4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

keep seeing remote keyless entry on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2001, 12:14 AM

when i got my car..it came with an alarm([part of c&c package)..or so i think..the light flashes..but i never got it to work. i lost my remote, and i was thinking about getting one off of ebay.
my question is:
can i program any remote for my car?
should i get one off ebay?
Old 03-17-2001, 05:04 AM

The alarm works. Any 4th Gen remote will work on your car, and it is programmable.

Replacing Remote Controller or Multi-Remote Control Unit (LCU05)

Enter the identity (ID) code manually when:

remote controller or multi-remote control unit LCU05 is replaced.
an additional remote controller is activated.
ID Code Entry Procedure

To enter the ID code, follow this procedure.

Entering "Setting mode":
(1) Close and lock all doors.

(2) Insert and remove the key from the ignition more than six times within 10 seconds. (The hazard warning lamp will then flash twice.) At this time, the original ID codes are eliminated.

ID code entry:
(3) Turn ignition key to "ACC" position.

(4) Push lock button on the new remote controller once (for example, if door is locked using the remote controller during this ID code entry enable state, a new ID code can be entered). At this time, the new ID code is entered. (The hazard warning lamp will then flash twice.)

Additional ID code entry
(5) If you need to activate additional remote controllers, unlock the driver's door, then lock again with door lock ****.

(6) Push lock button on the additional new remote controller once.

(7) This ID code entry enable state and setting mode remain until the driver's door is opened.

NOTE
If you need to activate more than two additional new remote controllers, repeat the procedure "Additional ID code entry" for each new remote controller.
If the same ID code that exists in the memory is input, the hazard warning lamps will flash twice but the entry will be ignored.
Entry of maximum four ID codes is allowed and any attempt to enter more will be ignored.
Any ID codes entered after termination of the "setting mode" will not be accepted. Additionally remote control signals will be inhibited when an ID code has not been entered during the "setting" mode.

Taken from the MaxFAQs website
Old 03-17-2001, 09:06 AM

I got mine from Ebay for about $20.
Old 03-17-2001, 09:28 PM

go for it

I bought mine off of Ebay for $28...dealer wants at least $65...the one I bought was brand new too.. It's very easy to program..almost too easy.
Old 03-17-2001, 11:16 PM

dope.....

ebay here i come.....

btw..
like i said before..my alarm light flashes all the time(except when im driving) i dont know much about alarms..but can someone tell me. how to check if i got one connected/disconnected at least?...some wire somewhere?..
Old 03-18-2001, 06:49 AM

Go for ebay.
Nissan charges too much.
If you cant (or dont want to) do it yourself, just bring the remote down to your nissan dealer and they can do it in a couple minutes.
Old 03-18-2001, 06:54 AM
CustomMax

Originally posted by CheshireCat76
Go for ebay.
Nissan charges too much.
If you cant (or dont want to) do it yourself, just bring the remote down to your nissan dealer and they can do it in a couple minutes.
I bought mine from the Nissan dealer like 2 years ago for 90 bucks. Unless you are trying to **** away all your money before you hang yourself, i'd go with the ebay deal.

Old 03-18-2001, 09:13 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

WOW! Just the information I was looking for. Thanks a lot!
Old 03-18-2001, 09:15 AM

on the stock alarm...

Is there a setting or something to adjust the sensitivity for the stock alarm.
Old 03-18-2001, 03:50 PM

Re: Keyless Entry and Stock Alarm System

I bought my 95 GXE used and did not receive a keyless remote. Did ALL 95s have keyless entry? IE. If I were to purchase a remote, would it work with my car... or is it an option that perhaps mine doesn't have? How would I tell?

As for the factory alarm system. Are you referring to the blinking light that says "Security" by it? Anytime the cars doors are locked with the ignition key removed, the factory security system is set - signaled by the blinking light on the dashboard. Once this is set, if the car door is unlocked and opened WITHOUT use of the key, the alarm will go off. The horn starts honking and the starter is disabled. Even if you try to start the car with the key, it won't start. To disable the alarm, you have to insert the key into either the driver's side door or the trunk (passenger door may work also, can't remember).

Anyway, my car has this feature, but I don't know if it has keyless entry. If it does, I'd really like to get one of those remotes for it. But no use in buying one and not being able to use it!
Old 03-18-2001, 04:51 PM

I thought it was if you have the stock alarm system, then you can have keyless remote entry.