4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Does anyone have and MSD Ignition stuff in their car?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2004, 05:58 PM

Does anyone have and MSD Ignition stuff in their car?

Well i just got my MSD ignition in mail the other week, and i was woundering is anyone using any MSD stuff, cause they have alot of stuff that we can use on our cars. But its preaty expencive.
Old 02-20-2004, 06:13 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

What MSD stuff works on our max?

Originally Posted by maxima98vspec
Well i just got my MSD ignition in mail the other week, and i was woundering is anyone using any MSD stuff, cause they have alot of stuff that we can use on our cars. But its preaty expencive.
Old 02-20-2004, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by 1MAX2NV
What MSD stuff works on our max?
im not sure off top of my head, i don't have the magazine with me, but they have like a multi spark something, and something where it muliplies ur spark.....and some of these can just wire into the coil packs and the battery... il find out what they are called, how much they are,how they work and il post it as soon as i get home from work.
Old 02-20-2004, 06:33 PM

The digital DIS Ignitions controls
"the late model engines with distributorless ignitions (DIS), such as the mustang's 4.6 modular engine, mitsubishi eclipse or the buick 3.8 l turbo of the late 80's can take advantage of the MSD performance with these digital DIS ignition controls. These capacitive discharge ignitions feather multi-sparks, rev limiters and a timing control. The Dis ignitions are engineered with the latest in digital science including power MOSFET technology and efficient IGBT coil drivers. The feathers of the ignitions are managed by a 15 MHZ microcontroller for extremely fast compensations and decisions. Inb the end this creates a incredibly accurate spark delivery, rev limiters and timing functions. The multi-channel design of the MSD DIS ignitions saturdate each coil pack with 470 volts and up to 115 millijoule of spark energy. This creates more efficient combustion in the cylinders to produce more power. Throttle response and mid range pull are also improved due to a seriouse ofpowerful multiple sparks that last for 20deg.of crankshaft rotation"

that's what the info on the item said, sorry i found the book in my backpack.... i don't know the price i let the price chart at home but im thinking round 500. and i believe cause MSD has bin making some quality products.
Old 02-20-2004, 09:05 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

Doesn't work. I called them about a year ago about it. The stacker doesn't work on our car either.

Originally Posted by maxima98vspec
The digital DIS Ignitions controls
"the late model engines with distributorless ignitions (DIS), such as the mustang's 4.6 modular engine, mitsubishi eclipse or the buick 3.8 l turbo of the late 80's can take advantage of the MSD performance with these digital DIS ignition controls. These capacitive discharge ignitions feather multi-sparks, rev limiters and a timing control. The Dis ignitions are engineered with the latest in digital science including power MOSFET technology and efficient IGBT coil drivers. The feathers of the ignitions are managed by a 15 MHZ microcontroller for extremely fast compensations and decisions. Inb the end this creates a incredibly accurate spark delivery, rev limiters and timing functions. The multi-channel design of the MSD DIS ignitions saturdate each coil pack with 470 volts and up to 115 millijoule of spark energy. This creates more efficient combustion in the cylinders to produce more power. Throttle response and mid range pull are also improved due to a seriouse ofpowerful multiple sparks that last for 20deg.of crankshaft rotation"

that's what the info on the item said, sorry i found the book in my backpack.... i don't know the price i let the price chart at home but im thinking round 500. and i believe cause MSD has bin making some quality products.
Old 02-20-2004, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by 1MAX2NV
Doesn't work. I called them about a year ago about it.
The stacker doesn't work on our car either.
how come is that, did u ask them if they had anyhting that worked for us

well i donno....its seems like it would work sence its just hooking up to our coil packs i will call them and see what they said