4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

intelliglow needle kits

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 01:55 PM

intelliglow needle kits

do you know how to install custom intelliglow needle kits? i saw the link to importiontelligence on this site do you know what gauges a 1996 gxe max has? is this suitable for an amatuer :P
Old 04-29-2004, 03:13 PM

You stand a good chance of messing up your needles if you don't perform the installation just right. With that said, here are some instructions I had on file from some time ago. I would credit the author but I can't remember who wrote it and where I got it. Anyways, here are the instructions. As always, follow them at your own risk.
----------
I'm assuming you already have the cluster out, and you're sitting at the kitchen table with the gauges exposed.

1) Turn the needle clockwise enough to grab the little needle-stop peg with a pair of pliars. Remove it. It pulls straight out.

2) Gently turn the needle counter-clockwise until it stops. With a pencil, make a faint mark at the tip of the needle. (Very important. You'll need this mark to re-calibrate the needle when you put it back on.)

3) Gripping the needle at the hub, keep turning it counterclockwise. (You'll think you're going to break it, but you'll be fine. Be gentle, but firm.) Turn it three full circles to loosen it, and then start to gently pull up while you're turning. The needle will come right off.

4) Install the Intelliglow LED rings per their instructions.

To re-install the needle:

1) With the needle at roughly the 4pm position, press it straight onto the spindle.

2) Turn it counter-clockwise (this will feel hard again) until it is EXACTLY lined up with the pencil mark you made.

3) Now turn it back clockwise past the needle-stop peg hole, and reinsert the peg. Let go, and the needle falls back down to the stop, and is now calibrated.

This is the same for every gauge EXCEPT the gas gause. For that one, simply pencil-mark how much gas you have, and put the needle back on at that same position.
---------
Old 04-29-2004, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by meanbean
You stand a good chance of messing up your needles if you don't perform the installation just right. With that said, here are some instructions I had on file from some time ago. I would credit the author but I can't remember who wrote it and where I got it. Anyways, here are the instructions. As always, follow them at your own risk.
----------
I'm assuming you already have the cluster out, and you're sitting at the kitchen table with the gauges exposed.

1) Turn the needle clockwise enough to grab the little needle-stop peg with a pair of pliars. Remove it. It pulls straight out.

2) Gently turn the needle counter-clockwise until it stops. With a pencil, make a faint mark at the tip of the needle. (Very important. You'll need this mark to re-calibrate the needle when you put it back on.)

3) Gripping the needle at the hub, keep turning it counterclockwise. (You'll think you're going to break it, but you'll be fine. Be gentle, but firm.) Turn it three full circles to loosen it, and then start to gently pull up while you're turning. The needle will come right off.

4) Install the Intelliglow LED rings per their instructions.

To re-install the needle:

1) With the needle at roughly the 4pm position, press it straight onto the spindle.

2) Turn it counter-clockwise (this will feel hard again) until it is EXACTLY lined up with the pencil mark you made.

3) Now turn it back clockwise past the needle-stop peg hole, and reinsert the peg. Let go, and the needle falls back down to the stop, and is now calibrated.

This is the same for every gauge EXCEPT the gas gause. For that one, simply pencil-mark how much gas you have, and put the needle back on at that same position.
---------
your the man thanks so much ill let you know how it goes
Old 04-29-2004, 10:07 PM
Rockin' VK56!!

Originally Posted by nismo_SHA
your the man thanks so much ill let you know how it goes
It's quite easy if you just follow the instruction.
I did my needles with indiglo, so it was easier since i had to
take out everything. it looks very nice w/ only needle on.
good luck on installation
Old 04-29-2004, 11:49 PM

im all about killing two birds with one stone..im the 2nd owner and theres some fog or cloudiness or just..ugly..lol i tryed to clean it buts its inside..:P this way i clean the plastic cover while im installing the intelliglowzeey btw is there any opinions about this mod? too flashy not worth $/effort?
Old 06-08-2007, 07:02 AM
Shift_custom

this needs to be a sticky in the how to's.. good info..