4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Dropzone strut any good????

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 11:07 PM

Dropzone strut any good????

found this set of dropzone strut/spring auction on ebay for $369.00, it seems like a good price, just wanted to know how good they are, does anyone have this set, or dropzone struts at all. Just want to know about the quality performance and durability. I hear alt of bad stories on some kyg struts and tokiko struts about blowouts and such.Dropzone
Old 03-03-2004, 01:24 PM

***Bump***
anyone with this set up or know anything about dropzone struts, i really need some suspension work but i can afford 600+ for struts. i dont take agressive turns so i dont need some extravagent struts
Old 03-03-2004, 01:27 PM
Hooooooonda.....

Get ST struts. They have them on ebay for like $300 with sprint springs. Or look for ST struts on google, $38 a piece.
Old 03-03-2004, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Big D
Get ST struts. They have them on ebay for like $300 with sprint springs. Or look for ST struts on google, $38 a piece.
dead tired after an 18 hour shift
Ive seen the ST strut pacage deal as well, i was just as curious as to how good they are, do you or anybody actually have these, how is the ride quality, durability and are you satisfied with them i need info before i drop 300+ on these
Old 03-03-2004, 03:11 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Magikone69
dead tired after an 18 hour shift
Ive seen the ST strut pacage deal as well, i was just as curious as to how good they are, do you or anybody actually have these, how is the ride quality, durability and are you satisfied with them i need info before i drop 300+ on these
Go with Illuminas... I've heard that they have the best ride quaility. I'm working with a guy right now to set-up a Group Deal for the Illuminas at $425 Shipped. Good luck on you suspension kit. I should have the Group Deal set-up within the day or so. Take it easy.

-S9
Old 03-03-2004, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Scott_98Max
Go with Illuminas... I've heard that they have the best ride quaility. I'm working with a guy right now to set-up a Group Deal for the Illuminas at $425 Shipped. Good luck on you suspension kit. I should have the Group Deal set-up within the day or so. Take it easy.

-S9
that sounds like a good deal but i dont think it would inlclude springs right, i mean under 300 for shocks and springs sounds like a great deal, i would hate to pass it up unless they are ****ty quality wich im guessing they are since no one is responding to this post, any other suggestions
Old 03-03-2004, 09:43 PM

-S9
that sounds like a good deal but i dont think it would inlclude springs right, i mean under 300 for shocks and springs sounds like a great deal, i would hate to pass it up unless they are ****ty quality wich im guessing they are since no one is responding to this post, any other suggestions
Old 03-03-2004, 09:52 PM
Hooooooonda.....

-S9
Did you even read what he wrote? He can't spend that much.
Old 03-03-2004, 11:08 PM

***Bump***
anyone with this set up or know anything about dropzone struts, i really need some suspension work but i can afford 600+ for struts. i dont take agressive turns so i dont need some extravagent struts

Then what's this? A typo? I mean not unless I'm reading it incorrectly? You tell me. I figured that with the illuminas and springs it would be about 600+.

So my question to you would be, did you even read what he wrote?

S9
Old 03-03-2004, 11:16 PM
Hooooooonda.....

Look at the structure of the sentence. It should say CAN'T. It makes no sense with CAN. Read between the lines.
Old 03-03-2004, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Big D
Look at the structure of the sentence. It should say CAN'T. It makes no sense with CAN. Read between the lines.
Are you serious? LOL I'm assuming you've been a member for a while. You've seen the way some people type? I don't read minds. Just what they post. If there was a typo, that's what the edit button is for.

Anyway, I do see your point. It would be more correct if you add in the " 't ". But can you see where I came from on that. I've seen some pretty horrible grammar on the Org. Oh well, pointless aurgument. Take it easy Big D. I got to go to work. Later.

S9
Old 03-04-2004, 11:10 AM

Then what's this? A typo? I mean not unless I'm reading it incorrectly? You tell me. I figured that with the illuminas and springs it would be about 600+.

So my question to you would be, did you even read what he wrote?

S9
sorry man it is a typo, i can't afford 600+, not even 500+. sorry about the confusion i guess i just type so fast my fingers dont press hard enough on this d@mn keyboard.
but yeah i know the illuminas are good but add some 100-150 springs + shipping and i would be way over budget, and i have a place to do the install for 80 + me doin some computer work for him, so that would add onto the total price of the suspension money id need to spend. Total id spend for the springtech deal + install would be like $390 or so, which would be perfect or the drop zone would be 480, which is pushing it but is still decent.
Any other suggestions guys, i appreciate all of ur help , anyone else with these suspension set ups or atleast have the springs (dropzone,)
Old 03-04-2004, 12:23 PM

I don't know about the Dropzone's, but there is a group deal going on right now from Cattman on KYB struts and Progress springs for like $500. I know those are good quality.
Old 03-04-2004, 01:27 PM

sorry man it is a typo, i can't afford 600+, not even 500+. sorry about the confusion i guess i just type so fast my fingers dont press hard enough on this d@mn keyboard.
but yeah i know the illuminas are good but add some 100-150 springs + shipping and i would be way over budget, and i have a place to do the install for 80 + me doin some computer work for him, so that would add onto the total price of the suspension money id need to spend. Total id spend for the springtech deal + install would be like $390 or so, which would be perfect or the drop zone would be 480, which is pushing it but is still decent.
Any other suggestions guys, i appreciate all of ur help , anyone else with these suspension set ups or atleast have the springs (dropzone,)
No Biggy; It's all good. Good luck with your suspension. Take it easy.

-S9
Old 03-04-2004, 03:41 PM
I'm nutty for Nissans

Get Maxspeeds springs and KYB GR-2 struts.
Old 03-04-2004, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Maxima10to1
Get Maxspeeds springs and KYB GR-2 struts.
i remember reading a thread a while ago how those KYB struts are prone to blowouts in the rear, it was a pretty long thread and it went on and on with quite a few people adding in their oppinions. same with the tokico blues. i cant search so ill have to ask my friend to do a search and send me some links to the threads. thanx for the suggestion tho, and thank you everyone for helping me i really appreciate it.
any other suggestions?????
im going to check out that group buy thing and see if i can raise my budget up a bit, maybe i can find some other jobs on the side and ill go ahead and sell some computers soon.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:46 PM

i remember reading a thread a while ago how those KYB struts are prone to blowouts in the rear, it was a pretty long thread and it went on and on with quite a few people adding in their oppinions. same with the tokico blues. i cant search so ill have to ask my friend to do a search and send me some links to the threads. thanx for the suggestion tho, and thank you everyone for helping me i really appreciate it.
im going to check out that group buy thing and see if i can raise my budget up a bit, maybe i can find some other jobs on the side and ill go ahead and sell some computers soon.
Here's the link to the Group Deal/Buy:
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=291195

Again, Good luck with your suspension. Take it easy.

S9
Old 03-05-2004, 02:42 PM

Here's the link to the Group Deal/Buy:
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=291195

Again, Good luck with your suspension. Take it easy.

S9
bump***
thanx man. ill see if i get that bonus this week and i might be in, if not id have to settle for the dropzone's
Old 03-05-2004, 04:20 PM
Kevlo for President

I have never read about the GR-2's blowing in the rear. Only the Tokico Blues. BTW the GR-2's have a lifetime warrenty.
Old 03-05-2004, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by kevlo911
I have never read about the GR-2's blowing in the rear. Only the Tokico Blues. BTW the GR-2's have a lifetime warrenty.
kev i just found out about the lifetime warranty and not only that it turns out that is what my friend has on his max, i went for a spin and was impressed. Whats even better there is a GD in the GD Forum for the GR-2s for $245.00 shipped for shocks, or $380 shipped for shocks and progress springs. Ill probably just get the shocks and get the same brand spring as my friend, i believe it was sprint. His 96 max has a nice drop and it handled very well through some turns, has anyone tried both and found that the progress are actually better than the sprint, if so i might just go ahead and get the progress, total $380 is under my budget and should be better quality than the springtech and dropzone(360 + ship).

THANX FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT GUYS,YOU GUYS ROCK!!! ILL RE POST ONCE ALL IS INSTALLED, ill also keep u guys updated once i get my injen knock off intake, due date is wednesday