4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Readers Beware.... Race Thread....

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 10:40 PM

Readers Beware.... Race Thread....

Finally I have the chance to tell my racing storys for this week. I'm sorry yes its stupid to race, etc... and I got in trouble for it, but I cant help it. Also if you think race threads are stupid... dont read beyond this point..

Last Sunday: After coming back from a party, I was trying to get home quickly, didnt want to be out soo late. But on the way back, I ended up behind a 89-92 240sx with a big wing and exhaust. I was like aight thats cool, he's on the left lane, and I turned to the right to be side by side to him, as I start passing him, I notice he has a NISMO decal on his windsheild.And I'm like " AH, this guy, messed up his whole car with the BS wing, and exhaust." I didnt think of him much, until I slowly started passing him, thats when he floored it. He passed me, and cut me off. I was like, "ah WTF, fine you want to play?" So I roll up next to him, at the light. I cant tell he's stick, and he starts reving me, I was like your gonna go down. The light turns green, and bam, we both going at it, I slow down due to a car cutting me off, but I pass it, at this time the 240 is about 3 cars ahead, I was ****ed off, thinking I'm gonna lose to this car... We start hitting 70.... and I start inching on him, and by the time I hit 95-105, I passed him by two cars. We slow down for the next light, I was expecting this guy to take off, in one of those sore loser runs, where you win, and they run the light, in embrassment so you dont see who they are. But he stopped to, and rolled down his window and said these exact words, "Wow, nice car. Have you taken it to the track?" I told him, that I was planning to, but I hadnt had time, I told him it was a good run, for him to hit up the track too. We both gave a thumbs and left our seprate ways.

My other run, was on Wednesday: I picked up my g/f and her friend, who was gonna meet up with her b/f at Jack In the Box. We got there before her b/f got there, and I asked her, if her b/f would get mad, if I said hi to her in my car, while she was with him, in his car at a stop light. She said yes, and that he would probably try to show me up by racing me... Well I felt like ****ting the stick some, so I told her, I was gonna tick off her b/f for the hell of it. Just to race and then be like... "hey babe, why dont you ride in a real car", she said not to, so I was like alright (they have enough problems already), so I didnt think of it much... But when I went back to take my g/f to school, I saw them there, and they waved me down. Her b/f immediately, said, " so what you wanna race?, wanna bet a $100" I was like ****, if I had the $100 on me I would (he drives a 98 Grand Am), I told him I would do it for $20, cause thats all I have. He said cool, where? I told him the spot and we both took off. We arrive at the street we're gonna run on. I told him at the light, we go. Ok, so we're there, and I'm thinking does this guy have anything in his car? ("why bet $100") so the light turns green, I floor it, I take him on the start, but I didnt see or hear that he was trying to I let go. THats where he floors it, and passes me, I was like WTF, ReRun, but I didnt lose hope in my Maxima, so I punch it too, and I catch up to him, by 2nd gear, and on 3rd I pull hard on him. I SMOKED him bad!!! I swear to God, I beat his *** by 5cars at least. I flash the lights, and wait for him at the next light... He rolls up, lowers his windows, and says what kinda of exhaust do you have? WTF I just smoked you, where are my $20... He told me we'll run again, at less trafficy area.

Whatever, I had fun this weekend, I got to more storys but I got to go to Mexico right now to party. Repost later tonite. LOL enjoy
Old 04-09-2004, 10:50 PM
nycmaximas member

Nice killz... There's the Max for ya...
P.S. I heard Pearl White Maxs are quick sons of B*#@hes...
Old 04-09-2004, 10:52 PM
G

very nice. why does everyone who drives a grand am think they are the ****?!? i dont understand it.
Old 04-09-2004, 10:54 PM

lol grr8 kills, especially on the grand am. did that guy give u the $20. id be ****ed if he didnt. LOL. do you know what kinda grand am it was. 2 door, 4 door, gt.... it doesnt matter i guess they are all pretty slow. when i 1st looked at potential cars i TD a 2 door gt grand am (like a 2000 or 2001) it was a slow POS and im glad i passed it up. GR8 kills keep it safe man.

p.s i just updated my cardomain site, be sure to click the link in my sig to check it out, leave a vote and sign me guestbook ;-)
Old 04-10-2004, 12:50 AM

my friend has a 2dr grand am gt. theyre fairly quick......it has a lot of torque, so its pretty fast right off the bat. but yea, its no match for a maxima
Old 04-10-2004, 02:05 AM

I think his was a two door, couldnt tell from my review mirror, LOL.Nah, I havent recieved my money. Whats funny thou, is my g/f told me about how her friend (the one who's b/f I raced) was telling a guy friend about what we were doing (while there where in class we were racing), the guy asked, "what does you b/f drive?" she answers "a 98 grand am." and then he ask's my g/f "and what does yoru b/f drive?" "a Maxima", then he asks, "what year?" she says "95." Then all of sudden he just blurts out,"WTF is your b/f stupid, he's gonna lose, let me call him and tell him how stupid he is." this is towards the girl with the b/f who drives the grand am. Obviously he knows about the power of the Maxima.. LOL, ok last but not least, I want to know what you guys think, a buddy of mine, has a old maxima, and I mentioned to him how funny it woudl be to have one of those advetising screens on the back of the car. (you know those black panels, that have sentences going across the screen, you can type in whatever you want, and it has images.? they mostly use them for business and so forth), well I told him, how funny/badass I think it would be if someone hooked up that to the back of there car, and everytime the won a race.... It would say something like "You've just been smoked..... then a image of a cigeratte being smoked would come out" Well he actually did it, he hooked up that thing to the back of the car, and he ran this weekend against a honda, just like we joked around, it came out, "you've been owned by Nissan" scrolling across the screen, and then it showed a car, racing thru, burning out, the burning smoke would disemse leaving the word SMOKED afterwards. You guys have to see this, I'll try to get pics or even a vid soon. Laters.... Oh he MaximaTodd hows the VBmod going for you?
Old 04-10-2004, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by NISMOMAXMAN
I think his was a two door, couldnt tell from my review mirror, LOL.Nah, I havent recieved my money. Whats funny thou, is my g/f told me about how her friend (the one who's b/f I raced) was telling a guy friend about what we were doing (while there where in class we were racing), the guy asked, "what does you b/f drive?" she answers "a 98 grand am." and then he ask's my g/f "and what does yoru b/f drive?" "a Maxima", then he asks, "what year?" she says "95." Then all of sudden he just blurts out,"WTF is your b/f stupid, he's gonna lose, let me call him and tell him how stupid he is." this is towards the girl with the b/f who drives the grand am. Obviously he knows about the power of the Maxima.. LOL, ok last but not least, I want to know what you guys think, a buddy of mine, has a old maxima, and I mentioned to him how funny it woudl be to have one of those advetising screens on the back of the car. (you know those black panels, that have sentences going across the screen, you can type in whatever you want, and it has images.? they mostly use them for business and so forth), well I told him, how funny/badass I think it would be if someone hooked up that to the back of there car, and everytime the won a race.... It would say something like "You've just been smoked..... then a image of a cigeratte being smoked would come out" Well he actually did it, he hooked up that thing to the back of the car, and he ran this weekend against a honda, just like we joked around, it came out, "you've been owned by Nissan" scrolling across the screen, and then it showed a car, racing thru, burning out, the burning smoke would disemse leaving the word SMOKED afterwards. You guys have to see this, I'll try to get pics or even a vid soon. Laters.... Oh he MaximaTodd hows the VBmod going for you?
nice kill..tell them theres a slow *** maxima up north in corpus!
Old 04-10-2004, 07:04 AM

Grand Ams

Originally Posted by MaximaTodd
very nice. why does everyone who drives a grand am think they are the ****?!? i dont understand it.
My neighbors two sons drive Grand Am's, whenever they are leaving to go somewhere and see me in my garage(Our garages are facing eachother and we share like a 40ft wide driveway) driveway workin on the max, they always rev their engines or speed off in front of me...
Old 04-10-2004, 07:17 AM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Originally Posted by superblack98se
My neighbors two sons drive Grand Am's, whenever they are leaving to go somewhere and see me in my garage(Our garages are facing eachother and we share like a 40ft wide driveway) driveway workin on the max, they always rev their engines or speed off in front of me...
story races, against cars
Old 04-10-2004, 12:12 PM
G

Oh he MaximaTodd hows the VBmod going for you?
its great so far. ive gotten so used to the harder shifts that i dont even notice them anymore. last weekend i raced a max identical to mine except it was a stick (and it was either a 95 or 96), and i beat em by about 3/4 car length. hail to the y-pipe and the vb-mod!!

hows it going for you so far?
Old 04-10-2004, 01:04 PM

Good, same here I got use to the hard shift, its only really nocticable when I step on it and let go, real quickly, that you feel the kick. It was money well spent.
Old 04-10-2004, 06:58 PM

they still havent shipped mine (vb mod)!! been like a month and a 1/2. he said he shipped it....nothing. then hes like ok i'll reship it.....nothing. ugh! i'm suppose to get yours maximatodd (original core).
Old 04-10-2004, 07:36 PM

nice job taking the trash out
Old 04-10-2004, 08:41 PM

NISMOMAXMAN that the funniest thing ive heard in a long time! but he didnt actually put the cigarette being smoked?! thats would have been funny as hell! how much for one of those signs? can we get a group deal goin on one of those? Honda's are sooooo much fun to play with, they don't even know what they're getting themselves into
Old 04-10-2004, 09:23 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Nice kills, but next time, less of the

"hats funny thou, is my g/f told me about how her friend (the one who's b/f I raced) was telling a guy friend about what we were doing (while there where in class we were racing), the guy asked, "what does you b/f drive?" she answers "a 98 grand am." and then he ask's my g/f "a .. ..."

stuff, damn impossible to read...

Also, you said at the start of the thread that you got in trouble, how if I might inquire? It seems you got away with both of those kills..

And just to add to the thread, a 95ish camry ran me today, I ran him up to about 75 from a stop, beat him by a good 4-5 cars, was a 35mph zone, and I past a cop station (racing downtown never smart) so I eased off lol.
Old 04-10-2004, 09:28 PM

I got knocked by a 2002 Grand Am GT ram air off the line, of course he tourque bracked his slush box...from a roll I think I coulda had him

And back to how ppl with grand am's tihnk there the ****, there was a kid out last night when I was cruisin, prob a mid 90's 4 door, he kept tryin to run me and we just laughed at him...it was great
Old 04-10-2004, 10:05 PM
G

Originally Posted by -=PK=-Maxima
they still havent shipped mine (vb mod)!! been like a month and a 1/2. he said he shipped it....nothing. then hes like ok i'll reship it.....nothing. ugh! i'm suppose to get yours maximatodd (original core).

that really sucks. they seem like a rather shady company to me. make them give you a tracking number so you can confirm that it shipped. otherwise i would get my money back if i were you. hope it works out for you...its a great mod!
Old 04-10-2004, 10:31 PM
Hooooooonda.....

You're right, racing stories DO suck, especially when they're about cars that had no chance against you in the first place.
Old 04-10-2004, 11:05 PM
DoGGy

nice kills. this past week THREE Jetta 1.8T tried to race me but i didnt WASTE my gas on ANY of them

oh ya, one of them was a hot *** chick who kept flooring her car next to me i guess she wanted some.....

Old 04-11-2004, 12:20 AM

you have no idea how long my friends and i were talking about putting one of those signs in my car, i'm glad we're not the only ones who havw thought of that

may i ask how you got in trouble since you kinda skipped over that part...

oh, and make sure you get your $20 from the in the Grand am
Old 04-11-2004, 03:46 PM

For those of you who wanted to know how I got in trouble, a while back about um the beginging fo this year, I was street racing on a sunday afternoon, against a 90's intergra and a early 90's jetta, I was beating them, but at the same time, there was ****loads of traffic, so I was weaving here and there, we'll just my luck, I get the red/blue lights flashing behind me. I got pulled over and arrested, for street racing. Its a class B misdamenor, $1,000 impound for the car, I loss my DL for a year, and I go to jail for up to 6months. The cop, was giving me a hard time, but he let me go, with a warning, but he told me to stay off the racing scene here. THat if he were to see me around the racing scene he'd pull me over for anything. So I have to watch out, I posted a thread about my experience that night. I was ****ting my pants, and crying. I couldnt afford to get in that much trouble and lose my car. I told myself I would never street race, only at the track. Man I havent learned. I need the $20 for gas, I'll find him tonite, and I'll be back with more. Oh I beat the **** out of a 96 GT mustang yesterday, I had about 400lbs of people in my car, I won by half a car, but man it was soo cool to smoke him, he was sitting all low and tucked in a corner with one hand on the steering wheel. He looks over at me and my boys, and I just kinda of laughed. (I didnt mean to, the guy looked scary so I didnt want to mess with him) but the light turned green and all it was for me was WOT..... all the way, I owned his stang *** from 1-3gr in my auto, on 4th for him, he start pulling, but only to my rear door. LOL I whooped on him twice, and I have my witnesses. I want to get that sign thing on my ride too. But then I'll for sure be a riced out maxima, and no I dont want to be that. Well not yet... They go for about $200 at office depot.
Old 04-11-2004, 04:30 PM
Armed and Dangerous

I recently raced one of those mid 90s POS mustangs, man, I whipped her azz! She looked over at me at the stop light and I knew she wanted to try to take me. She had some stupid aftermarket paintjob and taillights. I back slapped that Mustang like a cheap little hooker. Very pathetic for a V8!

Stillen FSTB, Stillen Rear Sway Bar, Stillen Intake, Cattman Y-Pipe, Cattman Cat-Back Exhaust, Cefiro Chrome Gauge Rings, Cefiro One-Piece Headlights, Cefiro Sports Grill, Infiniti Limited Chrome Kick Plates
Old 04-11-2004, 04:31 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

For those of you who wanted to know how I got in trouble, a while back about um the beginging fo this year, I was street racing on a sunday afternoon, against a 90's intergra and a early 90's jetta, I was beating them, but at the same time, there was ****loads of traffic, so I was weaving here and there, we'll just my luck, I get the red/blue lights flashing behind me. I got pulled over and arrested, for street racing. Its a class B misdamenor, $1,000 impound for the car, I loss my DL for a year, and I go to jail for up to 6months. The cop, was giving me a hard time, but he let me go, with a warning, but he told me to stay off the racing scene here. THat if he were to see me around the racing scene he'd pull me over for anything. So I have to watch out, I posted a thread about my experience that night. I was ****ting my pants, and crying. I couldnt afford to get in that much trouble and lose my car. I told myself I would never street race, only at the track. Man I havent learned. I need the $20 for gas, I'll find him tonite, and I'll be back with more. Oh I beat the **** out of a 96 GT mustang yesterday, I had about 400lbs of people in my car, I won by half a car, but man it was soo cool to smoke him, he was sitting all low and tucked in a corner with one hand on the steering wheel. He looks over at me and my boys, and I just kinda of laughed. (I didnt mean to, the guy looked scary so I didnt want to mess with him) but the light turned green and all it was for me was WOT..... all the way, I owned his stang *** from 1-3gr in my auto, on 4th for him, he start pulling, but only to my rear door. LOL I whooped on him twice, and I have my witnesses. I want to get that sign thing on my ride too. But then I'll for sure be a riced out maxima, and no I dont want to be that. Well not yet... They go for about $200 at office depot.
You are a fool. Seriously, your really an stupid.
Old 04-11-2004, 04:53 PM

ha, that cop let you off real easy. how can you say he was giving you a hard time if he let you off with just a warning for street racing. if i were you i wouldn't do **** like that no more
Old 04-11-2004, 07:19 PM

well if have a question, what is a vbmod , what does it do, is it for an a/t , where can i find it and how much is it ? Goooosh that seems like more than one Question . Sorre lol