4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

New here, need advice (Euro-spec)

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2004, 02:37 PM
vsamoylov

oh well then. i updated my car to a 97-99 now cause it was originally cheap. i like the switches on the dash and the door better than the floor and u will never step on them either.

Old 04-16-2004, 02:45 PM
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake

The Cefrio headlights should be a direct replacement. Dont worry about modifications. Us USA maxima owners need to cut in order to get them to fit. They make the car look badass.
Old 04-16-2004, 04:25 PM
vsamoylov

they do make the car look very good but the fitment is horrible. if only they made lights for us also.

Old 04-16-2004, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jepht20
how do you know there isn't, have you checked?
As a matter of fact YES! I have ripped my dash apart dozens of times in have never come across any kind of prewire for that. Besides why would Nissan prewire fr something that's already on the car?

personally, i disagree with you. i'd rather have one of those empty slots filled with a button than have the lever on the floor.
Thats fine to all his own. I don't know if you noticed that I stated that was just my .02 (that means my oppinion).

-Chris
Old 04-17-2004, 01:46 PM
Custom User Title...

Originally Posted by SupermaxGxe
As a matter of fact YES! I have ripped my dash apart dozens of times in have never come across any kind of prewire for that. Besides why would Nissan prewire fr something that's already on the car?

-Chris
what's with the slap??

because nissan prewires for everything else it seems. take for example the power trunk i added to my non power gxe. the wires were there, so i used them, set up a button and added the trunk solenoid and that was that. i've ripped apart my dash many times and since i'm a gxe, i have a million harnesses taped up everywhere.

vsamoylov, i pmed you the other day but didn't get a response. can you explain how you hooked up the gas pop button? i'd like to get rid of the floor lift. funny how the euro style ones have all sorts of options for everything including the engines...
Old 04-17-2004, 03:13 PM

what's with the slap??

because nissan prewires for everything else it seems. take for example the power trunk i added to my non power gxe. the wires were there, so i used them, set up a button and added the trunk solenoid and that was that. i've ripped apart my dash many times and since i'm a gxe, i have a million harnesses taped up everywhere.

vsamoylov, i pmed you the other day but didn't get a response. can you explain how you hooked up the gas pop button? i'd like to get rid of the floor lift. funny how the euro style ones have all sorts of options for everything including the engines...
I am not doubting that there are lots of prewired items. I had a '97 GXE for 2 1/2 years before I totaled it. The slap is because Nissan would not prewire for something you already have, such as a gas door opener. Fog lights, power seats, and many others are all options that Nissan offers and prewires but does not put in every car, otherwise they would have hundreds of wiring combinations for the same car, instead they have ONE. Fact of the matter is, your car IS prewired for a gas door opener and it's installed in every Maxima out there, to a latch under your drivers seat, the i30 has it on the dash. As for vsamoylov PMing you about how he installed it, he wouldn't know because it came stock. I suggest you go into the i30 forums and ask for interior pictures on i30's from our years, you'll find that they all have it. I don't mean to bash you with the slap, just my way of letting you know.

Peace
-Chris
Old 04-17-2004, 10:43 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Wow...smoked Cefiro Headlights would look awesome on that car!

See my signature picture below and if you like them, contact Sycefiro on this board.
Old 04-18-2004, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by iansw
Wow...smoked Cefiro Headlights would look awesome on that car!

See my signature picture below and if you like them, contact Sycefiro on this board.
oh yes those are so hot
you got any more pictures (bigger ones)?
Old 04-18-2004, 12:20 AM

A ton of pics, and even a write-up (thanks to maximase86 and NWMaxima.com)

http://www.cyberhub.net/cefiro/Resized/

Or, if you want hi-res pics - you can go here: (beware dial-ups!)
http://www.cyberhub.net/cefiro/hires/

Write-up
http://www.cyberhub.net/cefiro/CefiroWriteup.doc

Although I suspect you won't have to cut your bumper up since the I30's here don't have to.

Just us US Maximas have to do that.
Old 04-18-2004, 12:24 AM

Old 04-18-2004, 12:25 AM

Old 04-18-2004, 12:25 AM

Old 04-18-2004, 12:56 AM

thanks alot iansw
Old 04-18-2004, 09:07 AM
Custom User Title...

Originally Posted by SupermaxGxe
As for vsamoylov PMing you about how he installed it, he wouldn't know because it came stock.
Peace
-Chris

ok last time i'm gonna post ***** this thread and respond about this...but, to the best of my knowledge, vsamoylov swapped out an i30 interior to his maxima. that would mean the parts all bolted on no problem. sooooooo, i'm asking him how that gas door popper hooked up because that would require some type of wiring or popper to work. so, if he could easily hook it up in his maxima, he would know what it took to make that work. do you follow me?

why wouldn't he know?! he set all that stuff up in his car, so i'm sure he has an idea of what it would take to work.

btw ian, i to your car.