4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Power windows & locks not working. HELP

Old 03-26-2004, 05:59 PM
RPC
Newbie - Just Registered

Power windows & locks not working. HELP

I have a 95 Maxima GLE with the following symptoms:

1) Power windows not working from any of the door switches.

2) Power locks not working from driver side master switch.

3) Unlocking driver's side door will not prevent alarm from going off. Unolocking passenger door or trunk will disable alarm as normal.

4) Speaker and review side mirror adjustment work on driver's side door.

I suspect that that their may be a problem with either the cable bundle (broken wire) or the driver side master switch assembly for the locks/power windows.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 03-27-2004, 11:54 AM
RPC
Newbie - Just Registered

Problem Solved

Decided to take the path of least resistance.

Checked all fuses and were ok.

Removed master window switch assembly, took apart. No apparent problems, so re-assembled.

Put assembly back into car and everything worked.

I would have to guess a dirty connection from wire harness to switch assembly. I'm just a happy camper right now!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-27-2004, 12:19 PM
Most Perverted Member of the SE-L Club

actually, i had a problem that was very similiar to that the other day: Every time i hit the window switch, the doors would lock. the only window switch that would work was the switch for the passenger side window. After like 10 minutes, everthing was fine again. IT was raining, and the switch cluster had gotten wet, so i'm assuming the water f'ed something up.