4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Going 12's

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 08:24 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Very true, I plan on breaking into 12's or 13's soon. I am running a 70 shot(wet), full exhaust, drop resistor, cai, ground wires and soon mevi and udp, yes i will be sprating out of the hole.

Tampamax- no i wasnt making excuses, thats exactly the route i wanted to follow
Old 03-03-2004, 08:32 AM
Blu
the tits

Originally Posted by ilumo
i always knew JiMe could do 12.1. His was one of the first setups i researched. but his isnt daily driver 12s! which i assumed the threadstarter was looking for. N20 is cheap, i agree, but it s just too inconvient for everyday use =P

Im not back peddling... if someone can do 12's (20-30 passes) with that 1200$ setup... ill still in... so until i see those slips, im not YET

also, the 114 gas counts, and refilling the bottle too =P
I did it already in a full weight stock Automatic on pump gas 93 octane but im not a 4th gen.
Mods:
WSP y-pipe: $200
WSP b-pipe: $150
UR UDP: $170
ZEX wet 100 shot(used): $275
A/F guage: $50
Dyno runs to make sure its safe: $50
MT 22x8x15: $290

12.9@106 with a spinning 2.0 60' approx 3426 with me in the car
Old 03-03-2004, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by blubyu2k2
I did it already in a full weight stock Automatic on pump gas 93 octane but im not a 4th gen.
thats a BIG difference
Old 03-03-2004, 09:28 AM

Actually mine is a daily driver, its been our only car since Oct 03. 99% of the time it has a car seat in rear for my Grandaughter, can't get much more daily than that.

Also, lets clear up some myths here.

1. Race gas does not make you go faster, its used to keep detonation at bay. Regardless I didn't say I need it to run 12's, I said I used to to run 12.1 with a 150 shot.

2. Its very easy to run 12's once you know how, its just like anything else. A large part of it is suspension setup, again, once you know how, its easy.

3. Also anyone who goes to a track without slicks is just spinning their tires. (literally). Even blubyu2k2 uses them. Its a RACE track, use RACE tires.

4. Actually I think I could run 12's on less than $1000 but then that wasn't my goal.
Old 03-03-2004, 09:39 AM
Blu
the tits

Originally Posted by Jime

3. Also anyone who goes to a track without slicks is just spinning their tires. (literally). Even blubyu2k2 uses them. Its a RACE track, use RACE tires.
I couldn't agree more.
Old 03-03-2004, 10:41 AM

Actually mine is a daily driver, its been our only car since Oct 03. 99% of the time it has a car seat in rear for my Grandaughter, can't get much more daily than that.

Also, lets clear up some myths here.

1. Race gas does not make you go faster, its used to keep detonation at bay. Regardless I didn't say I need it to run 12's, I said I used to to run 12.1 with a 150 shot.

2. Its very easy to run 12's once you know how, its just like anything else. A large part of it is suspension setup, again, once you know how, its easy.

4. Actually I think I could run 12's on less than $1000 but then that wasn't my goal.
1. I never said it did. I know what higher octane is for.

2. I agree.

3. NOT true. I know of many people getting < 2.1 for 60ft times with STREET tires. Maybe not maximas, but going to the track definately does NOT necessitate slicks.

4. Like my previous posts stated. You can run 12's in ANY car with N20. but I beleive that the poster wanted a car that had the "12 sec" power on tap (not RACE prep). No purging, no warming up bottles, no refilling, no nothing. Just press on the pedal, and whoop, theres your power.

I didnt say anything about your car NOT being a daily driver. But I doubt you can get the 12's on street trim with pump gas, and not hurt any drivetrain parts.

I have nothing against N20. but I'm just stating my views, and probably the views of the poster.
Old 03-03-2004, 10:59 AM
Blu
the tits

1. I never said it did. I know what higher octane is for.

2. I agree.

3. NOT true. I know of many people getting < 2.1 for 60ft times with STREET tires. Maybe not maximas, but going to the track definately does NOT necessitate slicks.

4. Like my previous posts stated. You can run 12's in ANY car with N20. but I beleive that the poster wanted a car that had the "12 sec" power on tap (not RACE prep). No purging, no warming up bottles, no refilling, no nothing. Just press on the pedal, and whoop, theres your power.

I didnt say anything about your car NOT being a daily driver. But I doubt you can get the 12's on street trim with pump gas, and not hurt any drivetrain parts.

I have nothing against N20. but I'm just stating my views, and probably the views of the poster.
I'll skip 1 and 2, onto

3. Yes it is true if you are on street tires you will not even come close to the 60's you can achieve on slicks therefor your are spinning. I have pulled as low as 2.13 60' in my auto max on my 18's, but the next run I slap on the slicks and get a 1.9-2.0 60' with nothing else changed but the tire setup.

4. I just laugh every time I hear someone say that. You can't run 12's in any car with the addition of N20 but if you believe that then more power too you. Proof of that there are 100's of org members that have nitrous setups and not even 3 of them run 12's. Sure with an unreasonable budget you can take any car and build it to handle nitrous but not every car as you say can run enough nitrous to make a 12 sec pass or even close to it. It seems everytime you make a claim of something not doable and its proven it is you add something esle. Now its 12's in street trim, pump gas without hurting drivetrain parts? Whats next?
Old 03-03-2004, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by ABK
you need like 6 grand. Including turbo, you better have 5spd, good clutch, slicks, maybe weight reduction of some sort, and maybe Nitrous to get low 12s
i have spent well over that. and i hope to be in the twelves when i go to the track. but spending the money still doesn't make it fast unless everything you put togehter works. do you know how many sleepless nights i had trying to figure out whats wrong? , and lost money in trouble shooting.
Old 03-03-2004, 11:09 AM

I'll skip 1 and 2, onto

3. Yes it is true if you are on street tires you will not even come close to the 60's you can achieve on slicks therefor your are spinning. I have pulled as low as 2.13 60' in my auto max on my 18's, but the next run I slap on the slicks and get a 1.9-2.0 60' with nothing else changed but the tire setup.

4. I just laugh every time I hear someone say that. You can't run 12's in any car with the addition of N20 but if you believe that then more power too you. Proof of that there are 100's of org members that have nitrous setups and not even 3 of them run 12's. Sure with an unreasonable budget you can take any car and build it to handle nitrous but not every car as you say can run enough nitrous to make a 12 sec pass or even close to it. It seems everytime you make a claim of something not doable and its proven it is you add something esle. Now its 12's in street trim, pump gas without hurting drivetrain parts? Whats next?
Matt, if its truly streetable and to fit the criteria, my old lady should be to run 12's with both legs cut off and her hands tied behind her back. Oh ya, in reverse.
Old 03-03-2004, 11:14 AM

I'll skip 1 and 2, onto

4. laugh away then. there's 100's of org members running N20... but, only 3 of them in the 12's? wow... WHY is that? its so cheap right, for 1200$, you can get a 12 sec car. I just find it funny that you are preaching how cheap it is, and how reliable it can be... but SO LITTLE people have done it.
Come on now... wasnt the whole point of your arguments ... you can run 12's reliably with nitrous for < $1200.
You run cheap, you are going to EFF something up. Im SURE that those hundreds of people who have N20 and have run on the track are EDUCATED, and know that its not as simple as you say it is... or else, guess what, we would have 100+ org members in the 12s. now don't make excuses saying, well their goals aren't 12s, etc etc... if you can get 12's for 1200$, A LOT MORE people would be doing it...
You can also preach all you want about JIMEs time, but I beleive that his car is a freak, being able to handle all that stress from the repeated hard launchs, and nitrous shots.

Anyway... I'm not adding anything... I just thought those things were given. Who wants a car you can only run 12s at the track. I believe the POSTER was asking more for daily drivable power... hence my arguments.

If hes just asking for straight up drag racing, at the track... fine, go N20.
Old 03-03-2004, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by C MAX
i have spent well over that. and i hope to be in the twelves when i go to the track. but spending the money still doesn't make it fast unless everything you put togehter works. do you know how many sleepless nights i had trying to figure out whats wrong? , and lost money in trouble shooting.
yes... if you want DAILY DRIVABLE power, and power on tap. Forced induction is the best way to go. its a lot mroe expensive.. but hey... you gott apay to play right. if not.. just go n2O
Old 03-03-2004, 11:31 AM
Blu
the tits

4. laugh away then. there's 100's of org members running N20... but, only 3 of them in the 12's? wow... WHY is that? its so cheap right, for 1200$, you can get a 12 sec car. I just find it funny that you are preaching how cheap it is, and how reliable it can be... but SO LITTLE people have done it.
Come on now... wasnt the whole point of your arguments ... you can run 12's reliably with nitrous for < $1200.
You run cheap, you are going to EFF something up. Im SURE that those hundreds of people who have N20 and have run on the track are EDUCATED, and know that its not as simple as you say it is... or else, guess what, we would have 100+ org members in the 12s. now don't make excuses saying, well their goals aren't 12s, etc etc... if you can get 12's for 1200$, A LOT MORE people would be doing it...
You can also preach all you want about JIMEs time, but I beleive that his car is a freak, being able to handle all that stress from the repeated hard launchs, and nitrous shots.
You just proved your own statement wrong by saying that any car with N20 can run 12's. And yes for $1200 in mods you can have a 12 sec Maxima. I've done it, Jime has done it, SR20DEN has done it why can't everyone else? Perhaps it might be b/c they can't drive? Or running on street tires? There are lots of variables but for $1200 in mods a Maxima can run 12's. Now onto why people choose not to run nitrous is b/c of people like you making it sound all dangerous. You will not EFF anything up if installed correctly to spec and have a little brain and understand how nitrous functions. I have no reason to make excuses for the others I know whats possible and what isn't. A manual Maxima with exhaust and a 100 shot on slicks will run 12's. A properly launched Auto with a 100 shot and exhaust on slicks will run 12's but might need a little weight reduction for previous 02 years. If you choose not too dyno the car and someone tune it which isnt really needed for a wet kit is totally up to the owner. Case in point a nitrous Maxima with exhaust and slicks will run 12's. If you choose to run the kit out of spec as far as timing, and to much nitrous on stock fuel pump/pressure then thats also the owners fault if anything EFF's up, but you have to do the same things for other forms of FI so thats a given.
Old 03-03-2004, 11:34 AM
Blu
the tits

yes... if you want DAILY DRIVABLE power, and power on tap. Forced induction is the best way to go. its a lot mroe expensive.. but hey... you gott apay to play right. if not.. just go n2O
wasn't the point of this thread running 12's at the track? What does daily drivable power have to do with the track...he isn't asking about street racing power
Old 03-03-2004, 11:36 AM
living out of a maxima...

You run cheap, you are going to EFF something up.
No, I think if you run stupid, you F something up.
Im SURE that those hundreds of people who have N20 and have run on the track are EDUCATED, and know that its not as simple as you say it is... or else, guess what, we would have 100+ org members in the 12s. now don't make excuses saying, well their goals aren't 12s, etc etc... if you can get 12's for 1200$, A LOT MORE people would be doing it...
I disagree. Personally I could care less what my car runs with nitrous, on slicks, at the track. Jime wants a drag car on the weekends and a daily driver during the week, so this is his setup. I want a fast car all week long, so the $1200 12 sec 1/4 mile isn't for me. I'm sure if more .org members wanted hardcore drag racing maximas, you'd see more 12 second 1/4 miles.
Now that's logical.
Anyway... I'm not adding anything... I just thought those things were given. Who wants a car you can only run 12s at the track. I believe the POSTER was asking more for daily drivable power... hence my arguments.

If hes just asking for straight up drag racing, at the track... fine, go N20.
Originally Posted by tampamax
So what would you guys spend to get your car in the 12's on a 1/4 mile pass? And how much time and trouble would you be willing to go through to get there?
Actually I believe the 1/4 mile track is exactly what he's asking about.
Old 03-03-2004, 11:47 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Anyone can run 12's for very little money without stressing your car to its limits. Thats been my goal right from the start.

BTW I just picked up my 2k2 SE Auto tonight to race for this season so we will see how it performs with almost the same mods very soon.
Jime,
What do you think of putting nitrous on a car with 135K miles, auto tranny?
Is it worth it, or should I wait to do it on the next one (5th gen)?
Old 03-03-2004, 11:51 AM
Blu
the tits

Originally Posted by Maciek
Jime,
What do you think of putting nitrous on a car with 135K miles, auto tranny?
Is it worth it, or should I wait to do it on the next one (5th gen)?
My buddy Brian (BJJ on the org) has like 185k and he is running nitrous. Just for reference he ran a 13.7@104 with an 85 shot on street tires with like a 2.3 60'. 5 speeds are easily capable of pulling 1.8 60's so on slicks another 12 sec maxima with nitrous, intake and exhaust.
Old 03-03-2004, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by JeffesonM
No, I think if you run stupid, you F something up.I disagree. Personally I could care less what my car runs with nitrous, on slicks, at the track. Jime wants a drag car on the weekends and a daily driver during the week, so this is his setup. I want a fast car all week long, so the $1200 12 sec 1/4 mile isn't for me. I'm sure if more .org members wanted hardcore drag racing maximas, you'd see more 12 second 1/4 miles.Now that's logical.
Actually I believe the 1/4 mile track is exactly what he's asking about.

1.Well, a lot of the times, people "cut corners" and try to save money. So I guess thats being STUPID, huh.

2.Well, then you dont care. whoopie. I've heard enough people complaining about their track times to know that theres more than a few WILLING to spend 1200$ to go 12's... if its as easy as that.

3. Logical? You think we have bulletproof trannies? Dump your clutch at a high rpm to get those <1.9 sec 60 fts, and see how your tranny feels. You'll be lucky if you eff up your clutch first. If you are auto, I dont know... but the 250+ ft/lbs coupled with the torque multiplcation sure isnt a good thing for it either. Theres a reason why people tell you to slip your clutch, and not drop it... fragile trannies... but if you want those 1.9's, you better slip it at 6k

4. Then my reply, go N20
Old 03-03-2004, 12:01 PM

Once again the ORG has prevented me from studying for my test in 2 mins...

damn you guys!
Old 03-03-2004, 12:02 PM
living out of a maxima...

1.Well, a lot of the times, people "cut corners" and try to save money. So I guess thats being STUPID, huh.
Yes, you blow up your engine by cutting corners, whether by lack of knowledge, poor tuning or buying cheap parts. All fall under stupidity in my book.
2.Well, then you dont care. whoopie. I've heard enough people complaining about their track times to know that theres more than a few WILLING to spend 1200$ to go 12's... if its as easy as that.
Well there's not a giant 12 Second Quarter Mile vending machine that you just shove $1200 into... it also takes knowledge and driving skill. Not everyone has all the prerequisites.
3. Logical? You think we have bulletproof trannies? Dump your clutch at a high rpm to get those <1.9 sec 60 fts, and see how your tranny feels. You'll be lucky if you eff up your clutch first. If you are auto, I dont know... but the 250+ ft/lbs coupled with the torque multiplcation sure isnt a good thing for it either. Theres a reason why people tell you to slip your clutch, and not drop it... fragile trannies... but if you want those 1.9's, you better slip it at 6k
I didn't say the tranny was bulletproof, and I didn't claim that drag racing was good for it. I just don't think it's logical to attribute Jime's time to a "factory freak". I guess we'll see what times he pulls in his 02, maybe he'll be lucky enough to get another factory freak.
4. Then my reply, go N20
No need to pout.
Old 03-03-2004, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by JeffesonM
Yes, you blow up your engine by cutting corners, whether by lack of knowledge, poor tuning or buying cheap parts. All fall under stupidity in my book.Well there's not a giant 12 Second Quarter Mile vending machine that you just shove $1200 into... it also takes knowledge and driving skill. Not everyone has all the prerequisites. I didn't say the tranny was bulletproof, and I didn't claim that drag racing was good for it. I just don't think it's logical to attribute Jime's time to a "factory freak". I guess we'll see what times he pulls in his 02, maybe he'll be lucky enough to get another factory freak.No need to pout.

thats not pouting... that s 'rolling my eyes'
In anycase, I just don't want the noobs thinking, ohh wow... 1200$, i can get a 12 sec car! I'm letting them know about the downfalls of trying to acheive that time with so little money. Without proper knowledge, these guys are going to put a 100 shot, detonate like hell, and blow up their engine... If it can be done for 1200$, please someone do a writeup, with all the necessary steps, all the necessary precautions, and other information pertaining to a correct and reliable setup.
For me, im sticking with a $4000 '12 sec at all times' upgrade...
Old 03-03-2004, 12:14 PM
Blu
the tits

thats not pouting... that s 'rolling my eyes'
In anycase, I just don't want the noobs thinking, ohh wow... 1200$, i can get a 12 sec car! I'm letting them know about the downfalls of trying to acheive that time with so little money. Without proper knowledge, these guys are going to put a 100 shot, detonate like hell, and blow up their engine... If it can be done for 1200$, please someone do a writeup, with all the necessary steps, all the necessary precautions, and other information pertaining to a correct and reliable setup.
For me, im sticking with a $4000 '12 sec at all times' upgrade...
Please list your setup ... I already listed mine above as well as Jime.
Old 03-03-2004, 12:17 PM

We will all be waiting to see your times slips. Many other people have been there and done that already too. Many have spend a whole lot more than a measly $4k too and still can't run 12's.
Old 03-03-2004, 12:18 PM

Please list your setup ... I already listed mine above as well as Jime.
My setup is in my sig. but fine,let me list it here as well.
Performance:

Middle Eastern Variable Intake
Cattman SS Y-pipe
ClutchMasters Stage 3 Clutch
Denso Iridium Spark Plugs
Infinity I30t VLSD tranny
Infinity I30t Axles
JWT Popcharger Intake
Random Technology Cat
Stillen Flywheel
Stillen B-pipe
Stillen Rear Exhaust
Stillen Short-throw shifter
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
Vortech V1 Supercharger
2.75" Supercharger Pulley
XS Intercooler with HKS Skyline Endtanks "BIG"
2.75 inch piping
3.5 inch cold air intake with filter
Blitz Blowoff Valve
ASP Stainless steel pully tensioner and idler pulley
Gatorback pulley belt
Vortech FUel Management Unit with recal kit
AEM Adjustable Fuel Pressure regulator
Apexi Super Air Flow Controller
370cc 300zxTT fuel injectors

Have a WSP 3" full exhaust waiting for me, but dont know if im putting it on. we'll see. I plan on ~350 +whp. and expecting traps of 110+. plenty for 12 sec times. Now, if I dare use slicks and risk my tranny. we'll see.
Old 03-03-2004, 12:25 PM
Blu
the tits

Performance:

Cattman SS Y-pipe
Infinity I30t Axles
JWT Popcharger Intake
Random Technology Cat
Stillen Flywheel
Stillen B-pipe
Stillen Rear Exhaust
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
Vortech V1 Supercharger
2.75 inch piping
Blitz Blowoff Valve
Gatorback pulley belt

Have a WSP 3" full exhaust waiting for me, but dont know if im putting it on. we'll see.
Wow all of that for 4k...and how are you running a JWT intake and a Stillen Charger. And I don't see slicks listed so I just don't see 12's happening sorry. Mardigras barely got into the 12's on slicks with virtually the same power setup and a 1.7 60'. Actually he was running a 2.62 pulley and with N20 and the little torque boost he got from it he saw 11's...I know N20
Old 03-03-2004, 12:26 PM
ejj

we'll see. I plan on ~350 +whp. and expecting traps of 110+. plenty for 12 sec times. Now, if I dare use slicks and risk my tranny. we'll see.
Without slicks I'm sure you won't hit 12's.
Old 03-03-2004, 12:32 PM

Don't bother going to the track you can become a Dyno Queen and brag even more.
Old 03-03-2004, 12:32 PM

Wow all of that for 4k...and how are you running a JWT intake and a Stillen Charger. And I don't see slicks listed so I just don't see 12's happening sorry. Mardigras barely got into the 12's on slicks with virtually the same power setup and a 1.7 60'. Actually he was running a 2.62 pulley and with N20 and the little torque boost he got from it he saw 11's...I know N20
no. 4k was my S/C setup. The stillen popcharger was when I was N/A. i didnt take that off. for the S/C its just a CAI.

He didnt have an intercooler, I do. He had his N20 for that. a 2.62 pulley is almost worthless, because according to the Vortech site you would be overspinning your S/C at 6500 with the 2.87" pully. with a 2.62 and the mevi, it wont be much more efficient at those higher RPMs.
I am sure, with slicks I can get 12s. I have more than enough Torque to get me there at the higher Rpms. I just need traction.
Old 03-03-2004, 12:33 PM

Don't bother going to the track you can become a Dyno Queen and brag even more.
Where do you get the NOTION that I am bragging??? You asked for my setup. I gave it to you. Thats that. Im not saying i'm faster than everyone, Im not saying im better. sheesh.
Old 03-03-2004, 12:36 PM

Where do you get the NOTION that I am bragging??? You asked for my setup. I gave it to you. Thats that. Im not saying i'm faster than everyone, Im not saying im better. sheesh.
I never asked for your setup, I asked for your timeslip. Thats where the rubber hits the road.
Old 03-03-2004, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by ejj
Without slicks I'm sure you won't hit 12's.
I know... but I dont want to risk my virgin tranny with slicks... but maybe with heavier 18's and some wide grippy tires, I could get more traction.
Old 03-03-2004, 12:39 PM

I never asked for your setup, I asked for your timeslip. Thats where the rubber hits the road.
You was plural, and was refering to you and blu, and jefferson, etc. And yes, I plan to hit the tracks once my setup is finalized. I still have much learning and experimentation to do... And once I hit the 12's, i'll give you the timeslips
Old 03-03-2004, 12:40 PM
Blu
the tits

no. 4k was my S/C setup. The stillen popcharger was when I was N/A. i didnt take that off. for the S/C its just a CAI.

He didnt have an intercooler, I do. He had his N20 for that. a 2.62 pulley is almost worthless, because according to the Vortech site you would be overspinning your S/C at 6500 with the 2.87" pully. with a 2.62 and the mevi, it wont be much more efficient at those higher RPMs.
I am sure, with slicks I can get 12s. I have more than enough Torque to get me there at the higher Rpms. I just need traction.
Good lord this is getting rediculious. IC's have proven to not be too affective on SC'er setups hince why no one has them. Now the 2.62 pulley is worthless even though he was seeing 15psi its worthless. According to Vortech your 2.75 pulley is also worthless . And Stillen SC'ers don't make very much torque the last time I checked. Without slicks you won't touch 12's and like I said before Mardigas barely hit 12's on slicks making more power than anyone on this board(SC'er setups) WITHOUT N20.
Old 03-03-2004, 12:42 PM
ejj

The stillen popcharger was when I was N/A. i didnt take that off. for the S/C its just a CAI.
Woah. You're going to use the Stillen "popcharger" filter for your SC? You won't get close to 12's then...maybe even with slicks.

That fliter doesn't flow NEARLY enough to support 10 or 12psi.
Old 03-03-2004, 12:53 PM

Good lord this is getting rediculious. IC's have proven to not be too affective on SC'er setups hince why no one has them. Now the 2.62 pulley is worthless even though he was seeing 15psi its worthless. According to Vortech your 2.75 pulley is also worthless . And Stillen SC'ers don't make very much torque the last time I checked. Without slicks you won't touch 12's and like I said before Mardigas barely hit 12's on slicks making more power than anyone on this board(SC'er setups) WITHOUT N20.
RIIIIGHT... I have a dyno right here in front of me, of a 2000 max with an addition of an Air to air IC, and it gave them 30+ hp to the WHEELS. Please show me a DYNO of someone with a BEFORE and after with a FMIC. If you dont beleive me, go look at the July 2002 HCI with the maxima article.
Of course you wont need an IC at lower boost levels. your intake air temps are not that hot. Once you get into double digit boosts, the Intake air will be much greater from the compression. I dont know if anyone measured the temps for a 2.87 pulley, but im sure its exponentially higher than that of a 3.25, 3.125 pullys. POint being, when you get to those levels, an IC is definately WARRANTED.

The Stillen S/C wont be making as much as a turbo, duhhh, but it is ENOUGH to propel a 2900 lb car to the 12s. And did I say i would do 12s WITHOUT slicks? NO.
with the 2.75 and at 6500 rpm, I will be just over the 50k limit vortech has for their impeller speeds. ANd they said theres more headroom, but dont know how much more. 2.62 pully @ 7200 rpm with a 6" crank pulley is pushing it I think.
+15 psi if hot expanded air isnt that good. It will probably be as much as my 12-13 psi of intercooled air. his N20 probably offset that though. But this is not a ****ing match, i dont care... I am just confidant that i will reach the 12's.. with or without slicks.
Old 03-03-2004, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by ejj
Woah. You're going to use the Stillen "popcharger" filter for your SC? You won't get close to 12's then...maybe even with slicks.

That fliter doesn't flow NEARLY enough to support 10 or 12psi.
sigh.. maybe i didnt make myself clean.. I meant I didnt take the popcharger off the list, not the car. its the 3.5 CAI , wtih a big filter... want to see?

thats the "filter" im talking about.
Old 03-03-2004, 01:00 PM
Blu
the tits

RIIIIGHT... I have a dyno right here in front of me, of a 2000 max with an addition of an Air to air IC, and it gave them 30+ hp to the WHEELS. Please show me a DYNO of someone with a BEFORE and after with a FMIC. If you dont beleive me, go look at the July 2002 HCI with the maxima article.
Of course you wont need an IC at lower boost levels. your intake air temps are not that hot. Once you get into double digit boosts, the Intake air will be much greater from the compression. I dont know if anyone measured the temps for a 2.87 pulley, but im sure its exponentially higher than that of a 3.25, 3.125 pullys. POint being, when you get to those levels, an IC is definately WARRANTED.

The Stillen S/C wont be making as much as a turbo, duhhh, but it is ENOUGH to propel a 2900 lb car to the 12s. And did I say i would do 12s WITHOUT slicks? NO.
with the 2.75 and at 6500 rpm, I will be just over the 50k limit vortech has for their impeller speeds. ANd they said theres more headroom, but dont know how much more. 2.62 pully @ 7200 rpm with a 6" crank pulley is pushing it I think.
+15 psi if hot expanded air isnt that good. It will probably be as much as my 12-13 psi of intercooled air. his N20 probably offset that though. But this is not a ****ing match, i dont care... I am just confidant that i will reach the 12's.. with or without slicks.
As long as your confident so how long will it be before you prove us all wrong?
Old 03-03-2004, 01:08 PM

As long as your confident so how long will it be before you prove us all wrong?
Hopefully before time
Just joking... I want to make this as reliable as possible, so Im taking my time. I have everything needed for the install, except im debating on which injectors to use 370cc or greater. greater means I will needa piggyback ecu to control the injector flow. which is more $$ but I plan on installing everything in another month or so. so 1/4 times probably a month after my install, because I need to tune it too.
Old 03-03-2004, 01:17 PM

Performance:

Cattman SS Y-pipe
Infinity I30t Axles
JWT Popcharger Intake
Random Technology Cat
Stillen Flywheel
Stillen B-pipe
Stillen Rear Exhaust
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
Vortech V1 Supercharger
2.75 inch piping
Blitz Blowoff Valve
Gatorback pulley belt

Have a WSP 3" full exhaust waiting for me, but dont know if im putting it on. we'll see. I plan on ~350 +whp. and expecting traps of 110+. plenty for 12 sec times. Now, if I dare use slicks and risk my tranny. we'll see.
Hmm there isn't a 2.75 pulley and when was there a 3.5" cold air, I thought the big one was 3"

Please advise
Old 03-03-2004, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Cutlr7
Hmm there isn't a 2.75 pulley and when was there a 3.5" cold air, I thought the big one was 3"

Please advise
Sigh... I guess Im a horrible typer. Its the 2.87" then. and the intake piping is indeed 3.5" in diameter. BIG ****, no need to taper there
Old 03-03-2004, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by tampamax
Would it really take 4k to get into the 12's?

What if you could do it for almost half that?
No it wouldnt take that much to get there. That much could do it, but it can also be done for much cheaper too, as long as you know what you're doing.