4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

whats "all motor" mean?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 06:57 PM

whats "all motor" mean?

what mods are considered all motor mods - and what is considered to make your car not all motor?
Old 04-02-2004, 07:01 PM
Sports Button FTW

nitrous, turbo, supercharger are all mods considered not all motor because they force your engine to work harder. Y-pipe just takes away restrictions, intake just takes away restrictions, a pulley takes away restrictions, headers and VI take away restrictions, stronger rods, etc. done to the internal of the motor make the engine perform better but its not forcing it to work harder like a supercharger or turbo or nitrous. Thats my definition, maybe someone can make it sound better....

they also call it N/A
Old 04-02-2004, 07:01 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

any mod that doesn't Force Air into your Engine or NOS.

So if you have Turbo, S/C, or Nos. then you are not all motors. Anything else is NA
Old 04-02-2004, 07:06 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Correct me if I'm wrong somebody.

All motor, basically means that the motor's output power is strictly from the engine, and how the engine runs. There are many ways we can improve the engine performance this way, like aggressive cams, lightweight components, better exhuast. But generally, the only thing we can't do (what's considered not all motor), is forced induction like superchargers, turbos, and nitros.
Old 04-02-2004, 07:08 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Haha, that's funny. I can swear there was no reply to the original post, so I decided to write. I got a phone call in between. I finally submit, and there's already two other replies. Hehe... I knew this would be too easy to be first...