4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

I've Lost that Urge.....Cr*p...

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 07:42 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I've Lost that Urge.....Cr*p...

Yeah, well after a year of going nucking futs and spending all my hard earned $ on my Max, everytime i got some cash, i sank it into my ride, true it does look hot now, i have the moto guage chrome guage surround, levoc auto-shifter, aluminum dash kit, kickin system, jwt intake, clear bumpers, red-clear tails, shaved tail (no trunck lock or badges), trenz grille, paradox rain guards and rear window spoiler...and a few other little things here n there. But lately, i lost my usual urge to mod and buy. The next thing i think i am going to get is a red top battery and grounding kit. I was thinking about getting a Y-Pipe, but i really am not too into doing performance mods right now, i have 80k miles on her, and from now on, i only want to do mods that will help her live nicely, and not just help me win.

Do you know if a y-pipe will help my baby live life to her fullest, or will it only make her perform good for a little while and kill her sooner....

Also, post any advice on any other things to do to help her, as long as it isn't sorta crazy, say like rims, or SC...

Thanks guys, Keep Maxing round
Old 04-29-2004, 09:17 AM

Well, you have sure wasted a lot of money on stuff that doesn't really matter. A RED battery top....who cares? I mean, do you ride down the road(which is what a car is meant for) with the hood up so that people can see all that stuff? NO.
Do something that matters.
Your max will be a lot more fun to drive, and will still live a very long time.
Old 04-29-2004, 10:10 AM
Jedi Knight

Originally Posted by Brudaddy
Well, you have sure wasted a lot of money on stuff that doesn't really matter. A RED battery top....who cares? I mean, do you ride down the road(which is what a car is meant for) with the hood up so that people can see all that stuff? NO.
Do something that matters.
Your max will be a lot more fun to drive, and will still live a very long time.

Bruce,
Don't you think thats a bit harsh..."wasted a lot of money" None of the stuff most of us do...really matter, and we continue to do so cause we want to. Just my .05

VVraith,
The battery is definately worthwhile as they are some of the best batteries on the market, the grounding kit also helps...those will help the car, as for the Y-pipe, that will help you burn more gas, and be louder...

enjoy though...
Old 04-29-2004, 12:28 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

exactly what I was thinking nupe.

To each his own. some (not me) would argue that it is better to mod for looks only anyways so that you can see your customization everyday instead of just "feeling the performance" occasionally. I understand the logic in trying to keep his car alive for as long as possible since he has developed a relationship with it by now as have we all!

As for life of the car witha y. The only conceivable thing I can think of is if you start to drive it really aggressively to feel the newfound freed up horses, you may prematurely wear out certain engine parts. Obviously unlikely and pretty much not possible if you drive normally with it on, but a possibility if you rev to red line everyday all day.

jm2c.
Old 04-29-2004, 12:50 PM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

so brudaddy tell me what the point of these mods was?
(from your cardomain page)
1. Diamond Cut Clear Corners from custommaxima.com
2. changed corner bulbs to amber instead of white(off white)
3. changed bulbs in clear corners to be more amber/yellow, rather than orange.
4. Sylvania Silverstars (9004)
5. Sylvania H3 Fog bulbs
nobody cares right? their not worthwhile and a red top battery is pretty functional, I'm sure many would agree with me on that.

anyways i think everyone goes through phases like this, "I'm not gonna mod anymore.. ah screw it, just one more mod "