, and the redline is extended.
As far as i can tell, that's the full extent of the JWT ECU upgrade as well. Correct me if i'm wrong.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:10 AM
Old Maxima Legend

are they able to extend the redline now ?
Old 02-03-2004, 10:13 AM
ABK

last time I checked they didn't do 98-99 they were trying to break them, and that was like a week ago. And they were working on taking off the rev limiters I think.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:23 AM

i dont think they program the 98-99. if you have a 97 like me then you have to buy a 96 or 95 ecu and send it to them. IMO it is much easier to buy a new ECU for 80 bucks or so and keep your old one and send the new one in to be reprogrammed. this way you don't have to let your car sit for 3 or 4 days and you can check your CEL codes if they do appear. also look in the group deal section. i believe there is still a deal going on. i will most likely be selling my technosquare ECU in the summer if you can wait that long. but i am still not sure yet

Ceasar congrats on max of the month
Old 02-03-2004, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by ABK
And they were working on taking off the rev limiters I think.
I emailed them about this weeks ago, with no response. When they do offer an ECU with an extended rev limiter, I'll be all over it
Old 02-03-2004, 11:06 AM
ejj
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by RichMax
I've spoken with Danny Lee of Technosquare, who states that the fuel ratio and timing map are optimized (according to whatever mods you specify unless you can bring the car in), any speed limiters are removed, and the redline is extended.
As far as i can tell, that's the full extent of the JWT ECU upgrade as well. Correct me if i'm wrong.
JWT can re-program your ECU for upgrades injectors and MAF as well.
Old 02-03-2004, 11:18 AM
Custom User Title

Originally Posted by RichMax
1. www.technosquareinc.com

2. You send in your entire ECU (Warning-- If you have a 99 Max, you will be without your car 3-5 days unless you buy a brand new ECU to replace your NVIS equipped ECU for that time period AND get keys programmed...)

3. The Max wont just run when you replace the ECU... it roars. Performance and featureset should be on par with the JWT ECU 9only they don't make one for the 99 Max...)

4. No tuning required. A caveat, however. Should you become boosted (i.e., Supercharged, turbocharged, or nitrous, you will need the ECU re-programmed, (timing and fuel map adjustments must be made...)
What is NVIS anyways?
Old 02-03-2004, 11:21 AM
ejj
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by ImStockBaby
What is NVIS anyways?
Nissan Vehicle Immobilizer System, IIRC. Its the "chip in the key" anti-theft technology. You can't start the car if the code in the key doesn't match the code in the ECU.