4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

is this window mod possible?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 01:11 PM

is this window mod possible?

is it possible to have all 4 windows roll down at the same time with the remote?? kinda like how the front 2 rolls down but is it possible to wire up the back 2 windows to go down as well?? i think that'll be pretty cool especially in the summer when you want to let all that hot air out of your car.
Old 04-06-2004, 01:29 PM

If it is possible, wouldn't the back window motors get messed up because the front windows will still be going down and the back window motor will keep on going and the might get messed up, unless you can wire it where the back windows stop. IMO
Old 04-06-2004, 01:34 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

theres relays in all the windows, you can hold the switch down once all windows are down and there won't be any power to them.

If you want to do this, you will need to find the signal that goes to the front windows, then somehow wire it so it goes to the rears.
Old 04-06-2004, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by ICanEat123
If it is possible, wouldn't the back window motors get messed up because the front windows will still be going down and the back window motor will keep on going and the might get messed up, unless you can wire it where the back windows stop. IMO
no, because you can hold down the button inside the car for as long as you want and nothing happends (not that i recomend doing that)
Old 04-06-2004, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by ICanEat123
NO! If you are inside the car and the window is all the way down, you can still push the button to roll it down without it breaking; just nothing happens. Just find the power source that turns on when you hold down the remote button, hook you up a parallel circuit to that power source, connect to the rear switch and there you go.
Old 04-06-2004, 03:00 PM

dumb question!

excuse my ignorance here..but I can roll down the windows with the remote? how?, please explain.
thanks
Old 04-06-2004, 03:35 PM

hold down the unlock button on the keyless entry remote and the front two windows will roll down. it would be cooler if you could hold down lock and roll them up.
Old 04-06-2004, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by jrobinson04
hold down the unlock button on the keyless entry remote and the front two windows will roll down. it would be cooler if you could hold down lock and roll them up.
Either one shouldn't be too incredibly difficult. In fact I plan on figuring it out in a few weeks.

Having them all go down would be easy, just like MaxTank said, you just have to figure out where the signal is coming from to the window and tap into it. I'm going to set mine up so that when the fronts stop a relay with a 2 second delay will kick and roll down the back windows. This will allow me to just roll down the fronts if I want, or hold it for 2 seconds more and have the rears go down too.

Making them go up may require some more creativity and tinkering with the keyless entry system when the doors get a lock signal from it.

If I get it all working, I post instructions ... as soon as I have the time
Old 04-06-2004, 07:42 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?...ore=&catid=298

also there is a product called twindows, i dont remember who makes it but it works great and you need one for each window i got them 4 years ago for about 80 dollars a piece.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Maxtank
theres relays in all the windows, you can hold the switch down once all windows are down and there won't be any power to them.

If you want to do this, you will need to find the signal that goes to the front windows, then somehow wire it so it goes to the rears.
sorry to jump of topic but i remember i was raising the windows and i accidently just kept holding the window switches after they were fuly raised.... i heard a click and all 4 windows where like locked or something. after i pressed the switches to lower them i had to hold them for like 6 seconds before they lowerd. girlfriend had me distracted. has this ever happened to them as far as locking up the windows?

as far as having them all roll down im sure the concept is easy it will just be time consuming as far as finding the proper wire and running the wire to the back. im not sure if this would be a trial and error thing or does anyone know the particular wire?
Old 04-06-2004, 10:14 PM

you can probly do the "all windows down mod" pretty easily. all you would have to do is take off the driver door, look at the power wires at the window switch panel, the front window rolldown wires should have an extra wire running to them that only gets power when you hold donw the unlock button.

splice that into the rear windows, it should work nicely.

Someone should try it, but I don't want my rear car to do it.
Old 04-07-2004, 04:39 AM

anyone know if its easy to wire this up if my 99 GXE didn't come with it (wire to OEM spec would be fine, don't need back windows as much).
Old 04-07-2004, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by DemonSpawn

If I get it all working, I post instructions ... as soon as I have the time

Please DO!
Old 04-07-2004, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by Magikone69
sorry to jump of topic but i remember i was raising the windows and i accidently just kept holding the window switches after they were fuly raised.... i heard a click and all 4 windows where like locked or something. after i pressed the switches to lower them i had to hold them for like 6 seconds before they lowerd. girlfriend had me distracted. has this ever happened to them as far as locking up the windows?

as far as having them all roll down im sure the concept is easy it will just be time consuming as far as finding the proper wire and running the wire to the back. im not sure if this would be a trial and error thing or does anyone know the particular wire?

I hope your mod list doesn't continue to grow....we are going to need you to donate so that our server can handle your posts' bandwith

haha.

jk
Old 04-07-2004, 05:54 AM

I remember reading a post here that says we can roll the front windows back up already. I never knew that and I cant try it now because I lost my remote but I think the thread said that you need to press the unlock button 3 times and on the third....hold it down and the windows should go back up. I just ordered a new remote so I hope that it works!!!! I always thought that would be pretty cool.
Old 04-07-2004, 06:03 AM
Doin' it 4 da shorteez

Originally Posted by nupemaxima
I remember reading a post here that says we can roll the front windows back up already. I never knew that and I cant try it now because I lost my remote but I think the thread said that you need to press the unlock button 3 times and on the third....hold it down and the windows should go back up. I just ordered a new remote so I hope that it works!!!! I always thought that would be pretty cool.

That was a joke, you cannot roll them back up with the OEM remote, they also said it would turn the lights on with a certain press of the buttons, it does not work, all you can do is roll the front windows down unless you do some modifications to it.
Old 04-07-2004, 06:09 AM

i wonder if im the only one on this board who does not have this capability
Old 04-07-2004, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by luckee2bhere
Please DO!
If I get time after easter weekend, I'll figure it out. A few weeks at the earliest ... work is killing me and I'd rather spend my spare time with my kid
Old 04-07-2004, 03:26 PM

just get a window roll up module from DEI, each module controls 2 windows...

on my eclipse i had both fronts wired up, as well as my sunroof. with my alarm remote i could vent the two fronts, the sunroof, or roll them down, or all the way up...

fun stuff
Old 04-07-2004, 04:56 PM

That cost $$$ hahah

mods are mods but free ones are cooler because most people can do them and doesnt cost them an arm and a leg. I guess i can wait til after easter as long as i can get this in by summer that'll be fine
Old 04-07-2004, 05:33 PM

i just suggest the modules because they have internal relays and ****, if your just gonna hook it up to the wires from the factory remote window roll down thingy, then you should relay isolate them, window motors are high juice...
Old 04-07-2004, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by luckee2bhere
I hope your mod list doesn't continue to grow....we are going to need you to donate so that our server can handle your posts' bandwith

haha.

jk
lol my B. i really want to have a nice pic in my sig like everyone else but i just can figure out how to use photoshop. anyone have any links on how to use all the tricks of photoshop?