4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Ford Contour Svt bites the dust long...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2001, 12:39 PM

Or maybe his water pump blew

I think his water pump might have blew
http://www.bonforums.com/advisory1.htm
Old 03-20-2001, 12:44 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Hmm what's this?
NA maxima running 14.36

http://integra.vtec.net/geeser/megamax/Drag_tips.html
Old 03-20-2001, 12:45 PM

You can get a supercharger for the svt

You can get a vortech supercharger for the svt. Check out the whopping 218lbs/tq at the crank. I bet after it gets to the wheels that number is probably the same as the maxima stock. I read in a recent hot rod mag that torque wins races hp sells cars.
Old 03-20-2001, 12:45 PM
Pollo_loco69

Originally posted by breaux124

Ok. See back up to a statement, I like that.
But as you can see, the maxima engine is right there too. From what I read it seems like the Ford engineers tweaked aspects of the intake and exhaust to get the extra horsepower, whereas the maxima isn't.

How much do aftermarket modifications effect an already tweaked car? I mean you can add an intake and Y-pipe to a maxima for about $500 and get another 20hp. What type of gains can SVT owners get? (This is a question, not a flame. I really curious cause my friend might be interested)
First off I want to say thank you for showing some respect. Ford did tweak the engine and exhaust or rather SVT did. SVT is the performance division of Ford. All SVT cars and trucks have been tweaked to have more horsepower and better handling then a stock car or truck. There are plenty of things that can be tweaked on the SVT. People have been known to go the y-pipe and new exhaust route or a aftermarket intake or even Supercharging them. There are plenty of things that can be done with both cars. I for one think that the Maxima is a nice car. A little pricy but still nice. Just wanted to let everyone know where I stand.

Old 03-20-2001, 12:47 PM
mamisano

Originally posted by breaux124
One question: What is the fastest know SVT contour? Just curious.
Not too sure. There have been MANY advancements over the winter with track testing to come.

Vortec just came out with a Supercharger pushing power to 300hp with no other mods. With some small mods there are cars pushing 300 at the wheels.

A 3.0 conversion kit is also available. HP goes up to near 200hp at the wheels vs. 168hp at the wheels with SVT. The best thing the 3.0 adds is MUCH more torque. Add some more parts, (Headers, Exhaust, Filter) and power climbs to 220-250 at the Wheels.

Regards

Old 03-20-2001, 12:49 PM

What are you doing making a speech

Nice speech. "First off I'd like to thank you for...." wtf

Originally posted by Pollo_loco69

First off I want to say thank you for showing some respect. Ford did tweak the engine and exhaust or rather SVT did. SVT is the performance division of Ford. All SVT cars and trucks have been tweaked to have more horsepower and better handling then a stock car or truck. There are plenty of things that can be tweaked on the SVT. People have been known to go the y-pipe and new exhaust route or a aftermarket intake or even Supercharging them. There are plenty of things that can be done with both cars. I for one think that the Maxima is a nice car. A little pricy but still nice. Just wanted to let everyone know where I stand.
Old 03-20-2001, 12:50 PM

See we can all get along. Who cares who has the faster car? Why don't we all just whip our d*cks out and measure them? I mean we have something in common, we all like cars and we all talk sh*t.

But the maxima is a better car (had to get that one in there)

So this whole story is possible and probably, why would he lie? I've raced an integra before and his engine backfired and he had to pull over, but that doesn't mean it's a POS. It just means he had a bad day.
Old 03-20-2001, 12:51 PM
mamisano

Re: You can get a supercharger for the svt

Originally posted by infinitiblast
You can get a vortech supercharger for the svt. Check out the whopping 218lbs/tq at the crank. I bet after it gets to the wheels that number is probably the same as the maxima stock. I read in a recent hot rod mag that torque wins races hp sells cars.
That equates to a conservative 250+ Ft/Lbs or torque, but 300 HP. How much torque does a stock Maxima have?

Torque, get you off the line, Horsepower is for top end. I guess If I drop a Truck motor in my car with 500+ ft/Lbs and 200hp I would win a race against a car with 250ft/lbs and 300hp? I don't think so.

Old 03-20-2001, 12:53 PM
Pollo_loco69

Re: What are you doing making a speech

Nice speech. "First off I'd like to thank you for...." wtf

Thanks. You have a really nice one on our forums too.

Old 03-20-2001, 12:53 PM

The 2001 SE anniversary edition has
227 hp, 217ft-lb torque
Old 03-20-2001, 12:54 PM

Wow

Now I can sink my money into it like its a boat (a whole in the water surronded by wood which ones pours money into). That 3.0 conversion kit do you have to out a new engine in or rebuild the one that just blew up racing a maxima.

Originally posted by mamisano

Not too sure. There have been MANY advancements over the winter with track testing to come.

Vortec just came out with a Supercharger pushing power to 300hp with no other mods. With some small mods there are cars pushing 300 at the wheels.

A 3.0 conversion kit is also available. HP goes up to near 200hp at the wheels vs. 168hp at the wheels with SVT. The best thing the 3.0 adds is MUCH more torque. Add some more parts, (Headers, Exhaust, Filter) and power climbs to 220-250 at the Wheels.

Regards
Old 03-20-2001, 12:56 PM
I'm needing a caw

Re: Re: You can get a supercharger for the svt

What truck motor?? WTF you talking about? The last time I checked the Ford F150 Lightning is pretty damn fast. Flaming w/o correct facts is pretty lame man. The all aluminum VQ is not used in ANY Nissan truck.

BTW, I did a search on your SVT forum for "headgaskets" The results weren't pretty. How many blown engines you have have so far?

That equates to a conservative 250+ Ft/Lbs or torque, but 300 HP. How much torque does a stock Maxima have?

Torque, get you off the line, Horsepower is for top end. I guess If I drop a Truck motor in my car with 500+ ft/Lbs and 200hp I would win a race against a car with 250ft/lbs and 300hp? I don't think so.
Old 03-20-2001, 12:58 PM
mamisano

Re: Wow

Now I can sink my money into it like its a boat (a whole in the water surronded by wood which ones pours money into). That 3.0 conversion kit do you have to out a new engine in or rebuild the one that just blew up racing a maxima.

Geez man, I am TRYING to have a civil conversation here. The conversion consists of a prepped, new 3.0 shortblock from SHO-Shop. Cost is around $1400. Take all the SVT hardware and bolt it on. It will actually come out to around 235 at the crank. In a 3100# car, thats pretty good and those #'s are with everything else stock. Like I said, add headers, cat-back, filter, and HP goes to 270+ at the crank.

BTW, how much does a Maxima weigh?

Regards

Old 03-20-2001, 12:58 PM

Maybe you dont understand what the crank shaft is. Thats not at the wheels thats at the flywheel and you loose hp when you get to the wheels not gain hp so it wont be close to 250ft/lbs more like 190 something at best.

Old 03-20-2001, 12:59 PM

Go here
http://members.nbci.com/alabrado/Z/_...00701_avi.html

Watch movie #4
14.5 maxima (without nitrous or SC)
Old 03-20-2001, 01:00 PM
Pollo_loco69

Re: Re: Re: You can get a supercharger for the svt

Originally posted by Jeff92se
What truck motor?? WTF you talking about? The last time I checked the Ford F150 Lightning is pretty damn fast. Flaming w/o correct facts is pretty lame man. The all aluminum VQ is not used in ANY Nissan truck.

I think what he was saying is that if he were to drop a truck engine into his car and it had those specs he would still loose to a car with the specs he then qouted.

Old 03-20-2001, 01:00 PM
mamisano

Maybe you dont understand what the crank shaft is. Thats not at the wheels thats at the flywheel and you loose hp when you get to the wheels not gain hp so it wont be close to 250ft/lbs more like 190 something at best.

I'm sorry, you are correct. This is due to the fact that boost does not come in until around 4000 rpm. So are you saying because a Supercharge 2.5 has the same Torque as a stock Maxima, they will be equal in the 1/4 mile?

Regards

Old 03-20-2001, 01:04 PM
mamisano

Re: Re: Re: Re: You can get a supercharger for the svt

I think what he was saying is that if he were to drop a truck engine into his car and it had those specs he would still loose to a car with the specs he then qouted.
Thats right Pollo

Old 03-20-2001, 01:07 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: You can get a supercharger for the svt

I thought they got rid of the "pollo" disease along time ago.
I'm talking about red light to red light races not high speed races like on the highway. Why would you want a truck engine in your car anyways??

Thats right Pollo
Old 03-20-2001, 01:10 PM

Thats correct I bet I could in fact beat you with a na maxima. Its all in the driver.

I'm sorry, you are correct. This is due to the fact that boost does not come in until around 4000 rpm. So are you saying because a Supercharge 2.5 has the same Torque as a stock Maxima, they will be equal in the 1/4 mile?

Regards
Old 03-20-2001, 01:11 PM
I'm needing a caw

Oh I'm very sorry. Which truck motor has 500ftlbs torque and only 200hp?? A cummings desiel? Any why would you bring that up anyway. How is that revelant to the VQ30 engine na or supercharged? Torque is not the only facter yes. So?? Both of our cars feature a balanced amount of both. Your point?

Thats right Pollo
Old 03-20-2001, 01:12 PM
Pollo_loco69

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: You can get a supercharger for the svt

Oh I'm very sorry. Which truck motor has 500ftlbs torque and only 200hp?? A cummings desiel? Any why would you bring that up anyway. How is that revelant to the VQ30 engine na or supercharged? Torque is not the only facter yes. So?? Both of our cars feature a balanced amount of both. Your point?

No one was talking about the VQ30 engine.

Old 03-20-2001, 01:13 PM
mamisano

Thats correct I bet I could in fact beat you with a na maxima. Its all in the driver.

Geez Man, You really are Stupid aren't your Forrest?

Is life like a box of chocolates?

Old 03-20-2001, 01:21 PM
I'm needing a caw

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: You can get a supercharger for the svt

Well this is a Maxima vs Ford Contour SVT thread. Since every maxima since 1995 features a variation of the VQ30, how could you not be talking about the VQ30?

No one was talking about the VQ30 engine.
Old 03-20-2001, 01:22 PM
migalush

3L conversion kit dyno chart at

http://photos.yahoo.com/svtenthusiast

in 1st album, lower right corner. 229 hp at the wheels and 208 torque.

Old 03-20-2001, 01:22 PM

What are you talking about chocolates for. I dont understand you ford people first your talking about sticking a truck engine in your car then you start bringing up something from a movie. Are you saying that each day is ot different and like a box of chocolates. Do you know what is going to happen to you tomorrow, I think not unless your god. That means it will be different thus like a box of chocolates.

Geez Man, You really are Stupid aren't your Forrest?

Is life like a box of chocolates?
Old 03-20-2001, 01:23 PM
mamisano

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: You can get a supercharger for the svt

Well this is a Maxima vs Ford Contour SVT thread. Since every maxima since 1995 features a variation of the VQ30, how could you not be talking about the VQ30?

Jeff, Take a minute and read the post. It was stated that Torque wins races not HP. I then stated that if I put a truck engine in my car, would it be faster in the 1/4 mile than a car with 300 hp. In one word, not. Jeez you people are slow.

Old 03-20-2001, 01:29 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: You can get a supercharger for the svt

No your cars are slow!!!!
When did I ever say that a car with a truck engine would win in the 1/4 mile. I dont really care that you have a truck engine for you car just dont tell everyone keep it a secret so your car will be a sleeper.

Jeff, Take a minute and read the post. It was stated that Torque wins races not HP. I then stated that if I put a truck engine in my car, would it be faster in the 1/4 mile than a car with 300 hp. In one word, not. Jeez you people are slow.
Old 03-20-2001, 01:29 PM
I'm needing a caw

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: You can get a supercharger for the svt

Oh now torque wins races?? This is contrary to your buddy who is saying torque is not the only factor? Geez you guys are contradictary and slow.

So which truck engine(asked for the 3rd time!) A cummings desiel? 500ftlbs torque and 200hp? You can put that engine on a tricycle and still is not gonna beat a Geo in the 1/4" mile.

Your turn sparky.

Old 03-20-2001, 01:31 PM
Pollo_loco69

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: You can get a supercharger for the svt

I am sorry. I misunderstood what you were talking about earlier. I thought you were talking about a truck engine. Thanks for clarifying.

Old 03-20-2001, 01:33 PM
Pollo_loco69

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: You can get a supercharger for the svt

Oh now torque wins races?? This is contrary to your buddy who is saying torque is not the only factor? Geez you guys are contradictary and slow.

So which truck engine(asked for the 3rd time!) A cummings desiel? 500ftlbs torque and 200hp? You can put that engine on a tricycle and still is not gonna beat a Geo in the 1/4" mile.

Your turn sparky.

No one is going to put a truck engine in their car. This was all a hypothetical situation. The numbers that were quoted were just something that he made up. MMMMKAY?

Old 03-20-2001, 01:36 PM

Oh my god

Some guy on the contour website just said he beat a maxima on feat because the car was on blocks. It was on blocks becuase someone was installing the y-pipe that will now nake the maxima beat a ford mustang.
Old 03-20-2001, 01:36 PM
mamisano

Re: You can get a supercharger for the svt

Here it is again! Your guy saying Torque wins races. So once again If I put a TORQUE (500ft/lbs) monster engine with around 200hp in my car, will it beat the same car with a 300hp & 250ft/lb car?

This is what I am arguing. Once again, read the info before you reply to a post. You are way too quick to jump the gun.

Old 03-20-2001, 01:42 PM
I'm needing a caw

Why? Test the two and find out. When did "I" say torque wins races? Can you read? I'm agreeing w/ you that torque isn't everything.

My question is why even argue the point? Torque is nothing without an usable rpm range. ie.. desiel cummings engine(for the 4th time!!)

Here it is again! Your guy saying Torque wins races. So once again If I put a TORQUE (500ft/lbs) monster engine with around 200hp in my car, will it beat the same car with a 300hp & 250ft/lb car?

This is what I am arguing. Once again, read the info before you reply to a post. You are way too quick to jump the gun.
Old 03-20-2001, 01:42 PM

Thats gotta be a turbocharged power stroke desiel engine. What other engine would make so much torque. Plus I dont think that engine will fit in the small contour. Have you ever sat in your back seat its so small like sitting in the rear of a sports car. Notice also that that engine puts down 500ft/lbs at like 2500 rpms so he would be of the line really quickly. Ever rode in one of those trucks they thow you in the back of the seat like heck in a big butt truck to imagine that in your car.

Old 03-20-2001, 01:46 PM
Pollo_loco69

Thats gotta be a turbocharged power stroke desiel engine. What other engine would make so much torque. Plus I dont think that engine will fit in the small contour. Have you ever sat in your back seat its so small like sitting in the rear of a sports car. Notice also that that engine puts down 500ft/lbs at like 2500 rpms so he would be of the line really quickly. Ever rode in one of those trucks they thow you in the back of the seat like heck in a big butt truck to imagine that in your car.

No one is going to put a truck engine in their car. This was all a hypothetical situation. The numbers that were quoted were just something that he made up. MMMMKAY?

I already posted this once before.

Old 03-20-2001, 01:47 PM

He he

Check out the contour.org forum link again. This guy thats talking about the truck engine installed a new engine at 42k miles. Dang that sucks.
Old 03-20-2001, 01:47 PM
mamisano

HY-PO-THET-IC-AL-LY

I guess you guys need Phonics. I never said I would do it, I was just trying to prove a point. How old are you guys anyway? Just get your permits or something, or garage-driving moms car dreaming of the day you can actually go out on the open roads. You have to be young because you can't even follow a simple bulletin board post.

Regards

Old 03-20-2001, 01:58 PM

And you replaced your engine at 42k miles why??
Blow a head gasket and had no other choose huh. SO you decied to go with the 3.0l conversion. I bet you might be able to keep up with a maxima now. I think you guys are kinda funny you post in pairs on our site and then you go to your site and discuss things about us and then come back and post in pairs again.

HY-PO-THET-IC-AL-LY

I guess you guys need Phonics. I never said I would do it, I was just trying to prove a point. How old are you guys anyway? Just get your permits or something, or garage-driving moms car dreaming of the day you can actually go out on the open roads. You have to be young because you can't even follow a simple bulletin board post.

Regards
Old 03-20-2001, 01:59 PM
mamisano

Re: He he

Check out the contour.org forum link again. This guy thats talking about the truck engine installed a new engine at 42k miles. Dang that sucks.
Actually, at 42K miles I got a FREE motor from Ford. Hmmm, how does that suck?

Anything else that you would like to TRY and troll about?

Quick Reply: Ford Contour Svt bites the dust long...